Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We are muted, somehow.

MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

Try to bring back into discussion old threads absurdly hyping SWTOR -> locked.

Try to discuss MMORPG.COM unexplainable reviews -> locked

Ok they give us alternatives:

Start a new thread with a link to the hyping thread. It's not a bad alternative.

Discuss MMORPG.COM reviews in an obscure thread in an obscure forum where golems dwell. It's a bad alternative.

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Metentso
    Try to bring back into discussion old threads absurdly hyping SWTOR -> locked.Try to discuss MMORPG.COM unexplainable reviews -> lockedOk they give us alternatives:Start a new thread with a link to the hyping thread. It's not a bad alternative.Discuss MMORPG.COM reviews in an obscure thread in an obscure forum where golems dwell. It's a bad alternative.

Doesn't this qualify as discussing MMORPG's moderation policies?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

So....you make another one for them to lock?

Admittedly, I was typing a post for the "MMORPG.com's" fault thread when it got locked. It was good stuff, really. A bunch of overtightened tin-foil hats mostly, but still it was wasn't bad.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830
    Originally posted by Metentso

Try to bring back into discussion old threads absurdly hyping SWTOR -> locked.

Try to discuss MMORPG.COM unexplainable reviews -> locked

Ok they give us alternatives:

Start a new thread with a link to the hyping thread. It's not a bad alternative.

Discuss MMORPG.COM reviews in an obscure thread in an obscure forum where golems dwell. It's a bad alternative.

PM one of the moderators and they will respond with an answer about there policy.

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

Yes, I started the thread on over-hypeing ToR and it was locked this morning.  The thread was civil with both sides being represented, I still don't fully understand why Amanda locked the thread, I sent a civil message just asking for clarity and recieved no response...

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Digging up old posts to say "I was right, you were wrong" rarely ends up in an actual discussion. Its mostly just bickering and flame wars. Thats probably why they lock them.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

In before lock.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• quasi_deadquasi_dead Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by crysent

Yes, I started the thread on over-hypeing ToR and it was locked this morning.  The thread was civil with both sides being represented, I still don't fully understand why Amanda locked the thread, I sent a civil message just asking for clarity and recieved no response...

Because they don't want people to discuss that they knowingly plugged an appalling game?

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
    Originally posted by quasi_dead
    Originally posted by crysent

Because they don't want people to discuss that they knowingly plugged an appalling game?

Would be my guess.  And it hasn't ended, they still continously post articles over-hypeing every aspect of the game.  Anyway, this thread will be locked soon enough.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

This thread is off-topic. Locking it. 

In the threads in question, there are reasons for our actions, including a link to the proper forum for discussion of and suggestions to our editorial policy. This forum is for discussion of SWTOR.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.