Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch size after box install?

mayh3mmayh3m Member UncommonPosts: 79

Hi all.

Been thinking about grabbing Tera Online. But I see that it is a 25GB install. So I have a question?

If I buy a retail boxed copy, how big is the patch that I will have to download to be able to get online?

My current internet solution is junk so I do not want to buy a game then spend a week or more patching 25GB if the discs are just an installer. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance.

Current: BDO
Looking forward to: Crowfall & Chronicles of Elyria

Comments

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

I don't recall exactly and there have been a couple patches since launch, but I would say it should be 1-3 gigs most likely, certainly no more than 5.

• mayh3mmayh3m Member UncommonPosts: 79

Nice so the box actually includes several dvds then with the bulk of the install. Well that is good news.

Current: BDO
    Looking forward to: Crowfall & Chronicles of Elyria

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Originally posted by augustgrace

I don't recall exactly and there have been a couple patches since launch, but I would say it should be 1-3 gigs most likely, certainly no more than 5.

My tera folder is like 27 gigs right now.  25.0 GB (26,945,011,712 bytes) ...not sure if i cant read or if windows is generous on the rounding down...i see 26.9 gigs however.

I dont recall the game having a significant post-install patching process from the digital download.

I would bank on the 2 gigs extra i have in my folder as the patches...