Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.COM Forum Moderators Are Idiots

ColdSunColdSun Member Posts: 210

Hi guys!  So here is a post I jokingly put in one of the bajillon Diablo III posts today.  It was purely meant to cause people to laugh and wasn't personal.  I guess one of the MMORPG.COM moderators took the day off today...  Anyhow, after this account gets banned, please stick this website up your ass.  I won't be back. :)

Dear ColdSun,

You have been issued a warning by one of our moderators.

Warning Category: Trolling

Reason: Posting excessive negative comments or baiting others to respond in a negative manner is considered trolling on the MMORPG.com forums.

This warning was generated from the following post on our discussion forum:

Thread: The wait is over...now u must wait even more!

Below is the content of the post:

------------------------------------------------

LOL to people who took a day off work. Reading the forums today is even better than getting in the game. :)

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4995828#4995828

Note: If the thread or post has been deleted you will not be able to view it. The above link might not work.

Thank you,

The Staff

MMORPG.COM

If you believe you recieved this in error or would like more information please respond to this message or send an email with the details to [email protected]

----

Bye bye MMORPG! :)

ColdSun

Comments

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I've had warnings redacted when they are as lame as this one, maybe twice. You should have bitched in a private email to the admin, rather than to the rest of us.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• ColdSunColdSun Member Posts: 210

Maybe so, but it rubbed me the wrong way.  At this point once I get banned I'm done with this site for good.  Thanks for the reply and good luck. :)

ColdSun

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

LOL to people who took a day off work. Reading the forums today is even better than getting in the game. :)

People like you do not belong on gaming forums.  Good night sir.

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

I couldn't help but notice you forgot to delete your account. Serious rage quitters always delete their accounts. You must not be too serious about it now are you?

Seriously though... Getting this bent out of shape over a warning? If you don't think it's fair the correct thing to do is to get the Community Manager to look into it and possibly get it retracted not rage on the open forums about it.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

What I want to know is which moderators are handing out warnings like Halloween candy, and why do they still have that position?  I frequent serveral message boards, and I've never been warned a single time yet here I've been warned upwards of 5 times and temporarily banned once.  One time I was banned, I sent an email to the community manager and had my warning revoked.  Seeing as it looks like others were able to do the same, the moderation is clearly out of hand.

This discussion has been closed.