Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you cancel your sub? Better make sure

Dorko2kDorko2k Member Posts: 107

So apparently EME is having a whirlwind of problems today with subscriptions. I canceled about 2 weeks ago cause the game just didn't do it for me. I heard a big patch was dropping today & decided to check out the forums to get more info on it. I noticed that the forums are full of posts about people having serious subscription problems like being charged for another month even though they had canceled, people who had opted for the 3 or 6 month plans were charged for the 1 month prices, others who had their accounts set to auto-renew found their subscriptions did not renew & they're now unable to play. 

So out of paranoia I checked my own account to be sure it was canceled & lo & behold it was still set to active & auto-renew with all of my credit card info still up. Tried canceling again & all I get is an error code. I've now been waiting a little over an hour for customer service & it says I have another 3 hours to go.....

So if you purchased this game I suggest you go check your account before you too get screwed over.

Comments

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Dorko2k

So apparently EME is having a whirlwind of problems today with subscriptions. I canceled about 2 weeks ago cause the game just didn't do it for me. I heard a big patch was dropping today & decided to check out the forums to get more info on it. I noticed that the forums are full of posts about people having serious subscription problems like being charged for another month even though they had canceled, people who had opted for the 3 or 6 month plans were charged for the 1 month prices, others who had their accounts set to auto-renew found their subscriptions did not renew & they're now unable to play. 

So out of paranoia I checked my own account to be sure it was canceled & lo & behold it was still set to active & auto-renew with all of my credit card info still up. Tried canceling again & all I get is an error code. I've now been waiting a little over an hour for customer service & it says I have another 3 hours to go.....

So if you purchased this game I suggest you go check your account before you too get screwed over.

They said they are aware of slight sub issues, I wouldn't freak out though.  Obviously any mis charges will be refunded etc, I know my buddy tried buying the game and it wouldnt let him so hopefully they'll have everything back to normal by the end of the day.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• EnikEnik Member UncommonPosts: 99

I saw that my account was still set to a three month auto renewal despite cancelling a couple of weeks after the game came out. So I changed my credit card to a virtual one that only has a dollar availble on it, just to make sure :-)

What is strange, however, is that my account was supposed to expire yesterday but it looks like they added a week on to the expiration date.

• mWo4lifemWo4life Member Posts: 119

I cancelled about 1.5 weeks ago. Didn't have any problems. Next to renual it says now 'Manual' instead of 'Automatic'. So, I guess its good. 

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

En Masse have so far provided admirable customer service, if you are unlucky enough to be charged, I'm sure they'll correct it for you.

• Dahkot72Dahkot72 Member Posts: 261

Just went through the bullshit of waiting two hours in line in chat - a second time - to have to tell them to refund me my 35.85.

A few weeks ago I decided I didn't want to pay 3 months in advance and went through the chat thing  with a GM because their billing system was broke then (and always has been since launch really) , while they were helpful and polite I decided I wanted it cancelled at the time and I would just manually renew for what I wanted to when the time came and they had the billing fixed.

I got the email from them saying it would be set to manual and I wouldn't be automatically billed , in addition to chat logs saying same thing.

This morning , sure enough , a 35.85 charge on my CC from En Masse and my account set to autorenew. Lots of folks who thought they were cancelled had it renewed and charged even though it showed canncelled before.

Just had slightly over two hours in line on chat and finally , supposedly , my account is cancelled , again ,and going to be refunded the money. If I don's see the refund in a day or two I'll have to have my CC company do a chargeback , but I'm mainly irritated at the mickey mouse outfit they apparently are running when it comes to billing. This should have been nailed down long before , and I'm not up for dealing with a company that for over a month cannot straighten their billing out.

Polite or not , if you can't fix your billing system in a month , I guarantee there will be more issues to come,

Fun game , but not the kind of company I want to give any more money to myself.

• gripnotgripnot Member UncommonPosts: 5

Just want to pile on and verify that this same crap happened to both me and my wife. I had to do a chat with a customer service rep to unsub. So yes, if you're quitting Tera, you'll want to talk to their customer service reps to make sure it happens. 

• madroxymadroxy Member Posts: 53

Rift had the same problem, people should be more understanding about slight issues that will obviously be payed back if need be. The mmo community is becomming such a bunch of complainers and trolls its getting to the point where if a game company screws up even a tiny bit everyone screams BLOODY MURDER and tells everyone not to play the game lol... Do other things than play games all day and you'd probably be less miserable people :P  and don't say "I do other things than play games!" because most of you don't.. so don't go there :)

Originally posted by madroxy

Rift had the same problem, people should be more understanding about slight issues that will obviously be payed back if need be. The mmo community is becomming such a bunch of complainers and trolls its getting to the point where if a game company screws up even a tiny bit everyone screams BLOODY MURDER and tells everyone not to play the game lol... Do other things than play games all day and you'd probably be less miserable people :P  and don't say "I do other things than play games!" because most of you don't.. so don't go there :)

You don't mess around with billing and customers credit cards. Their billing system has been broke for a MONTH. You couldn't cancel your account online you had to go through a phone call or chat with CS online, then after doing that and getting the verification email stating would you asked was done , they change your subcription from cancelled back to auto renew and billed customers widepread.

