Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOL @ Lvl 80 "Boost"

2»

Comments

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by Dissolution

So, I have recently been getting ALOT of WoW spam for the expansion beta, this and that. Just received one where I was asked to come back with a couple of perks. Once of which was:

""A single character boosted to level 80"

This made me laugh. I had considered opening one of my accounts after years of cancelled time just as a pocket PvP MMO. However, free rides to 80? That killed any chance of me ever returning to WoW.

From what I remember you could practically level a toon from creation to max on a weekend. Free ride to 80?

Seriously?

Over reactive, and innacurate in regards to a weekend spent to hit 80.  C'mon man.  As far as the free level boost?  Why not?  It's a solo theme park game other than dungeon finder until you do hit end game.  Instead of enriching the level 1-60 experience, WoW went with expansion after expansion.  Shame that it worked on their population however.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Dissolution
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

Even with recruit a friend leveling bonus boost it would take more than a weekend to reach max level.

On average, no life leveling it, it would take you around a week or two to hit max level, thats with no job, and nothing else better to do at all.

When I make the statement "practically level a toon to max on a weekend" I am really being a little sarcastic. However, I do remember that with a full time job and two kids I was able to churn out max characters like it was a factory assembly line when I was playing. Point being, can you make an already easy game any easier? I doubt I could play this game anymore even if it went 100% F2P.

You must hate DAOC

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by keenber

I agree free lvl 80 is lauaghable  but then WoW dosnt require anybody to know there class as every situation is just a zerg anyway.

My daughter who is only 12 has been playing Wow for a while and as she isnt into the lvling thing and just wants to rp with her friends has used this free 80 pass and now goes on dungon quests with others and she is a cleric and nobody notices she dont heal anybody now that is laughable

Riiiight....

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

you people are dillusional if you think that wow still has 10 mil subs. Also commenting on wow being about group play is ridiculous. You level up 1-85 SOLO and run RANDOM dungeons with heirloomed retards that scream go go go and drop group on a dime. There is nothing wrong with marketing a free 80 but being so many of you have derailed what the OP is even expressing his opinion on, stop at least lying about the game nowadays. They have ONE raid you get to raid over and over again until your eyes bleed if you want progression. Its rather pathetic I leveled a death knight from 58-85 in a week and two weeks later im sitting at 398 gear score and I was in a dead guild and randomed just about everything. Group skills my ass, there is no group skills at all in wow.  Its a solo game all the way through dragon soul.