It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
This is for the people that played the beta and might be put off by some details they seen there.
I also was on the edge, but i said to my self : "with all the money invested and such team , Blizzard will probably adress that"
On the other hand Bioware also had lot of money and good team, but they came up with SWTOR ...
So how did this pan up for Blizzard ?
My main problems with beta :
1. Low resolution textures
2. Antialiasing not functioning properly (jagged lines)
3. Not much randomisation (maps and quests)
4. Not much monster variety
5. Animations problems
6. Game being piss easy
So how did it pan out ?
1. Glad to say textures are now really high res - the game looks AWESOME!
2. Antialiasing is working
3. Randomatization is in, and its awesome ! I found several caves and dungeons just casually strolling (huge) overland maps - and dungeons all have completely different layouts (Like one was flooded cavern with just long corridors)
4. Crazy monster variety , with some impressive monster skills ( I found pack of scavengers that knocked me all over the map)
5. Animations are now fully in , and they look great
6. And last but not least - They said the game is supposed to be easy on normal. Well , i got my ass handed to me by several bosses allready... nuff said
All in all
The game is extremely expensive. It has most annoying DRM (always on). It has RMAH
But is it worth it ?
HELL YES !
One thing that i found pretty amazing is the ammount of lore and story. Every monster you see will spawn a little voiced story explaining the monster. And ammount of unrelated lore stories is also huge. You will find it everywere. And its all delivered in way that it does not stop you from playing.
Also, you have cinematics tailored for every character you play and its sex... pretty impressive