You appreantly don't realize that's not a "slight issue". That's a sign of a company that is not well organized. Having biliing broke for an entire month and doing widespread unauthorized charges is NOT something people should have to deal with nor support.

So you don't mind bending over for companies and requiring approx 4 hours of your time to get something done that should take 30 secs , that's your choice.

I'd be miserable if I was such a pushover that put up with that treament , but good for you if you are happy being that way, I'm sure companies appreciate it.

They should have had biliing tested and fixed at launch , this is a month past and still not working , no way I'd recommend people give them their CC number and buy the game if they still cannot fix that aspect.

• madroxymadroxy Member Posts: 53

Considering that the problem just came to light when billing actually started, how are they supposed to know that would happen, maybe in smaller scale tests everything went fine.

Originally posted by madroxy

Considering that the problem just came to light when billing actually started, how are they supposed to know that would happen, maybe in smaller scale tests everything went fine.

Their ENTIRE billing system hasn't worked correctly since launch, you had to talk to CS to change / cancel / do anything  , that's the point , they can't get any aspect of it correct -

And then after going through the hassle of waiting in line to talk to a CS weeks ago , they fubar'd the whole thing again

Not having a functioning billing system that works online at launch to then have it get worse a month later is for me the sign of a company I don't want to do business with.

Again , you can think that having a non functioning billing system for over a month is acceptable , that unauthorized charges are acceptable , and that wasing hours of your own time dealing with it is no big deal , for me thats clear decision to not support said company.

Their billing problems started a month ago , they even had on their page that it wasnt working and you needed to call CS  then (which still didnt help obviously they couldnt get that correct) , a month later it still isn't , so this isn't a "new" problem.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

" The subscription overview cannot be loaded "

Just vov ,cant control my account / money.

better to start checking your accounts people,seriously.

Let's internet

• Dorko2kDorko2k Member Posts: 107

after 4.5 hours on hold for CS I finally got through. The good part of this whole situation is that their CS fixed the problem for me in less than 10 minutes & they were really reasonable. The bad part is that they still have my CC info & said that in order to have it removed they would have to escalate my issue to their "subsricption dept." & that it would take up to 72 hours for them to get back to me via email. I just called my bank since its a debit card & had them cancel my card & issue me another one because I really don't have that much faith in the people at Tera right now.

On their official forums they're saying that all of these billing/subscription issues have been resolved but I'm still seeing a couple of posts here & there from customers saying otherwise but of course those threads get locked/deleted pretty quickly.

I have no problem with the game other than it just didn't appeal to me(not enough open world pvp is my main gripe) & I have no problem with the devs or their company. I'm not one to bitch & moan about silly things like in game changes or class balancing but when you start fk'ing with peoples money, whether on purpose or due to incompetency, that's when myself & many others scream bloody murder. Yeah, $15 isn't a huge deal but the economy isn't exactly that strong right now & if they can't get something so fundamental as this then I don't want to be anywhere near that game or company. I'd be willing to bet they lost more than just a couple of customers yesterday over this fiasco. Lord knows I remember when the Mythic guys had a similar problem with Warhammer subs people rage quit pretty fast.

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

So yesterday after I saw this thread, I decided to check on my account. It said active at the time, but that it wasn't a recurring subscription. So, I thought nothing of it since it said my account sub would end today.

Woke up and had been charge $14.99. Thankfully after two hours of waiting for support, they did refund me the money.

Their cancellation system is most bizarre to begin with. No actual CANCEL button, instead just a tid bit about changing to a non-recurring plan. I hope they choose to redo their system at some point.

At least they have good support, even if you do have to wait a bit.

• LiltihiaLiltihia Member Posts: 19

Im pissed, I had to go hungry this morning and all most ran out of gas, becuase Tera charged my account and my bank blocked it and froze my card. I also canceled online with a rep 2 weeks ago.

Got to love going to MC donnals for some breakfest and being told your card is declined.

• Dorko2kDorko2k Member Posts: 107

just got my email from EME saying that they've removed my CC info from their site & I just checked the site & they did so that's good. The weird thing is that my subscription was set to expire June 2nd & the email they sent me says that my account has expired as of today, May 31st. Not that I care that much because I've canceled the sub but if anyone else is still playing you might want to double check your accounts to make sure they're not screwing you out of a couple days of play time.