Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone disappointed that Inferno has (apparently)been beaten?

Comments

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

That any MMO gamer cares in anything other than a congratulatory manner says volumes about the state of modern MMOs.

why would any MMO gamer care about who beat a SINGLE PLAYER game in the first place? Just Saying.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

It's not an mmo, and it has no effect on my enjoyment of the game.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

That any MMO gamer cares in anything other than a congratulatory manner says volumes about the state of modern MMOs.

Yep, have to second this sentiment...even if D3 isn't an mmo :P

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by ElderRat

why would any MMO gamer care about who beat a SINGLE PLAYER game in the first place? Just Saying.

He said the same thing you said, only in a different way...wow

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

why should i care what other people do? i haven't beaten it and thats all that matters to me.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    Apparently two wizards beat inferno Diablo on solo.  If Blizzard does confirm that Inferno was beaten this weekend I expect a nerf incoming for at least wizards and their damage mitigation.  They weren't expecting inferno to be beaten for months and likely assumed players would need to farm the necessary gear over that time.  I know one of the wizards used an exploit, since patched, to get lots of rares.

I think it's kind of a bummer that the content was beaten so quickly.  Based on the offical forums, I don't expect barbs to do it any time soon though.

why would they. they already have your money.

Its not an mmmorpg, its not subjected to nerfs and buffs.

With the Real Money Auction House Coming SoonTM... it's in their best interest really.

If they leave sertain classes OP and others underbuffed and don't address obvious exploits.... then what you think will happen to the RMAH? Exactly... totally useless.

That's the exact problem.  I don't really care about the RMAH and hopefully will only ever use it to sell stuff.  But the entire economy, Gold and RM, will take a dive if everyone can just roll a wizard and farm lots in inferno.  It also has a major impact on the longevity of the game.

I'm just disappointed that Blizzard uttterly failed to balance their classes for inferno.  Melee got the hosed it appears.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by Istavaan

why should i care what other people do? i haven't beaten it and thats all that matters to me.

This. What others do with their single-player game has no effect on my single-player game.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• Reion1Reion1 Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Originally posted by LazerChicken

I still wait for a hardcore kill since softcore isn't really a challange having unlimited lives.

I bet hardcore kill will take months to complete.

The other thing is that "Diablo inferno kill" doesn't mean they actually did whole content. I guess most of people that beat inferno by this time skip/corpse run alot of areas they coudn't pass since bosses < champions. 

I don't think that most players in hardcore would make it past Act 1 in hardcore. Unless they are barbs or monks. The game is pretty difficult at these stages. I'm stuck half way into  softcore act 2 hell because I can't find a good composition to finish it. Running through the game with my friends was fun. They were rolling a barb and a witch doctor, but after the repetitiveness and the difficulty shooting up the way it did they all got dettered. I'm still going on strong. Also, I find it hard to believe that inferno was beaten.

"Everything the light touches is our kingdom" -- Mufasa
    ---

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by Nitth

Apparently two wizards beat inferno Diablo on solo.  If Blizzard does confirm that Inferno was beaten this weekend I expect a nerf incoming for at least wizards and their damage mitigation.  They weren't expecting inferno to be beaten for months and likely assumed players would need to farm the necessary gear over that time.  I know one of the wizards used an exploit, since patched, to get lots of rares.

I think it's kind of a bummer that the content was beaten so quickly.  Based on the offical forums, I don't expect barbs to do it any time soon though.

why would they. they already have your money.

Its not an mmmorpg, its not subjected to nerfs and buffs.

Wrong

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

2 out of several millions?

It is not like i can do that. My take is that at laest i still have weeks of gameplay. Plus, it is almost a week already. For other SP games, it would have been beating on the first day.

Plus, no one will be able to beat HARDCORE inferno for a long time.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Why would I be mad?  Not an MMO so I could care less what goes on in that game.  My only question is why does a non-MMO get so much play here on this site.  I wish the Mods would put a stop to it or I will start advocating MMORPG.com start covering Single Player RPG's or P&P RPG's.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

Energy Armor (Spell)

Focus your energies, increasing your Armor by 65%, but decreasing your maximum Arcane Power by 20. Last 120 sec.

Force Armor (Rune)

While Energy Armor is active, incoming attack that would deal more than 35% of your maximum Life are reduced to deal 35% of your maximum Life instead.

Galvanizing Armor (Passive)

Insreases the duration of your Armor spells my 120 seconds. As long as your Armor spell is active you gain 310 Life per second.

• Energy Armor
    • Ice Armor
    • Storm Armor

Stack Intelligence & stay under 7k maximum Life.

Get hit, full hp again in 2 seconds.

Harry Potter is now a tank.

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Originally posted by Zylaxx

Why would I be mad?  Not an MMO so I could care less what goes on in that game.  My only question is why does a non-MMO get so much play here on this site.  I wish the Mods would put a stop to it or I will start advocating MMORPG.com start covering Single Player RPG's or P&P RPG's.

