Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuBuying Neocron

REDM/\NREDM/\N Member Posts: 2

Hi am am getting neoron in a short time and i would like to know what am i able to do in the game....i have read about it alot and think it sounds awsome but i need people that have played the game to tell me what its like.

Tnx

Comments

• freebassxfreebassx Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by REDM/N
    Hi am am getting neoron in a short time and i would like to know what am i able to do in the game....i have read about it alot and think it sounds awsome but i need people that have played the game to tell me what its like.
    Tnx

The game has a lot of pluses, but a lot of minuses.

Somethings to look forware to:

- The game is probably the best FPS mmorpg, that isn't a glorified Quake game (like PS) though some Op fights can look like it at times.

- The leveling system is great.. No one large XP pool. Depending what you do, and how you do it. The XP is split up to their relative attribute.

- Lots of neat places to see, and secret areas to find.

- OP fights are the best ever! I've moved on to other games, and I still say that all the other games fights pale in comparison to a good ol' OP war.

- Strong emphasis on clans. When you can, get in with a good clan.. they'll help ya out when needed.

- Good multitude of (sub-)classes.. Essentially there is 4 primary classes, but each class will be sub-classed depending on how ya spec it out.

Somethings to look out for:

- BUGGY.. the game is plagued with lots of bugs. Lots of FREs and unexpected crashes out of the game which can be a big piss off, if in the middle of an OP fight.

- Childish Community - The game is rampant with young kids and egos. Best way to survive in the beginning, stay out of the forums, and ignore PUBLIC comm. Public comm is typically trash talk, and SPAM++. Yes, there is a fair amount of adults who play the game, most of them are decent but you get the odd one that is a jackass.

- Patches - Don't complain about late patches or patches being needed. The dev team prioritizes whats needed, and releases them "When they are done".

- Payment system: Click2Pay is the worst payment vendor around. A lot of people including myself had nothing but problems, between "unable to authorize contact info" to "unvalid credit card". C2P is way more buggy than the game. But granted, they've implimented Pay-By-Cash now.

- Low English Population - Recently, I've been reading complaints from Terra players about the low population on the ONLY English server.

- Server problems - The Terra server is plagued with faulty hardware and has a tendency of hiccuping. Now granted this could be fixed, but I still reports about random stuff goes missing from peoples apts or inventory.

• Dirk_GentlyDirk_Gently Member Posts: 193

Also remember to get Neocron 2 as some unscrupulous people are still selling the boxed version of the first game.

A good wife deserves more than half the praise, just as a bad one deserves more than half the blame. - Tacitus

• ezzaezza Member Posts: 88
    if you need additional help, you might want to check the offical forms out at forum.neocron.com though some people who play still post here from time to time
  • -FN--FN- Member Posts: 65

And you can always head to http://nc.synergyxr.net/ for in-game info like item stats, epic run info, and more : )