Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combat done wrong

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Crunchy221
    Originally posted by Charlizzard

Why do people continually ignore the 3 faction pvp and endgame pve raids and dungeons?  Hell when you read about the pve encounters and the pvp plan it almost seems more interesting than the story itself..

If your assuming that players are going to be repeating quests to fill out their builds your assuming wrong, people are going to be running dungeons and playing with pvp just like every other game.

Can you link information on what the end-game is because I can't find official word from the developers? How many raids are being released? How many dungeons? Will the dungeons drop different tier levels of gear? Right now it's all speculation.

http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/showthread.php?t=31803

Wait..your disputing my "claims" that there will be endgame dungeons and raids?

Or are you saying that if it doesnt drop purple gear no one will do it?

Seriously your sticking to the "everyones going to be doing repeatable quest forever" argument?

....when does GW2 start again so you can go back to that forum?

Seriously, link some info. It comes out in 3 weeks.

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

see above

however i realize the moot effort on proving stuff to people who are hyped about GW2 yet are here for some reason

when does GW2 start again?

see above

however i realize the moot effort on proving stuff to people who are hyped about GW2 yet are here for some reason

Why do you keep talking about GW2? You seem to be fascinated with it.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for information about engame content 3 weeks before launch. I have no idea why it seems strange to you.

Originally posted by colddog04

see above

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for information about engame content 3 weeks before launch. I have no idea why it seems strange to you.

No but i have been keeping up and i see a lot of familiar faces here on this forums awash in negativity that are very pupmed on the gw2 forums.

just making a point that a lot of you guys dont have an intrest in the game regardless, therefore producing information isnt going to do any good.

its called trolling i think...

and again, i added the link and i just checked and google is infact operating as intended..do i have to supply you with search keywords?

see above

No but i have been keeping up and i see a lot of familiar faces here on this forums awash in negativity that are very pupmed on the gw2 forums.

just making a point that a lot of you guys dont have an intrest in the game regardless, therefore producing information isnt going to do any good.

its called trolling i think...

Oh God. Resorting to calling everyone trolls.

I think it's legitimate to ask questions about endgame. I'm sorry you are unable to see why those questions are relevant.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Crunchy.. why the hostility?

I see you jumping to a lot of conclusions & putting a lot of words in people's mouths. All they asked for is a link to info on the endgame this game is supposed to have. I don't think that's an unfair request, especially since this game is launching soon.

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265

If a person was actually interested in a game, basic information such as endgame content is easier to find than lint in your bellybutton.

Now if said person actually is interested in the game but just to damn lazy..well he wont get much help either I imagine.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Why do people continually ignore the 3 faction pvp and endgame pve raids and dungeons?  Hell when you read about the pve encounters and the pvp plan it almost seems more interesting than the story itself..

If your assuming that players are going to be repeating quests to fill out their builds your assuming wrong, people are going to be running dungeons and playing with pvp just like every other game.

Can you link information on what the end-game is because I can't find official word from the developers? How many raids are being released? How many dungeons? Will the dungeons drop different tier levels of gear? Right now it's all speculation.

To be fair, many do seem to be ignoring the RvR-style PvP, which should be a good source of self-perpetuating content in a similar way it was in DAOC, for those that are interested in PvP.

I haven't heard a lot about "end-game" PvE, so can't really comment on it.  More information would be helpful, that's certain.  But, I also understand that the sense of mystery that the game is going for would probably preclude them from spilling the entire story.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Seriously your sticking to the "everyones going to be doing repeatable quest forever" argument?

quick google search produces: (im not going through the twitter and facebook account to get you direct links to the conversation youll have to do it yourself)

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=29039

"That's not entirely correct. Weapons will have stats and bonuses. Armor of course will not. But, there will also be other useful items that contain benefits you will want that also drop too. Martin, the Lead Designer covers that some in the recent TSW IGDA Panel Video linked on our official Twitter and Facebook"

hey i just quoted myself for the link, all i did was use google.  this is for those who refused to scroll up to my post.  Wont matter though.  

quick google search produces: (im not going through the twitter and facebook account to get you direct links to the conversation youll have to do it yourself)

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=29039

"That's not entirely correct. Weapons will have stats and bonuses. Armor of course will not. But, there will also be other useful items that contain benefits you will want that also drop too. Martin, the Lead Designer covers that some in the recent TSW IGDA Panel Video linked on our official Twitter and Facebook"

hey i just quoted myself for the link, all i did was use google.  this is for those who refused to scroll up to my post.  Wont matter though.  

