Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Glimmer of hope"

wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

https://www.facebook.com/archeage

ArcheAge facebook page moderator - in response to this question: 

we just want a glimmer of hope we can play this in the states

had this to say:

There will be glimmers aplenty by the end of this year

Thought I share with you people, even though it's just one small sentence :)

Comments

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Maximum Wootage

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• FinitFinit Member Posts: 145

Deleted by Poster.

My Guild Wars 2 Blog can be found here: Divinity's Reach

• FinitFinit Member Posts: 145

I am currently loving Guild Wars 2, but I wish the very best to ArcheAge.  I'm glad to see it will finally come to the West!

My Guild Wars 2 Blog can be found here: Divinity's Reach

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by Finit

I am currently loving Guild Wars 2, but I wish ArcheAge the very best.  I would love to look into the game further when it finally  comes to the West.

I plan on playing both of them :)

Never played two mmorpg's at same time, but GW2 seems like best action themepark in really long time (ever?) and ArcheAge as best sandboxy classic combat mmorpg.

Could not choose between them tbh as they seem to be very diffrent games  so will play both.

Anyway great news!

• KushmasterKushmaster Member Posts: 47
    Awesome news. If that counts as news.

This game has me extremely interested. I too will pick this up along with GW2.
  • ValkaernValkaern Member UncommonPosts: 497

Until the day I actually tried GW2 first hand (I was pretty impressed with what I saw to say the least), ArcheAge was the absolute number 1 on my list for a very long time. I'm still very eager to see how it turns out and really hope it can deliver, but I'm also curious if GW2 delivering on so many of the elements I've been missing from 1st gen MMOs in a very fresh way will impact my expectations for ArcheAge.

ArcheAge has GW2 beat in terms of scope, and there seems to be a hell of a lot to see and do, but GW2 really delivered on gameplay and creative solutions to long standing MMO problems. There's no question I'll be adding ArcheAge to my collection, I'm just curious now if the actual gameplay will feel like a step backwards to me or not.

That's good news though, it sounds as if they finally have a plan in place that will eventually lead to us being able to play it without learning Korean.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

@Valkaern

In a way ArcheAge will feel like 'step backwards'.  For example combat wise and with lack of dynamic events everywhere (heard that there are situations like some boss attacking village in AA, but I think that might be rare + much simper / basic than GW2) WILL feel like stepbackwards imho.

BUT 

There will be things that GW2 don't have.  

Totally seamless world - when there was last seamless AAA game? WoW Vanilla?  All others were zoned.

Better crafting.

Teritorial control.

Houses in actual open world.

Sailing with actual boats. 

Flying / gliding.

Diffrent virtual world economy - instead of cross server AH and themepark one.

+ few others

Just diffrent kind of game and I will just play those both for diffrent reasons and with diffrent mindset.

ArcheAge for feeling of virtual world + exloration / crafting + PvP between guilds and sieges of castles build by players in game world.

Guild Wars 2 - for better PvE, Dynamic Events and compatetive PvP + WvWvW casual madness.

=============

It is like playing Heroes of Might and Magic like strategy and Starcraft like rts at same time. 

or like playing Diablo and Dark Souls at same time.

Bit similar, but at same time very diffent and played with diffent expecations.

I just have diffrent expectations for AA and for GW2.

• ragnarrogragnarrog Member Posts: 16

+1

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

"end of year"... *sigh*

But to actually get any hopeful news at all...  WOO HOO!!!

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

Does anyone know if they are working on an English port of this game already, or are we going to have to wait until they get a publisher *and then* do the conversion.  We may not see this game until x-mas 2013 or beyond.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

Does anyone know if they are working on an English port of this game already, or are we going to have to wait until they get a publisher *and then* do the conversion.  We may not see this game until x-mas 2013 or beyond.

Well, for them to say there will be plenty of hope by the end of this year, leads me to believe that, why would a Western/NA audience be happy to see a game release or anything over in Korea when we would like the game too. I think they already have their publisher, but are keeping it hush hush, just because of all the feedback that has been given, and from the start they said they "had the western audience in mind" (or something along those lines) while producing the game.

But i would say that x-mas 2013 is probably about when we will see it. Hopes for early 2013, but just hopes.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

im just hoping that theyre not planning on telling us about the EU/Na publisher at the end of the year and that they actualy plan on publishing it then

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

This made my day!!! Thanks!

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

dont know for sure but being they have an english version of the website and have stated that they are creating the game "with the western audience in mind" then i would imagine they would be doing an english version

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

They can just run everything through Google Translate and I would be happy.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• sartoksartok Member Posts: 79

I'm staying out of the MMO games as of late. I just come here every 2 months looking for news on AA. Thank you for this.

• wiseman00wiseman00 Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Sebali

im just hoping that theyre not planning on telling us about the EU/Na publisher at the end of the year and that they actualy plan on publishing it then

Yea, they are pretty slick with announcements. They just announced a Japanese publisher.....But also revealed that they signed the deal back in 2009...That means that they have kept it a secret for 3 years....Who knows? They may have already gotten a publisher for the west, and just may be stalling for the right time to announce it...