Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perfect World Disappoints | STOked 124

ShardWarriorShardWarrior Member Posts: 290

Link to STOked 124 "Perfect World Disappoints"

Chris and the folks over at STOked hit the nail on the head IMO with regard to the state of STO. Great feedback in this episode, although I would not lay all the blame on PWE here. As has been said a few times, the only constant in STO's problems is Cryptic Studios.

I found this blurb from Chris most telling in the comments;

ChrisLAS
I'll leave it up for you. But you can check the dev tacker your self.   I won't disclose my private email conversations with PW. But I understand more about the situation that I can really share. -Chris

In other words, do not be getting your hopes up about a bright future for STO.

Edit:
Fixed the link.

Comments

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by ShardWarrior

Link to STOked 124 ' "Perfect World Disappoints"

Chris and the folks over at STOked hit the nail on the head IMO with regard to the state of STO. Great feedback in this episode, although I would not lay all the blame on PWE here. As has been said a few times, the only constant in STO's problems is Cryptic Studios.

I found this blurb from Chris most telling in the comments;

ChrisLAS
    I'll leave it up for you. But you can check the dev tacker your self.

I won't disclose my private email conversations with PW. But I understand more about the situation that I can really share.

-Chris

The link is invalid dude, can't see what was posted there.

Where's the any key?

• ShardWarriorShardWarrior Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by Kiljaedenas

The link is invalid dude, can't see what was posted there.

Sorry.  It should be correct now.

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Link to STOked 124 "Perfect World Disappoints"Chris and the folks over at STOked hit the nail on the head IMO with regard to the state of STO. Great feedback in this episode, although I would not lay all the blame on PWE here. As has been said a few times, the only constant in STO's problems is Cryptic Studios.I found this blurb from Chris most telling in the comments;  ChrisLAS
    I'll leave it up for you. But you can check the dev tacker your self.   I won't disclose my private email conversations with PW. But I understand more about the situation that I can really share. -Chris

Edit:
    Fixed the link.

Yep, I have to agree with you ShardWarrior. STOked did hit the nail on the head, and they basically said everything I have been feeling with great accuracy.

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

OMG ! The show should not be named " Perfect World Dissappoints " instead they should run with " Hi, I'm Chris your CDF propoganda minister "  or " Hi, I'm Chris. Do you admire my spray . I got this incredible spray tan by having my head so far up Cryptic's  --- , you should try it  and get one as well. "

Good god when are these people going to stop blaming everyone else but Cryptic for the state of the game. The only condition that was ever put on Cryptic by any of their past/present owers was that they be profitible. Ever idea to generate income comes from Cryptic , they may gain inspiration from PWE or other devs , but ultimately it's up to Cryptic to implement . These two need to have CDF stamped to their foreheads and the accompanying tinfoil hats. It's impressive that they get on and with straight faces launch attacks at PWE.

I love how this pin head was going on about trying to get Dstahl to come on. He's not even associated with STO anymore. The only linkage he has with STO as far I've discerned is the Foundry . When he he was brought back, it was specifically to work it, not STO.

They hit nothing on the head . The entire episode is devoted to blaming PWE and shifting the player base to defend Cryptic and keep the loyalty to Cryptic and protray them as the saviours of the game. It's a classic manipulation by STO'ked who should reveal how much funding they get from Cryptic.

Originally posted by AG-Vuk
    OMG ! The show should not be named " Perfect World Dissappoints " instead they should run with " Hi, I'm Chris your CDF propoganda minister "  or " Hi, I'm Chris. Do you admire my spray . I got this incredible spray tan by having my head so far up Cryptic's  --- , you should try it  and get one as well. "

Good god when are these people going to stop blaming everyone else but Cryptic for the state of the game. The only condition that was ever put on Cryptic by any of their past/present owers was that they be profitible. Ever idea to generate income comes from Cryptic , they may gain inspiration from PWE or other devs , but ultimately it's up to Cryptic to implement . These two need to have CDF stamped to their foreheads and the accompanying tinfoil hats. It's impressive that they get on and with straight faces launch attacks at PWE.

I love how this pin head was going on about trying to get Dstahl to come on. He's not even associated with STO anymore. The only linkage he has with STO as far I've discerned is the Foundry . When he he was brought back, it was specifically to work it, not STO.

They hit nothing on the head . The entire episode is devoted to blaming PWE and shifting the player base to defend Cryptic and keep the loyalty to Cryptic and protray them as the saviours of the game. It's a classic manipulation by STO'ked who should reveal how much funding they get from Cryptic.

Perhaps you should watch the podcast again, Vuk. There were many statements made about the state of the game and how the issues involving the game and community are speaking badly about Cryptic, Perfect World, and how shoddy the game has become and is becoming.

Some statements were made to the affect that lockboxes are disrespecting and cheapening the Star Trek IP, which it is. Some statements were made that adding another currency to a game that is based on a organization that does not use currency in the fashion presented in the game is also disrespecting the IP.

I don't care who STOked tends to blame for whatever is going on. The point is, the problems are being brought to the surface, by all the podcasts if I am not mistaken.

Who FUCKING cares if STOked blames Perfect World. You knew this would be the case, so stop acting like this is something new and surprising. Jesus lol. If they get funding by Cryptic, why the Fing hell would they have said what they did? Wouldn't that be sort of counter productive to their relationship with Cryptic?

Edit: I am pretty sure D Stahl is still the EP of STO. If he wasn't, why would this months Ask Cryptic for STO list him as the Executive Producer?

Originally posted by Cacaphony

OMG ! .........

Perhaps you should watch the podcast again, Vuk. There were many statements made about the state of the game and how the issues involving the game and community are speaking badly about Cryptic, Perfect World, and how shoddy the game has become and is becoming.

I did and everything mentioned has been an issue since Cryptic launched the game. They're getting to recognizing it now ? LMAO ! The game has become and is becoming Shoddy , really ? Two plus years in ! Reskinning , hmmmm, it's a problem now ? Lmao.

Some statements were made to the affect that lockboxes are disrespecting and cheapening the Star Trek IP, which it is. Some statements were made that adding another currency to a game that is based on a organization that does not use currency in the fashion presented in the game is also disrespecting the IP.

Cryptic has been cheapening and disrespecting the IP since the beginning and it took STO'ked telling you, to convince you ? Come on !

I don't care who STOked tends to blame for whatever is going on. The point is, the problems are being brought to the surface, by all the podcasts if I am not mistaken.

The point of the video was to deflect blame away from Cryptic. It's CBS, Atari, PWE ! Shall I continue ! Could it be that PWE isn't pandering to the forum butt smoochers that live for STO?  Only a fool waits 2+ years to start pointing out problems with a game.

Who FUCKING cares if STOked blames Perfect World. You knew this would be the case, so stop acting like this is something new and surprising. Jesus lol. If they get funding by Cryptic, why the Fing hell would they have said what they did? Wouldn't that be sort of counter productive to their relationship with Cryptic?

In case you missed it and really listened, they didn't lay blame at Cryptic's feet. They made excuses as to why Cryptic had to do this or that , or couldn't get a license,  how Cryptic could help PWE pr team , it was all crap.  Oh and excuse me if i'm not impressed that STO'ked has more viewers then STO has players. LMAO . I think he's butt hurt, more then anything. His ST fantasy world is crumbling, because PWE isn't making Cryptic listen to the all knowing Trekkies. There's a reason the time frame of the game is 2409 , it doesn't constrict or bind Cryptic to anything .

Edit: I am pretty sure D Stahl is still the EP of STO. If he wasn't, why would this months Ask Cryptic for STO list him as the Executive Producer? 

I'd re-examine his title . He lists himself " Cryptic Studio Team " on the forums . When he was EP of STO , he listed himself as such. He quit and went and worked elsewhere and returned.  He can still be an EP , but not necessarily of STO. I think they trott him out because he's familar to the playerbase and is fondly remembered as one of the good guys.  ;) See how they work ?

FYI , my comprehension is very good. Oh and the shot at Massively , who have been just as big a bunch of STO butt kissers as cheap blogger journalism was hilarious. Pot meets kettle. LMAO !

Originally posted by AG-Vuk OMG ! .........
      Perhaps you should watch the podcast again, Vuk. There were many statements made about the state of the game and how the issues involving the game and community are speaking badly about Cryptic, Perfect World, and how shoddy the game has become and is becoming. I did and everything mentioned has been an issue since Cryptic launched the game. They're getting to recognizing it now ? LMAO ! The game has become and is becoming Shoddy , really ? Two plus years in ! Reskinning , hmmmm, it's a problem now ? Lmao. Some statements were made to the affect that lockboxes are disrespecting and cheapening the Star Trek IP, which it is. Some statements were made that adding another currency to a game that is based on a organization that does not use currency in the fashion presented in the game is also disrespecting the IP. Cryptic has been cheapening and disrespecting the IP since the beginning and it took STO'ked telling you, to convince you ? Come on ! I don't care who STOked tends to blame for whatever is going on. The point is, the problems are being brought to the surface, by all the podcasts if I am not mistaken. The point of the video was to deflect blame away from Cryptic. It's CBS, Atari, PWE ! Shall I continue ! Could it be that PWE isn't pandering to the forum butt smoochers that live for STO?  Only a fool waits 2+ years to start pointing out problems with a game. Who FUCKING cares if STOked blames Perfect World. You knew this would be the case, so stop acting like this is something new and surprising. Jesus lol. If they get funding by Cryptic, why the Fing hell would they have said what they did? Wouldn't that be sort of counter productive to their relationship with Cryptic? In case you missed it and really listened, they didn't lay blame at Cryptic's feet. They made excuses as to why Cryptic had to do this or that , or couldn't get a license,  how Cryptic could help PWE pr team , it was all crap.  Oh and excuse me if i'm not impressed that STO'ked has more viewers then STO has players. LMAO . I think he's butt hurt, more then anything. His ST fantasy world is crumbling, because PWE isn't making Cryptic listen to the all knowing Trekkies. There's a reason the time frame of the game is 2409 , it doesn't constrict or bind Cryptic to anything . Edit: I am pretty sure D Stahl is still the EP of STO. If he wasn't, why would this months Ask Cryptic for STO list him as the Executive Producer?  I'd re-examine his title . He lists himself " Cryptic Studio Team " on the forums . When he was EP of STO , he listed himself as such. He quit and went and worked elsewhere and returned.  He can still be an EP , but not necessarily of STO. I think they trott him out because he's familar to the playerbase and is fondly remembered as one of the good guys.  ;) See how they work ?
    FYI , my comprehension is very good. Oh and the shot at Massively , who have been just as big a bunch of STO butt kissers as cheap blogger journalism was hilarious. Pot meets kettle. LMAO !

Sigh, Im not really in the mood to argue your points Vuk, cause I'm tired and its near my bed time. So, I will try and provide you with my responses later.

The point I was trying to make was that finally, the podcast community is finally starting to see what Cryptic really is, and STOked is finally, yet slowly, coming down from la-la land in happy go lucky Cryptic-can-do-no-wrong world, to reality. I could see it a long time ago. I didn't need Chris at STOked to tell me.

The point I was trying to make was that finally, the podcast community is finally starting to see what Cryptic really is, and STOked is finally, yet slowly, coming down from la-la land in happy go lucky Cryptic-can-do-no-wrong world, to reality. I could see it a long time ago. I didn't need Chris at STOked to tell me.

STOked has been less and less in la la land since they shed Jeremy's massive girth.  I do not fault Chris for trying to remain positive.  He may not focus on negativity as much as others do, but he does get the point across.  Players are fed up with the state of the game, lack of content, excuses, lockboxes, the list goes on.

More and more I am inclined to side with the folks who have said PWE is putting STO in stasis and just milk the IP for what they can. 

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

More and more I am inclined to side with the folks who have said PWE is putting STO in stasis and just milk the IP for what they can. 

It was like that from beggining imo. Cryptic did same thing. 

Remember releasing unfinished game that lacked content and with outrageus big CS in P2P game?

Imo was made up from day 1, to milk relatively small population from money heavily providing far-from good product, just cause for Treekies it is only mmorpg avabile.

PWE just took it even further.

I woud stay away and just not play this game ever again if I was still active player.

Originally posted by AG-Vuk OMG ! .........

Sigh, Im not really in the mood to argue your points Vuk, cause I'm tired and its near my bed time. So, I will try and provide you with my responses later.

While I would agree that some bitterness, fear and resentment  is evolving in the podcast community, it's clearly pointed at PWE. I respectfuly l disagree that they've had that come to Jesus moment about Cryptic tiself. They still view Cryptic as the company that can save the game . They said it themselves ;  if only Cryptic were a bigger more respected dev house they could be more independant in guiding the game . To paraphrase. That's far from the realization of what Cryptic is. Perhaps it's them realizing that the game is only going progress down a path they are not happy about. What Cryptic is has been evident since CO beta. They are so blinded by the fact that it's ST , they still refuse to acknowledge that they've been duped by Cryptic. Not Atari , not PWE. The one constant as we all recognize and  we all agree on is, Cryptic.

The come to Jesus moment will be when they release that final STO'ked video that basically acknowledges that they can no longer support a game that they don't believe in. ( I suspect they still won't blame Cryptic ) This podcast was a pathetic appeal , to the people at Cryptic to cajole , influence and go over their masters heads and fix the game. I'm inclined to see this podcast as a sign of desparartion and the beginning steps of a tantrum.

I could see it a long time ago. I didn't need Chris at STOked to tell me. 

I apologize .  

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

The people that are at fault are Cryptic themselves. They are the ones that said they could push out a Star Trek MMO with only a few years of development time. No amount of candy coating is going to change that.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584

STOked as it is, is going to end @ 126 episode.

Apparently podcasts may have information of what is about to happen beforehand and are reacting accordingly.

Seriously... PWE wants to learn about western games and makes a huge ip into a no-name lockbox game like all their other releases are? How about they just wanted to make a quick dime on the madly fanatic ST fanbase. You still see people in the official forums who refuse to listen to reason, it's only the love for Trek that makes them pay hundreds of dollars for a CHANCE to get some ship. It's just sad.

This is game is seriously dead in the water unless some truly big things/changes are announced SOON.

I also wish poor Grand Nagus would post here when he keeps getting banned from the official forums, because he posts logical comments.

Originally posted by ktanner3

The people that are at fault are Cryptic themselves. They are the ones that said they could push out a Star Trek MMO with only a few years of development time. No amount of candy coating is going to change that.

Hey now, most STO fanbois (the 5 that are left)  will say they released because Atari pushed them, but complelety disregard the fact that Cryptic sold themselves primarily because of this goal.

It's amusing really. Atari is the badboy, PWE is the badboy, Cryptic =  saints in human body.

Make no mistake, their new Neverwinter game is going to have lockboxes from day 1, it will have the same piss-poor engine like CO/STO, they will offer Lifetime-subs for the ones who left their brain in a chest somewhere, they will also complain about the size of their dev-team and how they wanted to do this and that, but didn't because they're incompetent pieces of ----.

Originally posted by Rawiz

I also wish poor Grand Nagus would post here when he keeps getting banned from the official forums, because he posts logical comments.

Sorry , but he's and enabler and has been for a long time. I get the whole liking ST ,having an LTS,  but he lost crediblity a long time ago .  That's not a statement leveled as a personal attack . It's just a statement of fact . He's always defended Cryptic in a left handed manner.

Make no mistake, their new Neverwinter game is going to have lockboxes from day 1, it will have the same piss-poor engine like CO/STO, they will offer Lifetime-subs for the ones who left their brain in a chest somewhere, they will also complain about the size of their dev-team and how they wanted to do this and that, but didn't because they're incompetent pieces of ----.

This would be my guess. I would also wager Neverwinter will have piddly amounts of real quest content and will rely heavily on "user generated content" to "fill the content gaps".

Sorry , but he's and enabler and has been for a long time. I get the whole liking ST ,having an LTS,  but he lost crediblity a long time ago .  That's not a statement leveled as a personal attack . It's just a statement of fact . He's always defended Cryptic in a left handed manner.

Is the guy with the riker name still there? Good Will RIKER or something like that? He was the biggest butt kisser I member from back then.

Originally posted by Rawiz I also wish poor Grand Nagus would post here when he keeps getting banned from the official forums, because he posts logical comments.  

Is the guy with the riker name still there? Good Will RIKER or something like that? He was the biggest butt kisser I member from back then.

I don't know about this Will Riker guy, but Asakara, Cosmic_One, Thomas45 and for the most part, Armsman are the biggest Cryptic suck-ups/defenders/im-right-you-are-wrong type people I see on the forums (excluding the nagus). I would include CaptainQuirk on the list as well, but he is one the biggest flip-floppers I've ever seen on the STO forums. One day he will be praising the game and wondering why people complain, and the next he will be complaining (but when he does it, its justified, at least to him).

[quote]
    I could see it a long time ago. I didn't need Chris at STOked to tell me. 

I apologize .[/b][/quote]

No need to apologize Vuk. Sometimes I take what people mean the wrong way, or I don't do a good enough job explaining what I mean, which is my own fault. For the most part, I agree with most of what you say, save for a few comments here and there.

Originally posted by Rawiz I also wish poor Grand Nagus would post here when he keeps getting banned from the official forums, because he posts logical comments.  

I don't know about this Will Riker guy, but Asakara, Cosmic_One, Thomas45 and for the most part, Armsman are the biggest Cryptic suck-ups/defenders/im-right-you-are-wrong type people I see on the forums (excluding the nagus). I would include CaptainQuirk on the list as well, but he is one the biggest flip-floppers I've ever seen on the STO forums. One day he will be praising the game and wondering why people complain, and the next he will be complaining (but when he does it, its justified, at least to him).

I haven't visited the forums since 2010, so maybe he finally quit. It is funny to see the Nagus still hanging on. He was another huge suck up after launch. Both him and riker were the biggest cheerleaders. They would pop in to every suggestion thread and say that the OPs should play a different game and leave. 

-Crafting and a player made economy? This isn't EVE.

-Don't want to PVP all day? You're a Klingon. Don't be a carebear!

-Don't like all the loading screens? Go play WOW.

- Can't stand to wait for a few weeks.or months, for a CR reply? Then Quit!

-Don't like the extra attention that lifers get? Too bad! You should have bought a lifetime sub!

-Want to be on your bridge while fighting? Play Bridge Commander!

And this was the treatment they gave people who said they were happy, but voiced legitimate concerns.

Meh, I think nagus is pretty level-headed these days at least. Sure he was obnoxious a year or so ago, but I don't think so now.

Anyone remember the nickname of that poster with a terminator avatar? That guy was the ultimate fanboi. I really believe he was a cryptic employee posting on his gameaccount. Kinda like that AoC moderator Tahitoa.

Meh, I think nagus is pretty level-headed these days at least. Sure he was obnoxious a year or so ago, but I don't think so now

So basically after he got force fed some humble pie he finally got more open minded? ;)

Anyone remember the nickname of that poster with a terminator avatar? That guy was the ultimate fanboi. I really believe he was a cryptic employee posting on his gameaccount. Kinda like that AoC moderator Tahitoa.

Now that you mention it yes. Can't remember his name though.  The majority of the obnoxious ones were the lifetime subbers. They seemed to think they were above eveyrone else just because they had the blue glowy for an avatar and the moderators would eat it up. I've never seen official forums  encourage class warfare quite like Cryptic did. 

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Hey now, most STO fanbois (the 5 that are left)  will say they released because Atari pushed them, but complelety disregard the fact that Cryptic sold themselves primarily because of this goal.

It's amusing really. Atari is the badboy, PWE is the badboy, Cryptic =  saints in human body.

I'm sorry, but I have a real hard time taking your statement seriously when Neverwinter won awards at both E3 and PAX.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Originally posted by MadDemon64

I'm sorry, but I have a real hard time taking your statement seriously when Neverwinter won awards at both E3 and PAX.

Utterly meaningless.  STO won "Best New MMO of 2010" or some other such nonsense.  It is (IMO) the worst MMO on the market, so awards and accolades do not amount to much.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

Utterly meaningless.  STO won "Best New MMO of 2010" or some other such nonsense.  It is (IMO) the worst MMO on the market, so awards and accolades do not amount to much.

And yet the majority of people who play and review these games say otherwise (then again, I once met someone who thought the old Ang Lee Hulk film was superior to the newer Hulk film, and that Hellboy movies are horrible).

Ah well, to each his own.

P.S. Alganon is the worst MMO on the market.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Bah, nevermind. :P