Because it is the future of MMOs? A unapologetic reduction of MMOs to SP quests, and co-op instances .. which lots of MMOs are focusing on ANYWAY.

• BanaghranBanaghran Member Posts: 869

That's the exact problem.  I don't really care about the RMAH and hopefully will only ever use it to sell stuff.  But the entire economy, Gold and RM, will take a dive if everyone can just roll a wizard and farm lots in inferno.  It also has a major impact on the longevity of the game.

I'm just disappointed that Blizzard uttterly failed to balance their classes for inferno.  Melee got the hosed it appears.

This is the one thing i fear will not happen, "farming inferno", sure you may use some gimmick like the 35% low hp armor to complete the game, but arcane wallers will probably never ever become enjoyable, and its bad, its not a mmo with fixed loot tables.

BTW, who the hell thought it will be a good idea that bosses will be "events" like in wow, resetting if you wipe?!?

Flame on!

:)

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Meh. Everyone killing Inferno is using corpse teleports, rezes and town portals to make it through, no big deal. Let me know when someone HC inferno clears.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657

Why should I care that someone has completed a game when it has nothing to do with mine?

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

Because it is the future of MMOs? A unapologetic reduction of MMOs to SP quests, and co-op instances .. which lots of MMOs are focusing on ANYWAY.

You need to play GW2

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Blizzard has always been about catering to casual gamers so it is no surprise that hardcore gamers will easily beat their games. Number one reason why I dont buy Blizzard games, they are too easy.

• kompleksakikompleksaki Member Posts: 81
    Originally posted by jusomdude

I wouldn't call skipping almost every mob to the bosses beating it. In my eyes they really haven't beat it.

Many of the elite packs after act 1 get pretty tough to beat. But, as soon as my demon hunter beat hell, i went straight through all of act 1 inferno twice with not much problems. Act 2 took me a day to complete,without skiping any packs,but i died a lot. Currently working on clearing act 3, almost halfway through it, with not much problems either.But  i got lucky enough and found a 900+ dps crossbow at  mid act 2,which lets me nuke packs down before i run out of vanishes (smoke screen that  makes you immune to everything). I think i will have beaten inferno in a couple of days and i started playing 2 days after release.

Note that im getting oneshoted by everything ,but the vanish immunity is enough to dps everything down. So,yes it is possible to solo everything,but it takes a lot of time and deaths without the propper gear.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by Yamota

Blizzard has always been about catering to casual gamers so it is no surprise that hardcore gamers will easily beat their games. Number one reason why I dont buy Blizzard games, they are too easy.

I don't think this is fair to say...

Many Blizzard games are heavily structured around player vs. player competition.  Starcraft and Warcraft for example.  Sure, they have single player campaigns, but I think the games are primarily designed to be competitive.

And I don't think you could ever classify competitive multiplayer in Starcraft to be..."easy."

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

You guys need to go read the official diablo 3 forums. Many are complaining how difficult the game is.

Basically, you get 1-2 shot in inferno difficulty by elite packs, and people are debating builds.

Plus, the real action is really those packs which drop better loot than bosses (stated by blue).

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

The first group of guys that were going for the world first, and were actually ahead of everyone, pulled out when Blizz hotfixed an "exploit".  One of the guys said they hadn't slept in like 4 days, and played the game non stop to try and get the world first completion in it.

It wasn't finished by a group of guys who played for a few hours a day.  They literally played nonstop, every day, with next to no sleep. 

I'm very dissapointed that that there are people in the world that think a game is so important that they would do that to themselves.

Why do people even care?

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Diablo 3 isn't a MMO.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

When it comes to the main storyline i'm not disappointed that it was beaten already, i'm not really one of those players that follows that path exclusively throughout the gaming experience.

The thing that disappoints me the most is that the rest of the game is lacking in the random side quest and zone activities. It's like they gutted D2 in the making of D3, there used to be crazy amounts of things to do all over the place in D2 just waiting EVERY time you logged into the game and played solo. It was what made that game great and gave it it's hours of gameplay replayability.

I'm basing this off of my own experiences in playing D2, D3 and TL2 beta. TL2 beta so far has that D2 feel, there is a ton of stuff to do, the random generator is working overtime for YOUR enjoyment, they made it harder it's just what i expected D3 to be when i started to play it.

Unfortunately, i think Blizzard dropped the ball on this one, the game just feels like it's not going to last beyond 5 months in it's current state unless they add something we dunno about yet it's just not good.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

I'm disappointed because I was hoping the game would require a month or two of grinding, for the most dedicated players, to get the gear required to beat Diablo at inferno.  Sure they likely skipped lots of packs to do it, but that's another flaw with the system.  I've done the same thing in hell as I want to progress as far as I can and then when I get stuck I'll start grinding gear/gold and resists.  If they wanted people to kill all of the elite packs, they could have locked the exit to the next level until they died.  They probably should have done that rather than worry about the nephalim valor thing.

In the end it doesn't impact my enjoyment, but I was hoping for a really well tested and impossible inferno level for a while.