Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goonswarm: Hulkageddon Will Go On Indefinitely

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

It was announced today, by the Mittani, CEO of Goonswarm, former CSM chairman, that Hulkageddon will not end for the forciable future and that payouts to those that destroy mining barges, exhumers, orcas, etc, etc, will continue to be payed out to those pilots that get 10 kills.    To read more...go to the link provided below for offical announcement.

Goonswarm Federation: Sponsoring Emergent Gameplay!  <<< clicky

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Time for me to start mining again. There's some damn good money in it now.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• SlaverHoundSlaverHound Member Posts: 109

What happens when you have too many wolves and not enough sheep?

The people playing Jumpgate  know.

"Lectroids? Planet 10? Nuclear extortion? A girl named "John"?

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by SlaverHound

The people playing Jumpgate know.

Welcome to the sandbox.

You can thank the guys who ran to the forums and demanded that CCP step in and prevent people from doing this.  They only motivated an escellation. 

And believe it or not, it actually has an effect beyond just creating "moar tearz".

I wonder we would keep this up.  Not like it's driving the cost of any of my ships in hi-sec.

Oh wait, it is!  You have to keep in mind, pretty much every time a hulk is destroyed, at least one other ship is as well, that's two ships that need to be replaced almost every time a hulk goes down. 

While I don't pvp, because not all goons pvp, I do hope this goes on for some time. 

• BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478

I approve of this message.

:D

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Will be interesting to see what effect this has on the overall economy, perhaps this will finally drive more folks out into 0.0 where there's more protection from this.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Will be interesting to see what effect this has on the overall economy, perhaps this will finally drive more folks out into 0.0 where there's more protection from this.

I've seen a fair number of people moving back to battleship mining over barge mining. There's a loss of output and a gain of carpal tunnel syndrome, but at the tradeoff of being nearly impossible to gank.

Now with 57.3% more flames!

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

officially started as a reason to hunt bots, it has now turned into one massive grief parade.

Funny thing, it ends up having little impact on the economy (not as much as originally it had intended) and hurts more the casual player miner than the bots it was suppose to hurt the most.

Those guys running multi-bots with 3-6 accounts have WAY more than enough isk to afford losing a couple of ships. Some even have enough isk to buy protection, and they DO. Whereas the newb miner or economy warrior ends up losing his ships and has to struggle to ever fully recover.

Time to hike up prices on mining vessels.

• ShiftlessShiftless Member Posts: 41

Pretty sure the group that started it owns (owned?) at least one Hulk BPO.  The anti-bot hype was just hype.

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by pyrofreak
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I've seen a fair number of people moving back to battleship mining over barge mining. There's a loss of output and a gain of carpal tunnel syndrome, but at the tradeoff of being nearly impossible to gank.

Not impossible to gank, but a shit-ton more expensive.

Where's the any key?

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

I endorse this product and / or service.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• SlaverHoundSlaverHound Member Posts: 109
    Originally posted by Uhwop

Welcome to the sandbox.

You can thank the guys who ran to the forums and demanded that CCP step in and prevent people from doing this.  They only motivated an escellation. 

And believe it or not, it actually has an effect beyond just creating "moar tearz".

I wonder we would keep this up.  Not like it's driving the cost of any of my ships in hi-sec.

Oh wait, it is!  You have to keep in mind, pretty much every time a hulk is destroyed, at least one other ship is as well, that's two ships that need to be replaced almost every time a hulk goes down. 

While I don't pvp, because not all goons pvp, I do hope this goes on for some time. 

If you scare away the fish guess what you wont be having for supper?

It happened before in another game.

Be careful.

"Lectroids? Planet 10? Nuclear extortion? A girl named "John"?

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381

Welcome to the sandbox.

Be careful.

I think you are severely overestimating the potency of the goons.

• Salio69Salio69 Member CommonPosts: 428

people are already posting on the general eve forums that they are unsubbing. oh boy, those investors arent going to be to happy about that.

Originally posted by Salio69

people are already posting on the general eve forums that they are unsubbing. oh boy, those investors arent going to be to happy about that.

