Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TSW delayed till 3rd of July, Headstart 29th of June

Comments

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by dimasok
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    The only thing wrong with the combat is the animations, the underlying combat system is sound. another thing they could do is change the crucible so that you pick two weapeons.

I like the slow flow. I don't want it to get wowified with having players go hubs and pick up a shopping list of quests.

To me it feels like another SWTOR (aka SP Kotor 3) But with a silent deadbeat protagonist, empty environments and dead servers where no one wants to team up and chat is dead. Judging from the beta events its a SP game that will go f2P in no time

nothing like swtor..this game makes u feel creeped out whereas swtor makes you feel your playing WOW..and the chat was more than active..apart from first beta..but i think everyone was just so into what they were doing,including me.i was more trying to understand the mechanics in the first beta so i was like most,very quiet.

• dimasokdimasok Member UncommonPosts: 183
    Originally posted by kevjards

The only thing wrong with the combat is the animations, the underlying combat system is sound. another thing they could do is change the crucible so that you pick two weapeons.

I like the slow flow. I don't want it to get wowified with having players go hubs and pick up a shopping list of quests.

To me it feels like another SWTOR (aka SP Kotor 3) But with a silent deadbeat protagonist, empty environments and dead servers where no one wants to team up and chat is dead. Judging from the beta events its a SP game that will go f2P in no time

nothing like swtor..this game makes u feel creeped out whereas swtor makes you feel your playing WOW..and the chat was more than active..apart from first beta..but i think everyone was just so into what they were doing,including me.i was more trying to understand the mechanics in the first beta so i was like most,very quiet.

If i want a quiet game i can play a SP game. MMOs should be lively. Hell even SWTOR has way more talk even though its DEAD too.
  • ChopsticksChopsticks Member Posts: 120

ok i pre-ordered this game..and what concerns me is they are going to spend more on advertising the game..the thing that concerns me is that maybe they dont have enough in the way of pre orders and are not happy.if its not polish and advertising,why the delay?i mean if the game is ok for release,why not release..it does not stop them from advertising..just curious

Yeah, As good as the beta client is, the only reason I could see is to get more PvP testing done. Closed beta is a small group ( I would guess) . It's tough to get the pacing for pvp with a small  group. A place like the temple needs 50v50v50+ to get a good feel. 

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

If i want a quiet game i can play a SP game. MMOs should be lively. Hell even SWTOR has way more talk even though its DEAD too.

Then please do so.

You have no authority on what MMOs should or should not be.

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

Wait a minute. You consider chat spaming to be communication and to make an mmo "alive"? Really? So, nowadays, chat talk and zerging open world content like Rifts and Dynamic Events (i like both systems btw) where people don't even talk, or maybe go "ZOMG, that was awesome" is enough to be considered an mmo? A "community"?

If that's so, i don't even know what i would call a game where players just sit in the middle of a village around a camp fire and talk to each other with chat bubbles. Or maybe playing musical instruments like in LOTRO in the middle of town. Or a theatre where rp'ers put on a play (there's 1 in London in TSW, btw), or players using a marrige system.

Hell, what would a game where player actions, politics, backstabbing, etc, like in EVE would be called?

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005
    Originally posted by Velera

Sources:

http://l3cdn.funcom.com/funcomportal/pdf/investor/2012/funcom_1Q12_presentation.pdf

http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/showthread.php?t=31974

Where's my money? I called it.  I figured there would be at least 1 or 2 more delays.  

Creeped out:: chuckle:: 'Diablo makes you feel creeped out. This game makes you creeped out that they are using 5 year old style renderings and graphics.  SWTOR was stylezed for its genre. IT made sense.  There are, what, maybe 2k people in this town, and yet zombies keep appearing from out of nowhere.  This game is more cartoony than wow. 

• SybnalSybnal Member Posts: 261

I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you!

Seriously, who didn't see this coming? Funcom NEVER learns.  They did the exact same shit with AoC and it just pissed people off.

The only thing that suprises me is it's only a 2 week delay and not a 2 month one. 

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by dontadow

Creeped out:: chuckle:: 'Diablo makes you feel creeped out. This game makes you creeped out that they are using 5 year old style renderings and graphics.  SWTOR was stylezed for its genre. IT made sense.  There are, what, maybe 2k people in this town, and yet zombies keep appearing from out of nowhere.  This game is more cartoony than wow. 

Didn't do the quest that leads you to the mass graves huh?

• tarestares Member Posts: 381
    Originally posted by Sybnal

I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you!

Seriously, who didn't see this coming? Funcom NEVER learns.  They did the exact same shit with AoC and it just pissed people off.

The only thing that suprises me is it's only a 2 week delay and not a 2 month one. 

Wasn't it already delayed two months?  Even the die hard life time sub fans must be skeptical about the release in 1 month by now.  All I hear is about the super genius IQ required to play this game and ill omens abound.

