Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mmorpg bans people regardless??

xeninhuxeninhu Member Posts: 6

[mod edit ]

HOW IS THIS TROLLING AND GETS U BANNED ? I dont care if you ban me again but people must fight these admins , are they retarded ?

Just because i think 2 weeks is not enought to fix TSW.

And i actually am one of the people that bought TSW

Comments

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

They can be really tough at times, but I guess it keeps the site from getting out of hand.

• xeninhuxeninhu Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

The can be really tough at times, but I guess it keeps the site from getting out of hand.

seriusly but most of people that are troll gods aren´t banned why is that.

At the beginning i got some warning and after i saw some stuff i posted i agree it could be seen as a  kind of trolling but not this and other warnings i got  and before seriusly wtf lol.

• MyskMysk Member Posts: 982

The mods here are one of the reasons why I stopped posting for so long.  Anyone can report a post, and this leads to either a warning or a temp ban.  I've used this site since 2003, that's like 9 years, and I see little difference between an automated system and the mods.

It's very easy to abuse.  You probably got on the nerves of some fanboi, who reported you and thus got you temp banned.

Originally posted by Mysk

The mods here are one of the reasons why I stopped posting for so long.  Anyone can report a post, and this leads to either a warning or a temp ban.  I've used this site since 2003, that's like 9 years, and I see little difference between an automated system and the mods.

It's very easy to abuse.  You probably got on the nerves of some fanboi, who reported you and thus got you temp banned.

actually my account was banned

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    Originally posted by xeninhu

The can be really tough at times, but I guess it keeps the site from getting out of hand.

seriusly but most of people that are troll gods aren´t banned why is that i got some warning and after i saw some stuff i posted at the begining i agree they were kind of trolling but not this and other warning i got seriusly wtf lol.

Yea, I've been temp banned more times than I can count due to overzealous mods thinkin that they're power tripping Gods.

However, your post that you were temp banned for did seem SLIGHTLY off-handed trollish. Ban worthy? No, maybe a "Warning", but even then that's a little iffy.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Span: 05/26/2012 - 05/28/2012 23:59:59 [3 days]

^

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

seriusly but most of people that are troll gods aren´t banned why is that i got some warning and after i saw some stuff i posted at the begining i agree they were kind of trolling but not this and other warning i got seriusly wtf lol.

Yea, I've been temp banned more times than I can count due to overzealous mods thinkin that they're power tripping Gods.

However, your post that you were temp banned for did seem SLIGHTLY off-handed trollish. Ban worthy? MAYBE a "Warning", but even then that's a little iffy.

the post was not trolling it was a opinion in this website you say ur opinion u get banned simply as that, mods suck.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

If someone is posting a lie, dont call them on it.  That gets you a one week ban.

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Span: 05/26/2012 - 05/28/2012 23:59:59 [3 days]

i got 2 warnings at the begining it was ok i agree it was kind of trollish then i started get warning just for commenting stuff giving my opinion and now this lol, wever im out of this.

• MyskMysk Member Posts: 982

Yeah.  The message in your OP says that you were issued a temp ban by one of the mods.  What I'm saying is that this probably resulted from a fanboi reporting your post as trolling, and the mods just kind of click through and punish the posters based on the complaints, and not so much based on the content of the post.

I'm not surprised that happened to you.  Like I said, I've used this site for nine years and I've seen this happen quite a lot, though generally with warnings more often than bannings.

Mods = robots controlled by the Report function.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

So what...? come back when they perma-ban you.. then you have something to compain about. 

This have been a good conversation

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Mmorpg.com's moderators are often behaving weird, and do things that's hard to understand.

One of my posts was edited by a mod, and the only thing he did, was adding a "imo". I made a short comment to that, calling it weird, and apologized for an off-topic post. And what happened? The reply got deleted, and I was issued a warning.

Also, I once quoted a post, and added a comment. A little later the post was gone, and I got a mail - issued a warning. But this time, I complained, and they actually removed the warning from my history, at least the mail said that. But the idiotic part, was that their mail also said they've reacted to the wrong post...

I really like this site, but the moderators here doesn't impress me at all.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

If you want to give feedback or even appeal an infraction from the mod team, please contact MikeB at [email protected] . The forums are not the right place to handle this.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.