Sooo... you stand by that link as what PvE endgame encompasses? Because that is a bit horrifying if true.

• cooper85cooper85 Member Posts: 386

No need to link look it up there are something like 10-12 dungeons with REAL nightmare mode. Ten man raid after launch.

Originally posted by cooper85

No need to link look it up there are something like 10-12 dungeons with REAL nightmare mode. Ten man raid after launch. 

well actually i was hunting for the direct link to the lead designer snow refering to endgame at launch. guess ill just copy paste it.

but like i said, this information is being provided to people who dont care what it says, this isnt a game they are interested in.  here it is anyway

Also id like to point out this sub-discussion is about having more option other than repeating quests, which is what people are appearing to assume will be the only way to fill out their skills....theres the dungeons and theres pvp...like i said before repeating quests if going to be for people who want multipme rewards from that perticulair quest, want to return to a lower area to help friends, or want a refresher on past topics coverd ect...filling out skills later on will be done through endgame pve and pvp...

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=30706

"Snow Lead Designer

TSW will launch without raids, but they will come in future content updates.
    Let me talk a little bit about the Dungeon difficulty. Dungeons come in 3 difficulties. The names are pending atm, so let's call them 1, 2, 3, where 1 is the easiest.

Difficulty 1 is approximately the difficulty level of what the player is when playing through that playfield, where the dungeon exists, while progressing through the game. They are generally scaled to something the player would do when they have explored a zone and gotten a fair share of the gear from it. So people should be able to do The Polaris at the end of Kingsmouth, as an example.

Difficulty 2 is the difficulty level for when a player has played through all the adventure zones, and has started to get gear from Transylvania. The difficulty level of the 3 Transylvania is about the same, so the dungeons here come only in difficulty 2 and 3 (since 1 and 2 would be the same).

Difficulty 3 is... um.. Really really hard At this point we put hard blockers when it comes to what abilities to bring. A dot that might take 30% of your health in difficulty level 2, will kill you here - so you better bring someone who can remove it. We do the same thing for tanking type, damage dealing, healing type, crowd controlling, movement abilities... everything. These bosses doesn't only have more damage and hp, but new abilities, so you need to apply new tactics. You really have to work as a group and coordinate in advance in order to be successful. Compared to other mmos I've played, I would say that this would be the equivalent to a really hard raid, but in TSW it's still regarded as a 5 man dungeon.

Note: In the description of the difficulties I've focused on gear. In order to be successful you still need to bring more than good gear. You've already seen how we build our dungeons, and what skill level we demand from the players, and I hope you see that it's about more than just bringing gear. The reason I bring up the gear is that when balancing we need a starting point for player strength. From there it's pure craftsmanship from the dungeon designer.

All around in the game you will find groups of special monsters, which is the ultimate version of their race. These will be really hard to kill, unless you bring certain abilities. Let's say you go to a camp where block is required. These mobs will drop really good block gear. This is also where you can get really good item suffixes (the ones you can add to an item and may say: "Every time you block you do a pbaoe damage with increased hate"). You can either go here and face the challenge yourself, as it is doable by skilled players, but I believe we'll see a lot of players bringing their friends with a special skill set to challenges like these.

In every zone you will also find a dedicated group area, which are intended for 2-3 players. These are NOT the kind of "group play" where you're in a competition, and whoever performs best wins the best loot. The players need to cooperate in order to be successful, and lore, achievements and loot is distributed evenly. In here players can also pick up "blueprints". If they solve a puzzle they will be able to spawn and fight some of the signature monsters of TSW, which will give a nice reward.