When are players not posting that they're unsubbing.  Put them on watch list and see how many of them follow through on their threats.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

To the miners who are complaining about this event...

What are you doing to help yourself?  Complaining on the forums or to CCP is useless (if anything it encourages them).  You're looking for somebody else to solve your problems.

Do you have hardners running?  Are you AFK or not watching local?  Are you mining in a system bordering low sec or with a sec status < 0.8?  Are you mining in a belt or an exploration site?  Have you considering moving to low sec or null sec?

There are many things you can do to reduce your chances of being a target and increase your chances of survival.  I'm betting most players don't want to do anything, they want CCP to protect them from the evil suicide gangs.

-- Herman Melville

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760
    Originally posted by Calfis

Welcome to the sandbox.

Be careful.

I think you're overestimating the grip this game has on high sec players.

Dude, they're writing up a bunch of manifestos and crap to inspire others to follow their lead, so it's not just the goons.

All I'm saying is fish are not a faucet you can turn on and off as you wish - once they leave the game they're gone.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Originally posted by dave6660

What are you doing to help yourself?  Complaining on the forums or to CCP is useless (if anything it encourages them).  You're looking for somebody else to solve your problems.

Do you have hardners running?  Are you AFK or not watching local?  Are you mining in a system bordering low sec or with a sec status < 0.8?  Are you mining in a belt or an exploration site?  Have you considering moving to low sec or null sec?

There are many things you can do to reduce your chances of being a target and increase your chances of survival.  I'm betting most players don't want to do anything, they want CCP to protect them from the evil suicide gangs.

I quit because of it.

[mod edit]

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Calfis

Welcome to the sandbox.

Be careful.

True.

Also overestimating the impact this will have on the playerbase as a whole.  It's not like this hasn't been going on for several years now.  People have gotten comfortable in hi-sec, thinking it's the place you go for concentual pvp.  This is just a bit of reeducation.

• LowcaianLowcaian Member Posts: 265

You are right that crying on the forums won't help. Personally I mine aligned and sometimes in sites but after careful consideration I have decided to just quietly take my business elsewhere.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

People start wearing wolfskin clothes?

Goons are running mining ops now. Strange days...

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Originally posted by Elsabolts

I quit because of it.

" Proud Member of GoonSquad "

People who quit EVE rather than accept the possibility that they can lose their ship if they're careless or foolhardy....

...have made the right decision.

Originally posted by Salio69

When are players not posting that they're unsubbing.  Put them on watch list and see how many of them follow through on their threats.

Amusingly enough, I just got a 2 week ban for calling someone out on that very thing. Over a month after she'd posted that she was letting her subs lapse because of Hulkageddon, she was still posting. I asked how come she hadn't unsubbed like she said she was going to.

Apparently calling people out on lies is "trolling".

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

As a miner myself, I hope CCP makes the Hulk more versatile when it comes to defence. I'd love to see that.

Because frankly, hardners don't cut it. Not by a long shot.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by Malcanis
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

I quit because of it.

" Proud Member of GoonSquad "

People who quit EVE rather than accept the possibility that they can lose their ship if they're careless or foolhardy....or are unwilling to fight for their right to pursue their goals

...have made the right decision.

Had to make a small addition to your catchphrase there.

I think what surprises people is that CCP really, truely believes that everyone should participate in some form in the PVP side of the game, and they are willing to lose certain subscribers in favor of creating a universe that supports those who embrace the concept.

I applaud them for sticking with this vision.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

The thing is, there are quite a lot of casuals in EVE, purely because it's the only space MMO that provides any bit that old Elite / Privateer sort of immersion... A good deal of those deal in mining / trading, just because PVP takes... well, quite some dedication in this game. Think about people who play about 10 hours a week, just for getting a bit of that "internet spaceship pilot" feel. 

So, yeah, there surely are things you can do to protect your one-person mining operation, again that takes... yeah, extra dedication. For the people already putting a lot of hours into this game, this may not seem like that much of a deal, but the casual miner who's in it just to be a space trucker a couple hours a night won't really be bothered. Simply because they'll feel it's not worth it.