Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everyone loves analogies

paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363

Here is my opinion in the form of an analogy.

My wife and I own 2 Chevy's.  One is a 2000 Blazer and one is a 2006 Monte Carlo.

The 2006 Monte Carlo is a better more advanced vehicle.

When we decide to buy another new Chevy (Next year) my expectation is it will be a better more advanced vehicle that the 2000 Chevy AND the 2006 Chevy.

If it is not a better more advanced vehicle, we will get something else that is not a Chevy.

You see, if my expectations are not met, I will find a vehicle that will meet our expectations.

If no vehicle can meet our expectations, we will look for a used Blazer or a used Monte Carlo until a car company makes a new vehicle that meets our expectations.

Our expectations are not inflated, we simply expect a better more modern vehicle than the ones we bought  12  or 6 years ago.

Thank you for your time.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

Comments

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

Your analogy only works if the 2000 Blazer or the 2006 Monte Carlo where flawless models.

But in reality the 2000 Blazer had a too small gear transmition for the raw power of the engine, which leads in breakdowns and whole gearbox replacements after 60.000 miles.

The Carlo had an interior design flaw which made entering and exiting flawed and annoying since you would always bump against the wheel. The electric circulars of the interior having poor materials end up in a service round at your mechanic every 3 weeks. Till after one year they tear the whole system appart and replace the main wireing. The breaks were designed to large and used up way to fast every 5.000 miles, the left break even errode because of poor material choice again.

Now i would expect the 2012 Carlo to have improved and learned from the mistakes. MAYBE..and that's just a maybe it had a facelift which appeals more to the current times. But i fully expect to not bump into the wheel anymore and my breaks lasting for at least 20.000 mile like they should when i buy a different car anywhere.

But the new 2012 Carlo, has a complete engine breakdown after 50 miles, leaking oil, and uses 30% more fuel Oh and now the wheel and the middle console bump into me when i man the seat.

But this is as far as this analogy can go. If a car manufacturer sees the eroding parts, he will offer you a free replacement within service agreements. The 2013 model will have the new parts included.

Guess what mmos do not.

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

I think everyone loves analogies that clarify rather than confuse xD

• djmtottdjmtott Member Posts: 177

Originally posted by paulytheb

You know that analogy about opinions?

• TyvolusNextTyvolusNext Member Posts: 192

My wife and I own 2 Chevy's.  One is a 2000 Blazer and one is a 2006 Monte Carlo.

When we decide to buy another new Chevy (Next year) my expectation is it will be a better more advanced vehicle that the 2000 Chevy AND the 2006 Chevy.

If it is not a better more advanced vehicle, we will get something else that is not a Chevy.

You see, if my expectations are not met, I will find a vehicle that will meet our expectations.

If no vehicle can meet our expectations, we will look for a used Blazer or a used Monte Carlo until a car company makes a new vehicle that meets our expectations.

Our expectations are not inflated, we simply expect a better more modern vehicle than the ones we bought  12  or 6 years ago.

Thank you for your time.

...and this is why I am STILL playing EVERQUEST.  Also, your kinda preaching to the choir here as far as I am concerned, but maybe thats just me.

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

I'm a Ford man myself.

-Just saying

-Toll over

• Darklighter1Darklighter1 Member UncommonPosts: 250

I LOL'ed at poor attempt at wit.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Thank you for your time.

Can I get a refund for my time?  All this did was make my brain hurt.