Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF free game without game altering item mall

donsavagedonsavage Member Posts: 16

I am seeking a free to play game without huge item mall benefits as well as has open world. I would prefer somewhat realistic graphics (not wowish). Basically what i mean by "no huge item mall benefits" is games similar to Last Chaos or Perfect World. On Last Chaos players could make their characters critical hit 99.99% of the time, instantly heal, and get over 1200% exp per kill. On perfect world you could do the same (nearly).

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

A company that makes games needs to get paid or else they go out of business.  How do you propose that they should get paid?  Because you don't seem to want them to charge money for anything that matters.

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428

Aion

• Pin_CushionPin_Cushion Member UncommonPosts: 38

In Aion, the best thing you can get out of the item mall is grind reduction and appearance improvement.  Most of that stuff you can buy w/ in-game currency on their auction house as well.

It's a really well-designed FTP transition.

• donsavagedonsavage Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Quizzical

A company that makes games needs to get paid or else they go out of business.  How do you propose that they should get paid?  Because you don't seem to want them to charge money for anything that matters.

There is a difference between having an item mall and having a cash cow. I understand that companies need to be paid to develop the games. Some games however allow players who do pay to be nearly invincible compared to those who do not. Perfect world is a great example of this because you can buy an item that automatically fills their hp when it gets low. Some games such as Guild Wars is one time fee. These games are the ones i prefer the most, or games with appearance based item malls. I dont mind exp increase as long as it doesnt effect actual combat between players and is not over 250%

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by donsavage

There is a difference between having an item mall and having a cash cow. I understand that companies need to be paid to develop the games. Some games however allow players who do pay to be nearly invincible compared to those who do not. Perfect world is a great example of this because you can buy an item that automatically fills their hp when it gets low. Some games such as Guild Wars is one time fee. These games are the ones i prefer the most, or games with appearance based item malls. I dont mind exp increase as long as it doesnt effect actual combat between players and is not over 250%

There isn't a single cash shop MMO that has survived on just " deco items ".   Players don't purchase those items in large enough quantities for publishers to earn a profit.   What you are looking for doesn't exist.    At best you could probably hop from beta to beta. 

IMHO, the only way to enjoy a P2W mmo is to either pony up the cash, or find one that has game mechanics you like and just accept that you will never be playing on a level playing field.

• xdemonhunterxdemonhunter Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by thinktank001

There isn't a single cash shop MMO that has survived on just " deco items ".   Players don't purchase those items in large enough quantities for publishers to earn a profit.   What you are looking for doesn't exist.    At best you could probably hop from beta to beta. 

IMHO, the only way to enjoy a P2W mmo is to either pony up the cash, or find one that has game mechanics you like and just accept that you will never be playing on a level playing field.

Guess u read what he said and choose to ignore or didnt understand at all. He dosent mind games offering some advantages to the ones that are willing to pay he just dosent want games that do in such a way that it gets game breaking. Sure all games provide some sort of advantage with cash shop the issue here is how big it gets.

With that said i think ur best bet is to look for any new free mmorpg or any mmorpg that has recently gone free to play, from personal experience most games (the ones that survive) do not start as greed little bastards with huge cash shop advantages.They usually start slow with cosmetic stuff and wait till they built in a decent player base, after that they slowly turn the cash shop/game into a play to win scenario.So as long as u get any game that is relative new and is sucessfull u can avoid that for a while.Aion seems to be getting alot of attention u might wanna try that but dont kid urself eventually it will turn pay to win.

Originally posted by xdemonhunter

Guess u read what he said and choose to ignore or didnt understand at all. He dosent mind games offering some advantages to the ones that are willing to pay he just dosent want games that do in such a way that it gets game breaking. Sure all games provide some sort of advantage with cash shop the issue here is how big it gets.

With that said i think ur best bet is to look for any new free mmorpg or any mmorpg that has recently gone free to play, from personal experience most games (the ones that survive) do not start as greed little bastards with huge cash shop advantages.They usually start slow with cosmetic stuff and wait till they built in a decent player base, after that they slowly turn the cash shop/game into a play to win scenario.So as long as u get any game that is relative new and is sucessfull u can avoid that for a while.Aion seems to be getting alot of attention u might wanna try that but dont kid urself eventually it will turn pay to win.

Right now im actually downloading Star Trek Online. It seems to have very little difference between plantnum and silver members and if i get into it theres a life time platnum membership opinion (but its 300$). chances are though i'll just be playing it until Guild Wars 2 comes out. Gotta love the Guild Wars pricing. The one game that puts the other guys words to shame.

Another game im looking to see about is End of Nations http://endofnations.com i looked at their FAQ for payment option and their answer to it was "End of Nations™ is a free-to-play (F2P) game. We wanted to make it accessible to the most gamers everywhere, but it will NEVER be pay to win." although game devs and admins lie worse than politicians (or at least in my experiance)

• TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326

I don't mind Aion's cash shop at all but it's not so much an open world but multiple open zones.

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    Originally posted by donsavage

Maple Story