So as you can see, no we don't have raids, but we have lots of interesting pve group play that will hopefully keep you guys busy and happy in TSW for a long long time.

Back to the combat and pvp. More options = higher skill cap. All things be equal (semi tab/aim, double tap dodge) I'll take the higher skill cap and better running engine.

I'm going out on a limb. TSW will have longer lasting better pvp than gw2. Part of the reason, who wants to reroll 80 levels to try something new? If people did swtor would still be a hit.

Thanks for the dev quote.

There still is a lot of stuff that is basically hear-say in regards to this game, though. Which, when compared w/ some of the stuff we've seen so far is kind of worrying. I know this game works a bit differently as there aren't any real lvls, but there is still a spread of content based on difficulty (ie. your gear / how many APs you have unlocked). So far, though, we've only seen starter zones and demo footage of 1 dungeon.

While yes, you can google search for TSW info, almost non of it is official info, and at best you get videos of only a handful of things from the game. For instance, is PvP limited to the 'arenas' that we've seen (i.e. london fight club) or does the game have more interesting areas of PvP. What are some of the harder area content? etc. I haven't really seen anything in regards to these in playable form.

Originally posted by aesperus

Thanks for the dev quote.

There still is a lot of stuff that is basically hear-say in regards to this game, though. Which, when compared w/ some of the stuff we've seen so far is kind of worrying. I know this game works a bit differently as there aren't any real lvls, but there is still a spread of content based on difficulty (ie. your gear / how many APs you have unlocked). So far, though, we've only seen starter zones and demo footage of 1 dungeon.

While yes, you can google search for TSW info, almost non of it is official info, and at best you get videos of only a handful of things from the game. For instance, is PvP limited to the 'arenas' that we've seen (i.e. london fight club) or does the game have more interesting areas of PvP. What are some of the harder area content? etc. I haven't really seen anything in regards to these in playable form.

What's hear-say? make a list  please.

3 fight clubs all 3 different huge warehouses with well designed los breaks.  2 battle grounds and 1 persistant wazone (at launch another is already made) 150+ maybe up to 300, 3 factions.

No need. The links to forum threads of people talking about what they think is going to be in the game = hear-say. They were posted on the previous page. They heard the devs talking about it, and so assume that it's there. However, I haven't seen much in the way of actual hard information. I've only seen a few videos of the starter areas, 1-2 videos of devs playing a dungeon, and a couple videos of a very empty looking PvP arena. That's basically it.

EDIT: Just for clarification, I am in no way trying to say that the content isn't in the game. I just haven't seen any concrete info about most of the content this game is supposed to have. I know that part of that is a concious decision on Funcom's part, but jsut on the off-chance I just missed some of it, it would be good to see more actual info on this game prior release. The game has some pretty interesting components, but it also has some that are a bit worrying.

No need. The links to forum threads of people talking about what they think is going to be in the game = hear-say. They were posted on the previous page. They heard the devs talking about it, and so assume that it's there. However, I haven't seen much in the way of actual hard information. I've only seen a few videos of the starter areas, 1-2 videos of devs playing a dungeon, and a couple videos of a very empty looking PvP arena. That's basically it.

Your just saying that... There is no hear-say, it's all there.

This is why I'm asking you what is the hear-say?

Your just saying that. There is no hear-say, it's all there. This is why I'm asking you what is hear-say?

I just explained to you what that means. It's when you hear some information, and then assume it's accurate. (thus you hear it, and then say it to someone else).

I say that in this case, because a lot of the info I'm seeing being spread for this game doesn't seem to have much backing it up. It seems to be mostly people taking other people's word for it.

Your just saying that. There is no hear-say, it's all there. This is why I'm asking you what is hear-say?

