Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard's Titan MMO Rumor

MeliezaMelieza Member Posts: 269

Have you guys seen this?

http://www.blizzmmo.com/topic/48-blizzards-titan-and-ensembles-cancelled-titan/

Apparently a game studio called Ensemble was making an MMO also code named Titan.  When Ensemble cancelled the project and disbanded, many of the employees went to Blizzard.  It's rumored that Blizzard's new MMO is sort of a reawakening of Ensemble's.

Screenshots from Ensemble's Titan: http://www.blizzmmo.com/gallery/album/6-ensembles-titan-mmo/

We know Blizzard's Titan is going to be sci-fi, and this is sci fi, and the other evidence supports it a lot.  I think it's very possible.

Comments

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

Well the MMO Ensemble was working on (while owned by Microsoft) was based on the Halo/Marthon IP (as you can clearly see by those screens.

So I suppose its not to far fetched to think that Blizzard could be working with Microsoft on a Halo MMO....

....But at the same time I don't think its likely, I remember Blizzard stating that their sci-fi game was going to be based on a new IP (not starcraft or something of that sort), which would also rule out the Halo IP.

That and it just doesn't seem like Blizzards "style" to work on/under someone else's IP.

So we'll have to see...

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

their new IP could mean an IP they have never been associated with

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

see i posted months back it was a halo mmo for the 720 and no one beleived me.

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

I've heard this HALO rumor going around since the Titan name was leaked.

I still think its highly unlikely its a Halo MMO, Halo just does not attract the audience for MMOs, it would be a waste of IP.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

Would have thought World of starcraft would have been the way forward for them if they wanted a sci-fi title.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

Why use someone elses IP and lose out on the profits?  Blizzard is perfectly capable of creating their own IPs and keeping all of the profits to themselves.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Why would Blizzard licence someone elses IP for their new MMO ? They already own the strongest IP in the MMO world, along with one of the best known brand names in gaming (i.e. "Blizzard").

Why give up both profits and control if you don't have to ?

We all know the advertising machine behind WOW. Harnessing that awesome budget to promote their next MMO will be a certainty, so you can bet that even the Saharan nomads will know when Blizz start cranking-up that promo engine... :D

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345

World of Warcraft-d Halo?  I hope this isn't true.  Was hoping Titan would be something a little more.... Epic and revolutionary. Judging from those game screens that game in question looks like it lacks soul (for lack of better words). I do realize that is most likely a very early build. I quit playing WoW years ago because I got bored of the formula and now I don't have time to play games that require as much of my free time to do repetitive or menial tasks.  I see the MMO genere shifting from the WoW formula of gear and quest grinding and I hope that Blizz can be innovative and doesn't go the way that Kodak went. Kodak invented the digital camera but then couldn't innovate and now bankrupt.  

Here's a good article from Forbes about Kodak:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesleadershipforum/2012/01/24/think-your-business-couldnt-end-up-like-kodak-think-again/

And no, I'm not saying WoW is going to fail anytime soon. Just an observation reguarding potential hazzards of Blizz's next mmo playing it a little too safe and sticking to a "tried and true" mmo model that a lot of people are burned out on. 

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

why would they make a PC mmo, and divide their palyers across two mmos.  Its will be for the 720.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

why would they make a PC mmo, and divide their palyers across two mmos.  Its will be for the 720.

Because there are different sub-genres of MMO. They currently have the lion's share of the Fantasy MMO market, but there is a market for Sci-Fi as well, which apparently is what Titan is targetting.

• KertKert Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

Because World of Warcraft owes them nothing at this point, they've milked that cow for years and it's time to try something new would be my bet. Even if Blizzard released a whole new MMO tomorrow, it still wouldn't be a "WoW Killer". Would be very succesful I'm sure, but WoW would continue to run.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Ensemble Studios also made the Age of Empire series. Don't be suprised if Blizzard's next mmo is a scifi mmorts.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

Blizzards new MMORPG will be based off Richard A. Knaaks relatively new series; Runekeepers, mark my words. Check out some excerpts, it fits perfectly to the minor leaks that have been given out.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

What I see is Bungie + Blizzard = World of Starcraft.  Companies deny rumors all the time, and later disclose the rumor was correct.

Just speculation of course.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • ValuaValua Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by Neherun

Blizzards new MMORPG will be based off Richard A. Knaaks relatively new series; Runekeepers, mark my words. Check out some excerpts, it fits perfectly to the minor leaks that have been given out.

I very much doubt that.

Like others have said, why would Blizzard want to use soemone elses IP, they will then have to pay others but themselves.

Blizzard will create an IP all by themselves, they are more than capable of doing so, and keep all the profits.

Blizzard WILL NOT use anyone else's IP. Runekeepers or Halo would be great, but they would never do it.

• Mage_FrancisMage_Francis Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by Dewm

That and it just doesn't seem like Blizzards "style" to work on/under someone else's IP.

Before Warcraft and Starcraft Blizzard tried to get the Wawrhammer IP, but Game Workshops didn't give it to them.  This is why Starcraft and Warcraft have such a similar art istic style as Warhammer.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Isnt one of the rumors that microsoft is buying blizzard? so they could very well be making halo online o.o

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Castillle

Isnt one of the rumors that microsoft is buying blizzard? so they could very well be making halo online o.o

Microsoft and Disney have *no* interest in buying Blizzard

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/vivendi-struggling-to-sell-activision-blizzard-14023

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

I can only speculate here...but they have a very strong IP in starcraft. and we of course have been playing the warcraft MMO for many years. it's a starcraft MMO don't live in a dream world. they would make so much money if they based it on their own IP

It's World Of StarCraft (WOSC) or starcraft universe (SCUV)

I will bet real life money on it man you wait and see.