Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Speculation: Guild Wars 2 Launch Window – Thanksgiving ?

RCP_utRCP_ut Member Posts: 263

Original link: http://www.guildwars2junkies.com/2012/05/25/speculation-guild-wars-2-launch-window-thanksgiving/

"Today we were made aware of a financial report put out by KDB Daewood Securities in regards to their future outlook of NCSoft. According to their speculation, they have confirmed that Guild Wars 2 will be released in the US and Europe before the Thanksgiving holiday.

We reiterate our Buy call on NCsoft with a target price of W510,000. We were able to confirm the company’s plans to launch Blade & Soul domestically in 1H and GuildWars 2 in the Us and Europe in 2H. … And we anticipate that Guild Wars 2 will be rolled out in the US and Europe before the Thanksgiving holiday.

These dates are not confirmed by Arenanet or NCSoft and all we have are these financial documents of this Korean based financial firm. Take them with a grain of salt. You can find the original document here.

These speculations match up with most prognosticators; even though there are rumors of an internal ongoing Beta Test, Arenanet has only completed one BWE that has only showcased three out of the five playable races, level capped of 30 out of 80, and the storyline quests are stopped early. We do know, from Arenanet, that the game will be launched this year. It is often speculated that this game will launch this fall and these reports match up with that guess."

If anet needs that time to improve the game in whatever they think improvement is needed, im ok with it. I dont want them rushing anything, but as someone who really liked the BWE i would prefer to play it before that ofc :).

Thats only speculation, lets hope we wont need to wait till then...

Comments

• RCP_utRCP_ut Member Posts: 263

Deleted.

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647

I'm predicting September or October for release. I don't think it'll release after Oct 30th, unless it's right around thanksgiving, as they would then have to compete with AC3 and Black Ops 2 for sales. And yes, regardless of whether they are in the same genre or not, they will have to compete for sales. 

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    September or October. Anything later and all those who pre-purchased will start commuting crimes.
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Speculators speculating, nothing more. It's all guesswork.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

I had hoped for a June release with another beta this weekend.  That's not going to happen, so now I just don't know about a release date.

Hopefully not too much longer

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

I hope they show us Sylvari/Asura in a BWE before the release so we can test and report any errors in their zones....

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Originally posted by seridan

I hope they show us Sylvari/Asura in a BWE before the release so we can test and report any errors in their zones....

There are several betas going on at once, including in-house betas that are testing areas people during the BWE can't access yet. BWE's are stress tests primarily, and fixing bugs that arise due to lag and population. We're not really the "main" bug-finding force. The areas we're testing are, for the most part, already done.

A Thanksgiving launch is so very far, I was hoping for something more August/September. It would give me an excuse to ignore my crazy family over the holiday, though.

Not that I need one.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

Their financial estimate is to launch PRIOR to Thanksgiving, so that's not a seculated launch window.  Anytime between in that speculated launch window.   And, to put that into further estimate, Q#3 for NCSoft (owning company of Arena.net) is July, August, and September.  If they want to see any profit to report this year out of the game, they'd launch it Q3 so that it's reports come in at the end of September, rather than Q4, which reports don't come in until Jan 2013.    Q2 seems to be out of the question unless Arena.net actually announces the game to launch sometime in June, which by tell of their "testing" and their "when it's done" attitude, doesn't seem likely.

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503
    Originally posted by loeslein
    September or October. Anything later and all those who pre-purchased will start commuting crimes.

As in "i ll exchange 4 crimes of arson for 3 of assault and one parking ticket".

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by freston
    Originally posted by loeslein

As in "i ll exchange 4 crimes of arson for 3 of assault and one parking ticket".

lol, i'm not even to going to edit that.  that was funny. 

It could also be as in "The beta tester road raged while stuck in traffic, hijacked a city bus, and then assaulted several passengers on the regional rail."

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

I think all these theories and predictions do is to make us even more anxious. We should let it slide and try to avoid this psychotic fixation on release dates =)

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

I doubt they want to compete with WoW:MoP for their release, so my guess is "when ready", but also "as soon as possible".

WoW expansions typically release in November/December, ANet will want to release before that.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

I doubt they want to compete with WoW:MoP for their release, so my guess is "when ready", but also "as soon as possible".

WoW expansions typically release in November/December, ANet will want to release before that.

