Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please do not destroy Elder Srolls with crappy [mod edit] graphic and combat system!

palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Where is this going?? Now we will have same guild wars2 graphic and combat syastem in Oblivion online. That game looks not like Skyrim at all and not even as second part of Elder saga, it is more like guild wars 2 clone. [mod edit]. It has huge potential and his own lore.

Comments

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

You need a serious art class of some kind if you think this looks anything like GW2.

Some people just don't have an eye for this stuff i suppose.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651
    Originally posted by Alders

You need a serious art class of some kind if you think this looks anything like GW2.

Some people just don't have an eye for this stuff i suppose.

Ok it looks little better but not to much.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Quick. Wrap it around you!

i.e. don't think naming particular games will help this discussion. Let's just hope they won't make it a cookie cutter themepark mmorpg of which so many already bored us to death. But so far it looks like they are on track to do just that, sadly.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by palulalula

Where is this going?? Now we will have same guild wars2 graphic and combat syastem in Oblivion online. That game looks not like Skyrim at all and not even as second part of Elder saga, it is more like guild wars 2 clone. [od edit] It has huge potential and his own lore.

A, it doesn't look like Guild Wars. Though I'm not thrilled with their art design from what I'm seeing.

B, they are not going to redo the combat system. So, if they are going to do a skill/tab targetting game, this is the preffered way to do it in my opinion.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    It looks better than gw2

Meaningfull pvp system
    Better lore
    Return of open dungeons to mmos
    3 separate pve paths / areas rather than cheap solution of sharing pve (e.g. gw2, tsw)
    Better crafting
    Originally posted by DarkPony

i.e. don't think naming particular games will help this discussion. Let's just hope they won't make it a cookie cutter themepark mmorpg of which so many already bored us to death. But so far it looks like they are on track to do just that, sadly.

It is just my opinion and it looks to me that Elder is going in to direction of gw

No no no, its not like swtor, it has an ability bar so its obviously a wow clone. Quick fetch the torches and pitchforks.
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797
    Originally posted by gladosrev2

Where is this going?? Now we will have same guild wars2 graphic and combat syastem in Oblivion online. That game looks not like Skyrim at all and not even as second part of Elder saga, it is more like guild wars 2 clone. [mod edit]. It has huge potential and his own lore.

[mod edit]

That's what I thought too. Further, you can't expect a smooth running MMORPG with Skyrim art, and include much else in the game. I actually think their art is what I'd want or expect.

It's the game design that I have a problem with, not the art.

Once upon a time....

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    It looks better than gw2

Meaningfull pvp system
    Better lore
    Return of open dungeons to mmos
    3 separate pve paths / areas rather than cheap solution of sharing pve (e.g. gw2, tsw)
    Better crafting

By meaningngful pvp you mean that the person that contributes the most gets the title of ruler for bragging rights?  That's all they've said so far about PvP.  The person on the winning faction side that contributes most will get a title that says ruler, but can't do anything as ruler, and that it's just for "bragging rights". 

Better lore?  They've said, "well, we hope that the guys at bethesda will consider it canon one day".  The lore isn't even official lore recognized by bethesda.  How do you know it's better? 

Open dungeons?  You mean like a public quest zone, set in an enviroment that resembles a dungeon?  That's all we know so far, that'll it'll be a place were people can kill things together, just like a public quest or event in GW2/ Rift, and that it'll take place inside a non-instanced area that is a "dungeon". 

3 seperat pve paths?  That's awesome, nothing I love more then a persistant world with structured and restricted questing; in a game baed on a series that has given me unparallelled freedom for well over a decade.

Better crafting?  They haven't said anything about crafting other then there is crafting.  How is it better?  Unless crafted items are the best items in the game, and their is a system of item decay or loss that supports crafting and ultimately an ecomomy, it won't matter what the crafting system is or how deep a mechanic they use, it'll be as meaningful as any other themepark mmo that requires you to PvE in order to get a monster to drop the best item in the game.  In otherwords It'll probably be just like every other MMO, and act like an ancillary ability that you use to fill gaps in gear while you level, untill you reach endgame and start raiding or pvping to earn tokens to buy the best crap in the game; pointless.

PS:  I love the way you keep using he pitchfork comment and deriding anyone that doesn't like what they hear as jumping on the wow clone bandwagon, yet everytime you post you effectively state that the game will be great just because it's ES.  Keep up the good work, you're exactly the consumer they're aiming for.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

If anything it looks like The Old Republic because both use the Hero Engine.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Please don't turn this into a game versus game argument thread. The discussion itself is fine if it's civil.  I've edited the title and post to be less inflammatory.  Try not to let things get out of hand.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• vee41vee41 Member Posts: 191
    Wow, GW2 is not even released and alreacy getting cloned! :D
  • redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

LOL thats funny like cloning guild wars 2 would be a bad thing, if it's true then you should be happy it's not going to be another WOW clone cuase like we could also use a few more of them, as for the way it looks I belive there using the Hero engine so I guess it would look more like Champions onlne.

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

Flammeable topic is flammeable.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Chopsticks
    Originally posted by StriderXed

Please do not destroy this game with copying some mediocre game like gw2.

