Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Day Z mod making a huge viral buzz....FPS creating MMO like situations?

So a friend of mine recently sent me a link about a little mod gaining a lot of steam called Day Z. It is a mod for Arma 2, which i never played or bought or demo'ed or anything'ed. And the situations and ideas and feelings it seems to be creating in players is blurring the lines of FPS into MMO. The concept is a zombie apocolypse type event, the world is open like star wars galaxies, and the content is....well whatever you want it to be because also like galaxies it is being driven by whatever you want to do as a player as well as the need to...and is the predominant driving force, to survive.

You get dropped on a beach with a crude pistol, nothing else, no ideas of where to go what to do etc. Needless to say i'm considering trying this out because of the level of realism this game hits on. You can die from other players, zombies, from starvation, bleeding, infection and a multitude of things just like in real life. To die in this mod is to die for good. As a result players seem to be extremely cautious in just about everything they are doing in the game. From greeting other players who may want to just kill them and take their stuff to searching just about any structure worrying zombies might be on them at any moment.

It appears to be creating some situations that are ever present in the zombie film genre and seems worth taking a serious look at.

Anyone been playing this and find its blur to the MMO realm?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.