^This. even though i hate wow, people wil buy the shit out of Mop so it's probably best to release gw2 a couple of months before mop's release date. My prediction is still september.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

That analyst's report doesn't present anything more than a guess. If you look through the report, they don't get Blade & Soul's release date right, (it's releasing in July, not the first half of 2012) and they don't show GW2 producing any revenue until Q4, which we know is wrong, because Arenanet have already pre-sold some where between 300,000 and 500,000 copies. If they can't get the release date of B&S right and don't even know that GW2 is already producing revenue, then the report is as worthless for predicting a release date as it is at providing full and accurate information to investors.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• StrangeEyesStrangeEyes Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by bookworm438

I'm predicting September or October for release. I don't think it'll release after Oct 30th, unless it's right around thanksgiving, as they would then have to compete with AC3 and Black Ops 2 for sales. And yes, regardless of whether they are in the same genre or not, they will have to compete for sales. 

I realy don't think that most mmo's player would skip GW2 for a console game or a console fps game.

I think (and hope) that GW2 is so polished and good that it don't matter when it will be released a good game ALWAYS sells nomatter what.

CPU:Intel Core i7-3770K 4GHz
    GPU:ASUS HD 7970 DirectCU II TOP
    MB:ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE
    Case:Cooler Master HAF X
    RAM:Corsair 16GB 1600
    PSU:Corsair gold 850
    HD:SSD OCZ 256 GB vertex4

• WolfynsongWolfynsong Member Posts: 237
    Originally posted by StrangeEyes
    Originally posted by bookworm438

I realy don't think that most mmo's player would skip GW2 for a console game or a console fps game.

I think (and hope) that GW2 is so polished and good that it don't matter when it will be released a good game ALWAYS sells nomatter what.

Ah, but the trouble is the non-MMO-player market.  ArenaNet is targeting them as well - it's the game for people who hate MMO's, after all.

Also, what is good is unfortunately not always what sells.  Take, for instance, Twilight, 50 Shades of Grey, Call of Duty (all of them), et al.

All of that said, my personal thought is that a September/October release is feasible, but a Thanksgiving/Black Friday release wouldn't surprise me.  However, whatever the date, I'm sure ArenaNet and NCSoft will make sure that nothing else is releasing that week (if at all possible).  It would suck to have such a momentuous release be overshadowed by the same old.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer
    Originally posted by seridan
    A Thanksgiving launch is so very far, I was hoping for something more August/September. It would give me an excuse to ignore my crazy family over the holiday, though.

Not that I need one.

gaeanprayer, i like the way you think image

i do think Thanksgiving is about the best reasonable date i have heard. i understand the quarterly report stuff. but we shall see.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707

GW2 will not release about 9 months or later after closed beta has begun (~15th December). It will be released much earlier and you won't see much more in the upcoming BWEs than in the first one. They don't need you (the players) to test every inch of the game world. That's what they got core beta testers and inhouse testers (QA) for.

They showed us the most important parts of the game to get feedback on major parts of gameplay. If things go smoothly in the next BWE and players don't report too many bugs or provide that many useful suggestions, it will be released by July.

• NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334

I claim September.

June, July and maybe early August for BWEs.

• Comcast8888Comcast8888 Member UncommonPosts: 10

thats a long wait.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wetterfreewetterfree Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by cinos
    Originally posted by Comcast8888

thats a long wait.

Considering how long we've waited already, 6ish months is hardly anytime at all. :P

true enough.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

I've been thinking late Q3, early Q4 for quite a while now. I can wait for it. I will wait for it provide the world doesn't end before it releases. The year of the Dragon could even be early 2013, but what the heck, ironing out something here and there, a bit more polish here, add something there. My current game is keeping me busy enough. GW2 will be released when it's ready.

imageimage
  • IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707

Judging from their last blog post (http://www.arena.net/blog/announcing-the-next-guild-wars-2-beta-weekend) the game could be very close to release, if they have fixed most of the issues reported in the last BWE. Since you won't be able to progress further in the story or the world, chances are very slim anyone outside of the core beta testers will ever see content beyond what's already known for testing.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Mid to late July.

I think this BWE June 8th will be the last before headstart.

July 17th launch in NA, July 18th in Europe (I think ya'll generally have releases on Wednesdays where as we do Tuesdays in the States)