I agree. GW2 is a terrible mediocre unlaunched game. ArenaNet needs to really try and make a game for the players. You know. Something not like every other mmorpg out there. A game where swinging a sword...and then swinging it again...and again actually matters. /sarcasm

Hey op you might be able to help me. Since gw2 is mediocre, that means there are already mmorpgs out there just like gw2!? This is AWESOME news! Now can you please recommend me the other mmos that are exactely like gw2 (WvW,combat,dynamic events the whole mothafcking shabang) I'll play the heck out of that while waiting for the next BWE.

look up trion worlds, the game is called RIFT, it's not as shiny, but it has all that you're looking for.

lol, Rift. Not even remotely close to GW2. WoW with... well, a rift every now and then. One minor feature three steps down the evolutionary ladder doesn't make the game a precursor to GW2.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• WolfynsongWolfynsong Member Posts: 237

I'm moderately curious about this.  When you say Guild Wars 2 graphics are crappy, are you referring to them being low-poly, or are you saying you don't like the style?

What I mean is that poly-count isn't everything.  Art style and direction is the larger part of making a game look good, since it determines where and how those polys are used - it creates cohesiveness, as it were.

The reason I ask is because I personally think the game looks quite nice (on higher settings anyway).

Oh, and on a side note, I find the phrase "Guild Wars 2 clone" hilarious, if only because of all the haters still saying the game will fail for reasons X, Y, or Z.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Chopsticks
    Originally posted by StriderXed

I agree. GW2 is a terrible mediocre unlaunched game. ArenaNet needs to really try and make a game for the players. You know. Something not like every other mmorpg out there. A game where swinging a sword...and then swinging it again...and again actually matters. /sarcasm

Hey op you might be able to help me. Since gw2 is mediocre, that means there are already mmorpgs out there just like gw2!? This is AWESOME news! Now can you please recommend me the other mmos that are exactely like gw2 (WvW,combat,dynamic events the whole mothafcking shabang) I'll play the heck out of that while waiting for the next BWE.

look up trion worlds, the game is called RIFT, it's not as shiny, but it has all that you're looking for.

Rift ain´t a bad game or anything, but it´s DEs are a joke and the combat is rather average. Great hard working devs, lotsa customization and good party dynamics, but it still ain´t nothing close to GW2. Interesting that they add 3 faction PvP though, even if they did decide to add it suspiciously close after the first GW2 BWE.

Rift is a good game and it have a lot of the things GW2 have, but GW2 does them a lot better. You should give it a try in the open beta, you might be surprised.

All that is no real reason to flame ESO. People here have been whining about a new DaoC for years, and finally is someone doing something similar... I do think Zenimax made a mistake and should have created a completely new setting instead of using Tes because frankly does the setting not mix with the mechanics.

Still, ESO deserves a chanse to prove itself like any other game, Rift, GW2 or TSW. Just crapping on it because it use the Heroengine or ain´t what you personally hoped for isn´t fair at least until we have tried it a little. 

• LarsaLarsa Member Posts: 990
    Originally posted by Amana

Please don't turn this into a game versus game argument thread. ...

Won't happen. On the second page nobody will talk about TESO anymore but only about that other game. :)

I maintain this List of Sandbox MMORPGs. Please post or send PM for corrections and suggestions.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by DarkPony

Yea pretty much.  Cookie Cutter Themepark with just a smidgen of 3 faction PvP inside a very small PvP zone.  Sad that a game developer would actually think to make a Elder Scrolls MMO and not implement most of the things that make an Elder Scrolls sRPG so good and popular.  Ohh who am I too know, I am only a consumer.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Originally posted by Amana

Please don't turn this into a game versus game argument thread. The discussion itself is fine if it's civil.  I've edited the title and post to be less inflammatory.  Try not to let things get out of hand.

Ok, sorry :)

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

You'd prefer it to be a MO/DF clone? -If so, you might want inject some quality in there somewhere.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

Apparently skyrim has ffa pvp just like mo and df.
  • QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

Someone needs to analyze the game and see that there's no way you can make a "Skyrim but MMO". Same childish philosophy as "Lets put missiles on it". ... Give me a break.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Apparently skyrim has ffa pvp just like mo and df.

Apparently you are unable to make a post that's worth a shit.

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363
    Originally posted by Amaranthar
    Originally posted by gladosrev2

[mod edit]

That's what I thought too. Further, you can't expect a smooth running MMORPG with Skyrim art, and include much else in the game. I actually think their art is what I'd want or expect.

It's the game design that I have a problem with, not the art.

I call BS on this.  Where do people get the idea that Skyrim is graphically demanding.  5 year old cards will run this thing with almost no difficulty.  It's DX9 for crying out loud.

I happen to like the "big picture" of the Skyrim world, but the idea that this is a graphically demanding game and that this would impact MMO development..... don't buy it.

We don't need a CRYSIS style MMO graphics with an Unreal 4 engine that looks to make your system its b***h.  But I really can't sign onto the idea that MMOs must have minimialist graphics, looking no more better or detailed than they were almost 10 years ago.