Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I cant

SanelessSaneless Member UncommonPosts: 43

play this crap, it looks like wow, feels like wow but has a isometric camera angle. 

The skills sound pathetic and the graphics are horrible.

Theres no oh ya i killed that involved it feels easy 

glad i didnt buy this.

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

looks nothing like wow.. looks like diablo.. look at torchlight now that looks like wow.. might suggest having your eyes checked

game is actually a lot of fun sorry you are missing out

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ShaunJ1380ShaunJ1380 Member Posts: 77

How do I put this simply?

No.

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

To the Original Poster.

Is this any way to talk about the 2012 Game of the Year?

• DeddpoolDeddpool Member UncommonPosts: 197

Well was on the fence, but after reading that how the hell can I buy this!?!?!

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

looks nothing like wow.. looks like diablo.. look at torchlight now that looks like wow.. might suggest having your eyes checked

I love D3 but it does look a lot like WOW in many places (especially Act 4 which looks like the blood elves architecture) and WC3 in other areas.  D2 was completely different in look and feel to WC3 and SC.  D3 is visually like a hybrid between WOW and D2.  It clearly uses the same art direction as WOW with a D3 skin.  Sometimes companies get stuck in certain styles, which is why Pixar is good about bringing in new directors for their films.

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

I love D3 but it does look a lot like WOW in many places (especially Act 4 which looks like the blood elves architecture) and WC3 in other areas.  D2 was completely different in look and feel to WC3 and SC.  D3 is visually like a hybrid between WOW and D2.  It clearly uses the same art direction as WOW with a D3 skin.  Sometimes companies get stuck in certain styles, which is why Pixar is good about bringing in new directors for their films.

i still don't see it.. but i'm only in act 2.. especially when you compare it to torchlight

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

+1.  I honestly have no idea what game people are playing when they say D3 looks like WoW.  Makes zero sense.  D3 looks like D1 and D2.  Period.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by Saneless

play this crap, it looks like wow, feels like wow but has a isometric camera angle. 

glad i didnt buy this.

Wait let me get this straight:

You can't play the game

You didn't buy the game

You stated in prior posts you won't play the game

Yet you are saying with absolute conviction that it looks like WoW, skill sounds are pathetic, and the graphics are horrible. How did you come to this conclusion? Youtube videos? That explains a lot.

I'm not defending the game, personally I don't care. I just find it funny someone who has been pleading people to support Path of Exile would make a post like this  :)

Originally posted by RebelScum99

+1.  I honestly have no idea what game people are playing when they say D3 looks like WoW.  Makes zero sense.  D3 looks like D1 and D2.  Period.

yea seriously I really like torchlight also but that game oozes wow artstyle this game oozes diablo style... blood blood everywhere

Originally posted by Nevulus
    Originally posted by Saneless

glad i didnt buy this.

Wait let me get this straight:

You can't play the game

You didn't buy the game

You stated in prior posts you won't play the game

Yet you are saying with absolute conviction that it looks like WoW, skill sounds are pathetic, and the graphics are horrible. How did you come to this conclusion? Youtube videos? That explains a lot.

I'm not defending the game, personally I don't care. I just find it funny someone who has been pleading people to support Path of Exile would make a post like this  :)

hmm POE dev perhaps?

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Well, look at anything from Cataclysm or on the ramp up to it in WoW.

For example the aesthetic design of the dull grey with cracks used to define any large metal piece.

Or the way wood looks as a pretty flat texture differentiated by the whorls, lacking anything defining a grain beyond that.

The stylized proportions on monsters (thankfully less present in character models).

Or the blatant general aesthetic of every texture looking like it was done in photoshop.

I still think 2005 Diablo 3 looked better and much closer to Diablo 2. That's a matter pf personal preference/point of view though.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• MerdurMerdur Member UncommonPosts: 27

Your blinded by Blizzard, they say it's a new game, new art, new story, and what do you believe? All of it it seems, stop sitting on blizzards band wagon for 2 minutes. Step off and actually LOOK with open and clear eyes at what your playing. Look close because i garauntee you it will look exactly as stated. this game's graphics are a hybrid of WoW and WC3. the models look and feel the same, the character class's actually move and react the same as the heros did in WC3. The story is a generic Blizzard story that doesn't throw you for a loop. It's the same old same old story everytime. It was cool in D2 when it was fresh but in D3 they pulled the EXACT SAME STORY from D2 and threw it into D3. Don't even try to explain how the stories aren't the same because they are. Almost to a T are they the same and it's sad.

The art direction in TL2 is no where close to WoW graphics. It's an painterly style that Blizzard would never use. If you played the game for any length of time instead of just looking at some low-def pics you would know this. The characters and monsters in TL2 move like those in D2 and feel more menacing and dangerous then the ones in D3. The story isn't fresh and new i must say but atleast they are changing the arch instead of using the same old gimick.

Originally posted by Merdur

Your blinded by Blizzard, they say it's a new game, new art, new story, and what do you believe? All of it it seems, stop sitting on blizzards band wagon for 2 minutes. Step off and actually LOOK with open and clear eyes at what your playing. Look close because i garauntee you it will look exactly as stated. this game's graphics are a hybrid of WoW and WC3. the models look and feel the same, the character class's actually move and react the same as the heros did in WC3. The story is a generic Blizzard story that doesn't throw you for a loop. It's the same old same old story everytime. It was cool in D2 when it was fresh but in D3 they pulled the EXACT SAME STORY from D2 and threw it into D3. Don't even try to explain how the stories aren't the same because they are. Almost to a T are they the same and it's sad.

