Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LucasArts & Spike To Unveil New SW Game Franchise

Comments

• Bushi13Bushi13 Member Posts: 123

SWTOR did  pretty much blow the star wars IP out of the water.

Star wars has been good, but i think wil never ever be again, the old cow is milked to death already.

Lucas said he was done with it already, he stopped and retired.

The rest is done by a bunch a kids developping for some adult that finance with dollard sign in the eyes.

Diablow 3, it sucks ...

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by gilgamesh42

starwars cant take another failure if it keeps going it will become a joke among jokes

I cant imagine anything worse than the kinect game.  that has to be rock bottom.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Battlefrontish, fpsish is my guess.  Might be called a different name, but it will battlefront.  multiplayer.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 3, or SW: JK V?  More likely it will be a tie in to CN's The Clone Wars series.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Originally posted by Czanrei

I am surprised no one recalls that it was already leaked that there were hints and a couple screens of a current Star Wars Battlefront being worked on. I am betting the news will be something like a Star Wars: Battlefront Online version of CoD or MW.

You're forgetting the interiview the dev team gave explaining how Lucasarts basically shafted them and canned it to cut costs.

• dronfwardronfwar Member Posts: 316

Originally posted by DeaconX

"I can't wait to introduce our viewers to this game and show off the footage that left my jaw on the floor when I first saw it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMmVg5jnXYc

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    Originally posted by Kabaal

I am surprised no one recalls that it was already leaked that there were hints and a couple screens of a current Star Wars Battlefront being worked on. I am betting the news will be something like a Star Wars: Battlefront Online version of CoD or MW.

You're forgetting the interiview the dev team gave explaining how Lucasarts basically shafted them and canned it to cut costs.

You mean this one ?http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/351297/Free-Radical-Founders-Tell-Story-of-Battlefront-3s-Demise.html
     And this lovely video mocking Lucastarts? an internal video

• UOvetUOvet Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by kartool

If only they'd make another Jedi Knight games, or perhaps a new X-Wing or Tie Fighter game. Instead we'll get Greedo's Pet Shop and it will be a console exclusive.

Yes! Jedi Knight! Amazing game, would be even better with suped up graphics and more players per server. Good times. The game could work for consoles no problem I think, but I'd be playing PC. I think they could make a ton of money on consoles though, they've never really had a game like that I don't think.

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894

It's probably a MMO that focuses entirely on the Gungans of Naboo with special features like over 60 hours of narration and voice-overs done by Ahmed Best, the voice of Jar Jar Binks.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246
    Originally posted by firefly2003
    Originally posted by Kabaal

You mean this one ?http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/351297/Free-Radical-Founders-Tell-Story-of-Battlefront-3s-Demise.html
     And this lovely video mocking Lucastarts? an internal video

Lucasarts has been a worthless publisher for more than 10 years now.  Gone are its glory days of the 1990s when the recognizeable Lucasarts game boxes meant quality.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

Ooo! Maybe they're revealing more details about that MMO they announced back in 2008!

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Star Wars: Pokemon?

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by Slampig
    Originally posted by Uhwop
    Originally posted by DeaconX

Linky: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-25-new-star-wars-franchise-to-be-unveiled-next-week

"I am blown away by both the caliber of the team on this project and their bold vision for this new 'Star Wars' title," teased Spike host Geoff Keighley.

"I can't wait to introduce our viewers to this game and show off the footage that left my jaw on the floor when I first saw it."

Spike TV has the scoop and plans to go public with more information next Thursday in its GTTV show.

It really is amazing.  For a guy who spent so much time raging against the corporatization of the movie industry and expressing his dislike for large corporations, Lucas sure has become one hell of a pimp.

This guy stopped caring about how good a product with the SW name is many, many years ago, when he realized people will flock to buy anything with the name starwars on it. 

I mean, this is a guy that pachaged himself as a starwars figure and people bought the hell out of it. 

