Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about Returning

Mamora59Mamora59 Member Posts: 17

Hello all!

So i have a few questions. I have an account but i havent touched it since 2009.

I have no idea what has changed or if its even worth coming back.

1. Is there any chance that i can put my account onto a trial even though my account already exists? I just want to try things out for a period of time before i sub  again. I already have a character but i have no idea what i specialized in or what even ships i have.

2. Is it a good time to come back? Whats there to do? what should i do? i mean hear/see all these great battles happening and its like ya know i wanna be one of those guys who has big ships and stuff. I mean why not? lol

Any info would be awesome. Thanks guys/girls.

Comments

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468

Originally posted by Mamora59

Hello all!

So i have a few questions. I have an account but i havent touched it since 2009.

I have no idea what has changed or if its even worth coming back.

1. Is there any chance that i can put my account onto a trial even though my account already exists? I just want to try things out for a period of time before i sub  again. I already have a character but i have no idea what i specialized in or what even ships i have.

2. Is it a good time to come back? Whats there to do? what should i do? i mean hear/see all these great battles happening and its like ya know i wanna be one of those guys who has big ships and stuff. I mean why not? lol

Any info would be awesome. Thanks guys/girls.

1) Dunno but I doubt it, I don't think you can do that on an already created account. If you could, people would be spamming that all the time to get free game time.

2) There's ALWAYS stuff to do, you just have to try and get into a like-minded corp/alliance to do so. If you want to see those great battles and get involved with the really "big" ships, you'll have to push yourself into Nullsec. But, if you have the determination to push yourself, plan out accordingly and take the risks, nothing should really stop you.

Good luck.

Where's the any key?

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

1. No.

2. Plenty.

As to 1.  Your options are just start a free trial.  That's two weeks (3 through Steam still?) that you can poke around on a new char.  Or just pay the $15 and get 30 days on your old char.

As to 2.  Yeah, if you're that uncertain i'd do the trial thing.  They've added a number of "career" tutorials (that you can also access with your main account if you go that route) which you can get a feel for what you want to try and/or do.  How long did you play originally?  Said "big" ships, ie Capitals, take a while to get into regardless although a Battleship doesn't take too long.

Ahh the sandbox, so much to do.

GL HF and Fly Safe.  o7

k

• gaugemewgaugemew Member Posts: 158

In short.

Crafting and economy are still some of the best you can get.

There are still little to no themepark elements or direction in the game.

PvP is either humping stargates and stations, or massive scale pvp battles.  There is still nothing for the person in between those two points.

Pretty much sums up EvE.

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468

Originally posted by gaugemew

In short.

Crafting and economy are still some of the best you can get.

There are still little to no themepark elements or direction in the game.

PvP is either humping stargates and stations, or massive scale pvp battles.  There is still nothing for the person in between those two points.

Pretty much sums up EvE.

To that part in red: Wrongo-mc-wrong-wrong. Solo PvP is still alive and well, as is small gang warfare away from gates and stations. I've done both in the last two months myself. You just have to go find it, or make it for yourself.

Where's the any key?

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400

Its probably the best time to return as you will probably get 60 days free if you subscribe one month. So 90 days for the cost of one, will help you decide what EvE is now.

For me, still the only place where you can feel you are part of something larger than your will to play.

But then again, thats the only catch with EVE: if you play alone or with no friends you will get bored quickly...

Nothing much to do...

Well..or you can try this https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=6408

• Mamora59Mamora59 Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by Clerigo

Its probably the best time to return as you will probably get 60 days free if you subscribe one month. So 90 days for the cost of one, will help you decide what EvE is now.

For me, still the only place where you can feel you are part of something larger than your will to play.

But then again, thats the only catch with EVE: if you play alone or with no friends you will get bored quickly...

Nothing much to do...

Well..or you can try this https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=6408

I was hoping they had a special or something but they dont : (

Only special is that 3 months for $40. I'm not convinced yet but ill keep looking around. Maybe they will have a sub special or something. $15 for 2 months or more would be nice.