Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bard Class

New to the game and am starting a Bard on Isle of Dawn.  Anyone have any info on how the Bard is at levelling? - especially if I will end up most of the time solo due to time constraints.

Also - are there any good resources out there for the songs that can be created?  Was curious which ones end up being most popular/efficient to speed up my trial and error.

Thanks!

Comments

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

I don't know if VGBards still exist but you can try and google it

The first thing you will want to do is make some macros. You can make a macro that for instance will auto equip your drum and play your runspeed song at the same time, rather than hotkey all your instruments/armor/weapons. Same goes for combat songs and other gear.

As for how bards are at leveling. They are slow compared to other classes. With the use of charm + kiting it's doable but quite a few classes does a better job at both. Fighting toe to toe will give you a lot of downtime even with regen songs + a good instrument. After thirty it takes in my opinion too long to kill harder mobs with the use of kiting + dots+ charm+bow to the point its simply a matter of pulling your hair out.

The bard is an awesome class in many ways but it really only shines in groups. You never get the powerful feel of your own class/songs but others definitely will. Any halfway decent groupsetup will want to have a bard unless they are completely ignorant of the class or just new.

To sum it up, you will spend a lot of time kiting solo, where a class like the ranger does it 10x better.

• infensisinfensis Member Posts: 35

Thanks for the info.  I generally play a healer in games and am looking for something different to do.  Tried a rogue but it didn't take.  Not sure I want to do a tanking route and be a dread knight.

I'll pass on the Bard for now.  Maybe i'll try again down the road if I have some peeps to quest with.

• KnuppsKnupps Member Posts: 46

well the bard really is fine for solo xping. the solo kill speed is fast as you always have ur dps song with you. of course will have issues with group encounters as you are missing self heals, but xp vise soloing is quite viable.

the higher your bard gets, the more you will love your dps song. for groupplay bard really is incredible. u will not have issues finding a group : p

and playwise it's a very enjoyable class as well

basic songtipps for bard:

- most important dps components: anthem of war + harmony of war (harmony component stacks up, so use as many as u can in ur song)

- anthem of war does not stack with requiem of war. so leave requiem of war out of ur song unless u got some specific song without anthem

- aim for voice mod items, it's the most important mod for a bard as it affects your dps song components. (gearwise, solely the highest voice mod item will be considered, so wearing multiple voice mod items is of no use). could go for Hunters League chestpiece (lvl ~23), Bounty Hunter necklace (lvl ~33), Eaon's Mask (lvl ~40).

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

i played as a bard for 1 month. The class is VERY awsome and you can solo with ease, you must know what you are doing though, the music systems is awsome.... you build your skills with music elements that has different effects. At higher lvls you can do very cool stuff with your music, for you and for your party. 

One of the best class i ever played in a MMO, can't wait the F2P so i can log in again.