The art direction in TL2 is no where close to WoW graphics. It's an painterly style that Blizzard would never use. If you played the game for any length of time instead of just looking at some low-def pics you would know this. The characters and monsters in TL2 move like those in D2 and feel more menacing and dangerous then the ones in D3. The story isn't fresh and new i must say but atleast they are changing the arch instead of using the same old gimick.

i haven't played wow since BC and never played any other blizzard game before in my life aside from d1 and d2 so I'm in no way a blizzard fanboy I just don't see it.. I see lots of blood and exploding corpses and flashy effects but game doesn't look very cartoony at all really.. nothing compared to torchlight but guess thats me

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

To each their own.  I'm having a lot of fun.

• Rollcage8Rollcage8 Member Posts: 63

People don't seem to understand why or how the game now feels like world of warcraft.

Watch world of warcrafts original cinematic trailer, then compare that to the latest additions they added to the game, they are just as different as diablo 2 is to diablo 3.

Watch starcraft 1 and compare to starcraft 2, again lots of differences there too. Blizzard has obviously decided to artistically brand themselves.

The best way to explain this, is imagine blizzard makes yogurt, now they have three flavours of yogurt now blueberry, raspberry and mango. At the core its yogurt.

Blizzard is the core, and blizzard has a brand and artstyle that is now present in all of their games, then they flavour that core with whatever topping/flavour the game is to distinguish it from the rest. 

Previously, this was far less obvious or perhaps far less emphasised part of the business that is Blizzard, but since Blizzard has become one of the largest gaming companies in the world, its becoming quite obvious that they want all there games to first be associated with their name "Blizzard" then which flavour of Blizzard are you tasting. 

Hope I explained myself adequately. 

Originally posted by Rollcage8

People don't seem to understand why or how the game now feels like world of warcraft.

Watch world of warcrafts original cinematic trailer, then compare that to the latest additions they added to the game, they are just as different as diablo 2 is to diablo 3.

Watch starcraft 1 and compare to starcraft 2, again lots of differences there too. Blizzard has obviously decided to artistically brand themselves.

The best way to explain this, is imagine blizzard makes yogurt, now they have three flavours of yogurt now blueberry, raspberry and mango. At the core its yogurt.

Blizzard is the core, and blizzard has a brand and artstyle that is now present in all of their games, then they flavour that core with whatever topping/flavour the game is to distinguish it from the rest. 

Previously, this was far less obvious or perhaps far less emphasised part of the business that is Blizzard, but since Blizzard has become one of the largest gaming companies in the world, its becoming quite obvious that they want all there games to first be associated with their name "Blizzard" then which flavour of Blizzard are you tasting. 

Hope I explained myself adequately. 

i see your point and perhaps if I was a huge blizzard fan maybe I would notice but i'm not really and see very very slight similarities in some art but overall it feels like a diablo game to me and im happy about that

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Deivos

Well, look at anything from Cataclysm or on the ramp up to it in WoW.

For example the aesthetic design of the dull grey with cracks used to define any large metal piece.

Or the way wood looks as a pretty flat texture differentiated by the whorls, lacking anything defining a grain beyond that.

The stylized proportions on monsters (thankfully less present in character models).

Or the blatant general aesthetic of every texture looking like it was done in photoshop.

I still think 2005 Diablo 3 looked better and much closer to Diablo 2. That's a matter pf personal preference/point of view though.

Indeed, a lot of textures for 3d art are is, in fact, drawn using paintshop.   I just hate seeing people say something looks like it was drawn in photoshop.  Just because you can buy it yourself, doesn't make it any less a tool that proffesional artists use every day. 

And it would be Corals paintshop, photoshop is what proffesion photographers use.

The game looks exactly like most of the artwork you see for D3, and it's nowhere near the same art style as WoW. 

I'm not seeing the torchlight/ wow connection either.  Torchlight 2 looks exactly like Team Fortress to me.   WoW is more like a western anime style, torchlight looks much more generic cartoon network to me.

My only real gripe with D3 is that the animations when you're standing still talking to an NPC aren't very good.  Very mechanical looking; like they cut a couple of frames of the animations out. 

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

some people think everything looks like wow really should be a name for a dissorder .....not saying the OP has it, but that label gets thrown around so easily by some people

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558
    Originally posted by Uhwop

Indeed, a lot of textures for 3d art are is, in fact, drawn using paintshop.   I just hate seeing people say something looks like it was drawn in photoshop.  Just because you can buy it yourself, doesn't make it any less a tool that proffesional artists use every day. 

And it would be Corals paintshop, photoshop is what proffesion photographers use.

Uh, no, Photoshop is the standard in the gaming industry. Some companies may use PaintShop (I can't think of any off the top of my head, tbh), and knowledge in PaintShop is considered acceptable for hiring since learning Photoshop won't take too long, but for most the standard is Photoshop.

You don't have to believe me: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/posting.html?id=100008T

Why do you think they specifically mention Photoshop?

This discussion has been closed.