I just explained to you what that means. It's when you hear some information, and then assume it's accurate. (thus you hear it, and then say it to someone else).

I say that in this case, because a lot of the info I'm seeing being spread for this game doesn't seem to have much backing it up. It seems to be mostly people taking other people's word for it.

What information are you talking about that's hear-say. You say you watch some videos but everything is hear-say.. What are you doubting and what do you have questions about?

You keep saying hear-say information, but can't come up with anything. People aren't just making up stuff.

What information are you talking about that's hear-say. You say you watch some videos but everything is hear-say.. What are you doubting and what do you have questions about?

You keep saying hear-say information, but can't come up with anything.

Well for starters (as I've already mentioned) what's being talked about on the forums in regards to endgame.

Also, has anyone gotten past kingsmouth. Do we know about what dungeons will be in the game / when players will be able to partake in them? What are they called, how many of them are there? What does this game have in terms of faction PvP? Is it limited to the arenas that we've seen, or will there be more to it? Etc.

You know... the specifics about the game that's launching soon.

Well for starters (as I've already mentioned) what's being talked about on the forums in regards to endgame.

Also, has anyone gotten past kingsmouth. Do we know about what dungeons will be in the game / when players will be able to partake in them? What are they called, how many of them are there? What does this game have in terms of faction PvP? Is it limited to the arenas that we've seen, or will there be more to it? Etc.

Wow it is hard to find the dungeon info you are looking for. My gooogle-fu sucks. I think part of the problem is that a lot of that information is given in video interviews.  I apologize for riding you. 

As far as PvP 3 faction pvp. 2 battle grounds 5v5v5, 10v10v10, and a persistant warzone 150 people confirmed, but working towards 300.  

The best thing you could do is watch developer interviews. This is where a lot of the information is buried. You can also ask on official forums. Those guys are search ninjas they will find the link you need. Again sorry. I've been searching since I read your post.... I can see the post sin my head but can't find them!!!

• moreblahblahmoreblahblah Member Posts: 58

I have been in closed beta for months and have done everything they have put into the game up to this date, I can tell you it's all true..... everything, I never believed it until I saw it with my own eyes but there is was right in front of me.

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491

Wow it is hard to find the dungeon info you are looking for. My gooogle-fu sucks. I think part of the problem is that a lot of that information is given in video interviews.  I apologize for riding you. 

As far as PvP 3 faction pvp. 2 battle grounds 5v5v5, 10v10v10, and a persistant warzone 150 people confirmed, but working towards 300.  

The best thing you could do is watch developer interviews. This is where a lot of the information is buried. You can also ask on official forums. Those guys are search ninjas they will find the link you need. Again sorry. I've been searching since I read your post.... I can see the post sin my head but can't find them!!!

Heres some info on a dungon, google-fu it to ya!

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/404/feature/6429/Hell-Hurts.html

aw, look at that, its on this site, might be "hear-say"!

NO MMORPG wants to realse ALL the info on every dungon, that would be "counter-productive" for them to do.

If any mmorpg does that and gives up all the secrets, well, thats like a movie that shows ALL of its best scenes in the commercials. image

Edit: more info, same dungon: 

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05/24/raising-hell-in-the-secret-worlds-hell-raised-instance/

• KaazKaaz Member Posts: 18

instance list (taken from achievments in beta weekend 1)

The Wreck of the Polaris

Hell Raised

The Darkness War

The Ankh

Hell Fallen

The Facility

Hell Eternal

The Slaughterhouse

each dungeon has 3 modes,

one that you visit as you get to the end of each area (tier 1 or Normal Mode)

one that you get when you get to the end of Translyvania (tier 2 or Elite Mode, note that elite and normal are combined for Transylvania Areas)

and finally when you get a fair bit of horizontal progression you have Nightmare Mode (or tier 3)

• UronksurUronksur Member UncommonPosts: 310

TSW combat is pretty meh. Just another game of left-click and spam your number keys in an ingrained pattern until the health bar gone. Wash, rinse, repeat.