Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hell’s Diaries: Rare Egyptian Demons (What!?)

KyuubeyKyuubey Member Posts: 69

Hell’s Diaries is a new feature blog on the world of Hellgate and the everyday random encounters our team faces in and out of the game. Outstanding player achievements and other things that may be of interest to most will be posted here on a regular basis (or at least when the Hellgate team isn’t feeling the blues)

I remember the days when I was playing another RPG for a handheld system (I think you can already guess what that is) where there would be random boss encounters while journeying through the game’s world. I thought it was an innovative system and wonder why some other games don’t have the same gimmick. Thankfully, Hellgate has the same (or somewhat similar) offering. If you’ve reached end game, there’s the level named the Cow Room where hordes of zombies will just try to decapitate (just kidding but you get the point) your character to death. And no, I’m not just talking about some random group of zombies trying to follow you around. It’s literally an army of zombies with flame breathing skills who will scorch the hell out of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=n4oa-ubqEMc

I caught this video on YouTube (it’s another user created video) with the character in play on the Cow Room level. Look at how many zombies there are! What’s even more impressive is this dude is soloing the level on Nightmare mode.

If you would look closely at the end of the video, there’s a towering figures walking among the zombies there…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p7P8Z4aHwmw

Imhotep is the mummy-like (hmm… wasn’t that the name of the villain in the movie, “Mummy”?) demon you see there in the video. He appears randomly in the Cow Room stage so if you do encounter him, do realize that it’s a rare chance and make the most out of it. Compared to other big baddies like Sydonai though, Imhotep doesn’t look as tough. I reckon you’ll be having a tougher time with the mobs than the boss.As far as I know, there’s another randomly appearing demon in this stage as well. Hmmm… I might feature the other one in a future diary as well.

Anyways, enjoy the carnage that the pro player above brings to the elusive beast!