Whatever it is it could literally be his crap in a box and people will be happy they spent money on it.  I love starwars fans.  Keep it up guys.

I have no idea why I quoted the OP, but I did.

Awesome, done with the rant? Talk all you want about him, he has been nothing but an innovator..BECAUSE he is so hands on. THX, yeah, one of the reasons movies sound so good, ... Motion capture, yeah, kind of came up with the first steps, you know, putting the cameras on rails that were programmed into a computer and they could do take after take..., ILM, do I really need to say more about that? And Pixar...

He might suck making movies these days, but the guy is a full on innovator, because you got butthurt about a video game? His legacy will trump your bruised behind... That simple.

Okay, I'm going to stop you right here. Lucas had NOTHING to do with any of the things you mentioned. Those were all the innovations of John Dykstra (whom Lucas later screwed over, BTW) and the other folks at ILM, the only thing Lucas did in regards to the special effects innovations was to secure funding. Give proper credit where it's due, please.

Lucas himself is a hack filmmaker who got lucky. Don't believe me? Go watch Episodes 1-3, or the 'Special Editions' of the original trilogy. The man used up any good will he earned from creating the SW IP a long time ago.

• KushmasterKushmaster Member Posts: 47

The only SW game there needs to be right now is BATTLEFRONT 3.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by teakbois

maybe its more of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OnDizZ7UT0

this movie almost made me pee my pants from laughing......i didnt know this game excisted.....lolz.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

We know its based on Boba Fett there has been speculation that its based around the Live Action Tv Series :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Underworld

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246
    Originally posted by Distopia

I'm thinking it's this..http://www.gamespot.com/news/lucasarts-hiring-for-open-world-rpg-6330664

"Open World" and Lucasarts are oxymorons.  The two cannot exist together.  They were one of the factors killing SWG, an open world MMORPG.  And I'm confident they pushed or liked the direction SWTOR went with implementing heavily divided game worlds that let you do so little in them.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Following the success of Kinect Star Wars, I predict the new game will be...Dance Dance Star Wars Revolution!!!!.. :)

Which will be coming alongside the release of the new super extra special edition of the star wars movies where all the John Williams soundtrack is replaced by hip hop as George Lucas meant it to be all along but didn't have the technology to do until now.. :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

Theyre definately going to target the younger crowd (aka farmville). They dont care about old people/original StarWars fans.

• letsxhatletsxhat Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by L0C0Man

Following the success of Kinect Star Wars, I predict the new game will be...Dance Dance Star Wars Revolution!!!!.. :)

Which will be coming alongside the release of the new super extra special edition of the star wars movies where all the John Williams soundtrack is replaced by hip hop as George Lucas meant it to be all along but didn't have the technology to do until now.. :)

Take my money!!?#!

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

OK my turn to guess. I'm going to guess along the lines of the Muppet Babies except it's going to be SW Babies and will be a nintendo exclusive.

God I hope not. I have little faith left in the franchise I used to love so much. Hopefully it will be a big kid title and kick ass. I'd love to see a modern version of x-wing or tie fighter.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Warmaker
    Originally posted by Distopia

I'm thinking it's this..http://www.gamespot.com/news/lucasarts-hiring-for-open-world-rpg-6330664

"Open World" and Lucasarts are oxymorons.  The two cannot exist together.  They were one of the factors killing SWG, an open world MMORPG.  And I'm confident they pushed or liked the direction SWTOR went with implementing heavily divided game worlds that let you do so little in them.

Be that as it may doesn't change that's what they were hiring for, I think a lot of companies have been looking at open world designs lately, and coming off the success of Skyrim, I expect it to continue to be an approach that will only grow in popularity.

You're also speaking in MMO terms, a much more risky business endeavor. The game I linked looked to be single-player. Open world gaming is becoming fairly popular on consoles, mostly due to games like Assassins Creed, TES, GTA etc...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson