Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Site Member?

SwankdSwankd Member UncommonPosts: 243

So on my profile page the member status changed to "Site Member" and I have looked everywhere to find out what that is.

Anyone know?

It says Hard Core Member under my avatar, but my profile page says Site Member

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

I see hard core member on your profile. Can you post a screenshot?

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758

My profile says "site member" at the top but with the explanation that it's the default tilte and that all others are awarded. Your post says "Hard Core Member" so I guess the "site member" is what new people get and after a few posts everyone, including yourself, gets awarded something else that trumps the default one..

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I was gone on vacation for a week and now I'm only a site member too.

Way to reward loyalty MMORPG.com ;)

jk jk

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758
    Originally posted by BadSpock

jk jk

Your post shows "Hard Core Member" for me

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Is there a link to the entire system and how it functions? I have wondered how the rank and it's points work... I want new gear and some APs. :P

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

We have some information in our FAQ. But basically, be active and avoid getting in trouble and your rank should go up. :)

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by MikeB

We have some information in our FAQ. But basically, be active and avoid getting in trouble and your rank should go up. :)

I try and post about butterflies and rainbows and still get dinged!  I'm afraid, very afraid.....

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

And if you're a real pain in the ass for the mods, they'll call you a smart ass (only nicer) and THAT will be your title.

(jk jk....be nice to our mods)  ;)

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by reaperuk
    Originally posted by BadSpock

jk jk

Your post shows "Hard Core Member" for me

Exactly, but in the options screen my only title option is "Site Member" like the OP.

• SwankdSwankd Member UncommonPosts: 243

this is what it shows for me when i go to my profile

no hard core member :/

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

It means that the program code has been changed to reflect you as a standard member whose standard title changes according to the algorithm calculated in association with your posting history to come up with your public title.  That is unless you have been given other titles and you choose to use one of them instead of the standard member title.

TLDR?

It's a programming change probably added to make for a more efficent use of server resourses. It reduces the number of constant database changes and calculations

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    Originally posted by BethelsBoy

That title is separate from your rank-based title. Hardcore Member is based off of your star rank. That title dropdown is for special titles you've been granted.

For example, if just1opinion went to her profile she could select from Site Member or Smart-Alek. Site Member would generate a title based off of her current star rank, while Smart-Alek (when selected) will show up in place of her star-rank title.

That title is separate from your rank-based title. Hardcore Member is based off of your star rank. That title dropdown is for special titles you've been granted.

For example, if just1opinion went to her profile she could select from Site Member or Smart-Alek. Site Member would generate a title based off of her current star rank, while Smart-Alek (when selected) will show up in place of her star-rank title.

And that's only because "The Dunce" and cap itself, was taken.  Smartassery is undervalued in most societies, but not here on MMORPG.com.  Here....I R IMPOTENT.  I R also good spellerer.  I don't know why I don't have a title for bestest spellerer.

Originally posted by just1opinion

And that's only because "The Dunce" and cap itself, was taken.  Smartassery is undervalued in most societies, but not here on MMORPG.com.  Here....I R IMPOTENT.  I R also good spellerer.  I don't know why I don't have a title for bestest spellerer.

You sure you don't? ;)

Well I....I....I don't even know......

I'm speechless.

Yeah, remember this day.  It doesn't happen very often.