Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

Good for them, as long as they polish animations more and add more options to character creation. Only two major concerns with TSW. Otherwise game is fantastic. I enjoyed TSW beta more than GW2 which is something i never thought would be possible.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

Inb4 the whole "They delayed it because they know it's not ready yet", despite going "They should delay it. It's not ready"

The truth is, it's a 10 day delay. Not has much has that, so i don't really believe it's meant for gigantic overhaul of anything. It's good, but if the game is competly broken, 2 weeks won't make a difference. Not hating, just saying.

• LagozLagoz Member Posts: 92

For **** sakes.

I set up my holidays around the launch and now you are postponing the game again...

I WANNA PLAAAY :(

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by FredomSekerZ

Inb4 the whole "They delayed it because they know it's not ready yet", despite going "They should delay it. It's not ready"

The truth is, it's a 10 day delay. Not has much has that, so i don't really believe it's meant for gigantic overhaul of anything. It's good, but if the game is competly broken, 2 weeks won't make a difference. Not hating, just saying.

The Financial statement states very clearly its being delayed cause of the 22 Million dollar funding agreement, and that they wanna do 2 more weeks of Marketing to highten awareness around the game.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Velera
    Originally posted by FredomSekerZ

The Financial statement states very clearly its being delayed cause of the 22 Million dollar funding agreement, and that they wanna do 2 more weeks of Marketing to highten awareness around the game.

Has anyone seen TV Spots yet ?

• Mako89Mako89 Member Posts: 23

Yup, yup.

Funcom today announced that the company has made a small adjustment to the release date for The Secret World. Due to market reasons, the ship date has been moved by two weeks to July 3rd, with Early Access starting June 29th. The new launch date places The Secret World in a more positive launch window which will benefit the launch of the game.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

If it's b/c of marketing then I guess the game needs it. The hype around this game is quite small and people saying that Funcom wants TSW to be a niche game are strange. no company wants their game to be a small niche. They all strive to success.

"The company's target subscriber rate is approximately half a million subscribers. They hope to have 35% of the game's revenue come from the cash shop"

I can only say good luck o_O

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

ok i pre-ordered this game..and what concerns me is they are going to spend more on advertising the game..the thing that concerns me is that maybe they dont have enough in the way of pre orders and are not happy.if its not polish and advertising,why the delay?i mean if the game is ok for release,why not release..it does not stop them from advertising..just curious

• tarestares Member Posts: 381
    Originally posted by kevjards

ok i pre-ordered this game..and what concerns me is they are going to spend more on advertising the game..the thing that concerns me is that maybe they dont have enough in the way of pre orders and are not happy.if its not polish and advertising,why the delay?i mean if the game is ok for release,why not release..it does not stop them from advertising..just curious

They expect more sales than age of conan so over 1 million,  they then expect over 400k players to subscribe for a year or more.  They don't think it will make target goals, so they will use a loan to advertise more.  If the game doesn't hit target expectations any MMO player can tell you what happens,  http://geek.pikimal.com/2012/05/24/star-wars-the-old-republic-has-fewer-users-fewer-employees/

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Originally posted by kevjards

No the stuff OP linked inn says that pre-Order sell is more than expected. If I didn't misread it I think the expecteation is atleast 1.5 Mill solg copies first weeks so should be all good when they say it's more than expected.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

I am very interested in this game, but very aprehensive of new MMO's these days.

Worrying things for me are the target of 500k subs, it doesn't seem a lot compared to WoW etc but I think it's a massive ask.

Funcom has been making a loss for 3 quarters and is relying on this game to put an end to that.

Is there any chance of all this going the way of APB? 

A lot of the same things are happening, modern setting, people say its not ready, summer release, loss making developer.

I have not played the game so would be looking for others input here on whether a massive fail is possible?

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

You guys all missed the big news!

"Fashion Week Live was launched in Open Beta. Early indicators are positive."

Although I do question whether the brown sack the woman is wearing in that presentation would classify as 'fashion'.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    This is good news. I was in CB for several weeks before the last beta weekend, and I decided to play that only in a group - what a mess.
  • dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Gives me some more time to get some guild stuff straightened out as well as play Diablo 3 more.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

No issues waiting a bit longer I know from testing over the last few weekends its the best Themepark MMORPG i have played for a long time for me so i can wait :)

• LagozLagoz Member Posts: 92

I guess they want to show off the dungeons and PvP before launching the game.

Milking out more pre-orders, me likey 8)

• PigEyePigEye Member Posts: 78

I don't see any miracles happening in 10 days o_0

PigEye McNasty
    DFOUW NA

• dimasokdimasok Member UncommonPosts: 183
    They better fix the horrible combat and animations and generally the incredibly slow flow of the game. Makes it unplayable.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    The only thing wrong with the combat is the animations, the underlying combat system is sound. another thing they could do is change the crucible so that you pick two weapeons.

I like the slow flow. I don't want it to get wowified with having players go hubs and pick up a shopping list of quests.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    The only thing wrong with the combat is the animations, the underlying combat system is sound. another thing they could do is change the crucible so that you pick two weapeons.

I like the slow flow. I don't want it to get wowified with having players go hubs and pick up a shopping list of quests.

This

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    They have 2 more open beats planned. The first will open all 3 societies, the savage coast region and the polaris and hell 1 dungeons. The second will be to test the endgame pvp, presumably with pre leveled characters.
  • dimasokdimasok Member UncommonPosts: 183
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

To me it feels like another SWTOR (aka SP Kotor 3) But with a silent deadbeat protagonist, empty environments and dead servers where no one wants to team up and chat is dead. Judging from the beta events its a SP game that will go f2P in no time
  • dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

Chat and some elements of grouping mechanics are bugged, this is a known issue.

Also judging a game's community from an open beta is premature to say the least.

EDIT: fixed typo.