Don, 5 year old graphics? supposedly they are the best of any MMO ever created.  What they will do is modernize all graphics during the 10 day delay and combat animations will put tera to shame, they have an extra 10 days now. 

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Its no worries really just bbq more.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Delay is good.

I'm going to use a crazy analogy because that's what people do here. No it's not a fast food analogy like everyone else, don't worry.

So if you don't know about the recent SpaceX launch, here's a brief backstory. spaceX is the first (and only) private company capable of putting a spacecraft in orbit.

They launched a mission this week to dock with the space station and deliver supplies. This is an amazing landmark for a private company.

So the launch was supposed to be last weekend, but at t-minus 0.5 seconds a computer detected that pressure was too high in engine 5 and the launch was aborted.

In the press conference that followed, a reporter asked an executive a question about how the launch was a failure, and was kind of a dick about it.

She responded with a simple answer "This was NOT a failure." se briefly described that the computer did exactly what it should have done to prevent something worse from happening. She told the reporter that if the launch had continued, THAT would have been a failure.

3 days later the launch was an amazing success and the mission milestones have gone nearly perfectly since then. The Dragon spacecraft is set to dock with the ISS this morning.

So everyone remember, the pressure in engine 5 is a little high right now. They need to replace a faulty valve and try again in 3 days. Also, if TSW wants to dock with the ISS, it's going to have to wait until SpaceX launches their second Falcon 9 rocket. The cost is about 2,000 dollars per pound.

Oh and if Engine 5 is not repairable, they will need to strip an engine from the backup Falcon 9 in the hangar and duck tape it to the rocket.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

LOL what the graphics in the game are probally some of the best in an MMO.. technically the engine is amazing... 

what and more catoony than wow?

TSW

WOW

Also as for zombies appearing? would it be better after say 2000 zombies died that was it nothing else spawned? Again this is an MMORPG other people are playing with you, you need mobs to respawn and thats just the way it is.. I guess MMOs are just not for you

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

your opinion stinks, mine stinks, that guy over there...his does too.  Opinions expelled from a bunch of internet lurking assholes all smell like ass to someone....I think  it's all the Taco Bell and such. 

Seriously this site is bitchier than Real Housewives, no matter what someone posts, someone's instantly up in arms about it.  I thought everyone was over and done with the "we must all think the same thing or be the enemy" mentality once George W stopped his reign :P

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • SunscourSunscour Member UncommonPosts: 186
    Originally posted by dubyahite
    Delay is good.

I'm going to use a crazy analogy because that's what people do here. No it's not a fast food analogy like everyone else, don't worry.

So if you don't know about the recent SpaceX launch, here's a brief backstory. spaceX is the first (and only) private company capable of putting a spacecraft in orbit.

They launched a mission this week to dock with the space station and deliver supplies. This is an amazing landmark for a private company.

So the launch was supposed to be last weekend, but at t-minus 0.5 seconds a computer detected that pressure was too high in engine 5 and the launch was aborted.

In the press conference that followed, a reporter asked an executive a question about how the launch was a failure, and was kind of a dick about it.

She responded with a simple answer "This was NOT a failure." se briefly described that the computer did exactly what it should have done to prevent something worse from happening. She told the reporter that if the launch had continued, THAT would have been a failure.

3 days later the launch was an amazing success and the mission milestones have gone nearly perfectly since then. The Dragon spacecraft is set to dock with the ISS this morning.

So everyone remember, the pressure in engine 5 is a little high right now. They need to replace a faulty valve and try again in 3 days. Also, if TSW wants to dock with the ISS, it's going to have to wait until SpaceX launches their second Falcon 9 rocket. The cost is about 2,000 dollars per pound.

Oh and if Engine 5 is not repairable, they will need to strip an engine from the backup Falcon 9 in the hangar and duck tape it to the rocket.

Life is Short, Read a Book.

• DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679

This made me laugh i can accept that you don't feel creeped out by TSW but than you come and say D3 creeps you out....i mean seriously and to top that you are bashing the graphics after just referring to D3?? 

Just too funny lol 

Besides the very first quest you can do in Kingsmouths is telling you that killing the Zombies is only a temporary help since they just keep on getting bk which is why you study the behavior of the Zombies in the following quest series.

Even if they would not tell you and not send you to mass graves t your point still is a joke in every MMO you kill thousands of boars hares lions or w/e and they just keep respawning this games do not explain why the mobs keep coming bk they don't bother explaining how its possible that all this poor innocent animals you slaughter over and over again are not extinct yet but in TSW it suddenly is a prob and that even tho they explain why the Zombies just keep coming?

I cant help but wonder if you even thought for 1 sec before writing this garbage.....

Originally posted by Four0Six

Err, yeah, so shouldn;'t these be "olden zombies" and not, returning zombies.  I just can't suspend my belief likethat.  It takes me out of the "horror' atmpshere.  If you do horror naything, it needs to be on ponit, cause atompshere is everything.  I

Err, yeah, so shouldn;'t these be "olden zombies" and not, returning zombies.  I just can't suspend my belief likethat.  It takes me out of the "horror' atmpshere.  If you do horror naything, it needs to be on ponit, cause atompshere is everything.  I

You don't kill the Zombies... You slow them dow. They get back up from the very spot you downed  them. You would no that if you talked to the first NPC in kinsmouth. Pretty cool if you ask me. They are zombies ffs.

Originally posted by Doomedfox

This made me laugh i can accept that you don't feel creeped out by TSW but than you come and say D3 creeps you out....i mean seriously and to top that you are bashing the graphics after just referring to D3?? 

Just too funny lol 

Besides the very first quest you can do in Kingsmouths is telling you that killing the Zombies is only a temporary help since they just keep on getting bk which is why you study the behavior of the Zombies in the following quest series.

Even if they would not tell you and not send you to mass graves t your point still is a joke in every MMO you kill thousands of boars hares lions or w/e and they just keep respawning this games do not explain why the mobs keep coming bk they don't bother explaining how its possible that all this poor innocent animals you slaughter over and over again are not extinct yet but in TSW it suddenly is a prob and that even tho they explain why the Zombies just keep coming?

I cant help but wonder if you even thought for 1 sec before writing this garbage.....

Did I say D3? I swear i said Diablo.  Like diablo 1.  The atmosphere, the setting, that was creepy. I remember the first time i encountered the butcher. That's about hte last time horror's been done right in a grave. 

But, lets chat. Mass graves, as in graves that were suppose to be burried a while ago.  Most of the zombies on the streets are (new, citizen, zombies). Certainly not zombies that have been burried in a mass grave for years after years.  

Yes, in a fantasy game i can kill thousands of things, there's actually a cycle of life that seems to be believable in a lot of games.  There are many, many animals, many, many creatures. But zombies, see, they are special.  There is a limited number of them.  That's about any game.  I can believe a world would still have zombies if the world is open, lots of heroes, citizens still getting bit.

But the story of kingsmouth is that it is cordoned off. There are no fresh new influx of any one new coming in.  So the wholeidea of all these zombies in a confined space in a confinded city is very cartoony.  So i chop off this zombies head, burn it and incenterate the body... and it still gets back up.  Sounds like an 9 year old making a zombie movie. Put dad's cam corder back.

• SilverbarrSilverbarr Member Posts: 306

Just too funny lol 

Did I say D3? I swear i said Diablo.  Like diablo 1.  The atmosphere, the setting, that was creepy. I remember the first time i encountered the butcher. That's about hte last time horror's been done right in a grave. 

You have obviously not played the best horror games, such as Amnesia series, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, Call of Cthulu series... Infact Diablo had a dark atmosphere and setting, but creepy? Naa, any game you run around killing mobs in the droves =/= creepy.

M

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Support the Indie Developers - Kickstarter

Originally posted by Chopsticks

You don't kill the Zombies... You slow them dow. They get back up from the very spot you downed  them. You would no that if you talked to the first NPC in kinsmouth. Pretty cool if you ask me. They are zombies ffs.

But they don't get back up in the spot you downded them they appear back again out of thin air.  See how the graphics don't correspond to the methos, this is a problem thrhoughout the game.  Even still, it makes no sense.  I can chop a body up and burn it to ashes and u're telling me it reappears looking like an intact zombie.  

• SentimeSentime Member UncommonPosts: 270

There is never a magic patch.  The game you see in Beta is the game you'll see at release.

Just too funny lol 

But, lets chat. Mass graves, as in graves that were suppose to be burried a while ago.  Most of the zombies on the streets are (new, citizen, zombies). Certainly not zombies that have been burried in a mass grave for years after years.  

Yes, in a fantasy game i can kill thousands of things, there's actually a cycle of life that seems to be believable in a lot of games.  There are many, many animals, many, many creatures. But zombies, see, they are special.  There is a limited number of them.  That's about any game.  I can believe a world would still have zombies if the world is open, lots of heroes, citizens still getting bit.

But the story of kingsmouth is that it is cordoned off. There are no fresh new influx of any one new coming in.  So the wholeidea of all these zombies in a confined space in a confinded city is very cartoony.  So i chop off this zombies head, burn it and incenterate the body... and it still gets back up.  Sounds like an 9 year old making a zombie movie. Put dad's cam corder back.

Yes, the name monster mobs do respawn... They kinda need to so we can play the game... 

Some of the criticisms of this game are really out there. I'm happy to be talking about if mobs should respawn or not, rather than the client being CPU bound. Things like optimization are not an issue, so people like this talk about respawns, and being "believable."

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

This is a game about magic, and it's not a horror game, they never said so. It's not a horor mmo, a L4D mmo, or Lovecraft mmo. Why don't people learn to actually read and look for the full info on thse games.

• Method01Method01 Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Originally posted by Lagoz

For **** sakes.

I set up my holidays around the launch and now you are postponing the game again...

I WANNA PLAAAY :(

Fail..