Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Gaming monitor 23 to 24 inches ?? to buy

2»

Comments

• UOvetUOvet Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by seniorfrito
    Originally posted by Kinchyle

Don't forget about LCD TVs now days. Got a friend who watches hockey while playing games on a 48" (or more) TV. I know you don't one that big, but I found a small one at a yard sale that works better than most monitors. It was around 22"

This.  I play everything on a 42" Sony Bravia LCD TV.  It's literally my computer monitor.  And every time I go to work and am stuck behind a tiny LCD that isn't even wide aspect, I often wonder how I got by previously.

That doesn't kill you? I have an extra 40 or 42 inch Bravia myself that was going to put somewhere. This doesn't kill your eyes for a gaming monitor, and the resolution and stuff is all legit? I watched my buddy play D3 on his Samsung 46, it looked fine, but it definetely looked better on the monitor I'd say.

I'm thinking a 32 inch might be ok..

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

My standard Monitor take:

Go look at them.

Do not believe ~any~ of the marketing numbers. Response Time, contrast ratio, etc - all of these are made up. They don't mean anything. There is no standard for these numbers, and different manufacturers take advantage of this to make their product look "better" than the next, even if it has the exact same screen.

So go look at them. The only judge is you - if you think it looks good, it looks good. "Fast" pixel response time is mostly a made up number that doesn't have any real impact. If one monitor looks better, then it looks better, regardless of what numbers it has printed on the box.

In your range (1080p with HDMI), the market is saturated, and you can easily find a monitor that will fit your criteria. But I would definitely not get hung up on the sticker numbers (such as response time), those are all marketing BS.

• aegolinaegolin Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Originally posted by Ridelynn

My standard Monitor take:

Go look at them.

Do not believe ~any~ of the marketing numbers. Response Time, contrast ratio, etc - all of these are made up. They don't mean anything. There is no standard for these numbers, and different manufacturers take advantage of this to make their product look "better" than the next, even if it has the exact same screen.

So go look at them. The only judge is you - if you think it looks good, it looks good. "Fast" pixel response time is mostly a made up number that doesn't have any real impact. If one monitor looks better, then it looks better, regardless of what numbers it has printed on the box.

In your range (1080p with HDMI), the market is saturated, and you can easily find a monitor that will fit your criteria. But I would definitely not get hung up on the sticker numbers (such as response time), those are all marketing BS.

Right on the spot. Get the Ultrasharp, best color accuracy, black levels, all around IPS matrix for the price.

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686

Best 24 inch monitor I have had the pleasure of using is by far the Dell U2412m. No stupid glossy coating. Proper 16:10 aspect ratio (1920x1200). Decent connectivity but no HDMI option, it does have Display Port though so it's not too bad.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5550/dell-u2412m-16-10-ips-without-breaking-the-bank

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2412m.htm

I was looking at monitors recently as I was contemplating upgrading from my 3 Dell 2209WA's and I decided that if I was going to go through with it it would be three of those. I've put that off for now though and I'm sure by the time I do go for the upgrade there will be newer monitors with super thin bezels etc for me to paly around with.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

In the next days, I intend to buy BenQ GL2440HM, or BenQ GL2450. From what I have read so far, it seems to be a good aquisition.

Anyone could advise me? It's a good choice, a bad one? Also, is the difference from 2ms to 5ms that big??

Thank you in advance.

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009255

Have a couple of these, work great - awesome contrast and color.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4