Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reviewing game reviewers

roojrooj Member UncommonPosts: 24

Is there a website where folks can review game reviewers? If not, let's make one.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

A site based on opinions about opinions? No thanks, too much of that goes on around here already.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • kiltburnerkiltburner Member Posts: 2

Well what game reviewers are you talking about? I think 90 % of them say the same things over and over - i have seen a few good ones on youtube, and by good i mean they were funny. but I have not seem to many that actually tell me something i want to know about the games..

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Some people expect game reviewers to be unbiased in their reviews which is asinine to say the least. A review by it's very nature is an opinion piece. Reviewers are paid to give their opinions on games. They are by their very nature the most biased articles you will ever read. The only way you can get an overall picture of whether a game is good or not is through an average of what reviewers think across the board. This is where sites like Megacritic come in handy.

Of course the only way you are going to truly know if a game is going to be good to you personally is to play it yourself. When it comes to some things in life your own opinion is the only one that matters.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }