Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List DayZ on MMORPG.com?

124»

Comments

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by Warmaker

Why not have DayZ listed in MMORPG.com?  Freaking Diablo 3 and its barely more than a handful group size for "multiplayer" gets warranted to be listed on this site.  Oh, I see how it works.  Since DayZ is a mod, the creator didn't fork out good money.  I get it now.

Not sure what you are getting at because it was one of the staff members of MMORPG.com that suggested adding DayZ to the list in the first place (MikeB). Diablo 3 didn't get added without one of these community polls as well after many forum members asked for it to be added so that had little to do with how much Blizzard pays for advertising either. Not everything in life has to be a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

Minecraft should be listed.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• wungunwungun Member Posts: 67
    I haven't played DayZ because I don't have Arma 2 yet. I'll try and get the game later though.
  • PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

I'd say list it...

It has a lot of the aspects in it that some of us vets would love to see in a new AAA mmorpg title, so ye, go for it.

The creator of the mod has announced a standalone version in the future, so at least until we get more info on that, then you can merge the DayZ and the standalone version forum.

As far as I'm concerned, ArmA is way more MMO than many of the new titles coming out.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

I would argue dayZ IS an mmo. Even moreso than half the games on the games list. It has PvE, PvP, loot, a persistant world and each patch more and more people are being allowed per server. Every MMO limits the amount of people per server. I think the amount they allow is perfect for the world size. So I ask, other than it not being a standalone game how is it NOT an MMORPG? Like I said, it has everything to qualify it as an MMORPG.

And before any of you argue there is no RPG element. I beg to differ. It has more of an RPG element than a ton of mmorpgs. It actually brings back an OLD rpg element in that players themselves are making the content so fun. Anti PK groups. PK groups. Small survivor communities....thats more RPG than a ton of games on the list.