Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Appearance Variety

ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

I really hope AA has a huge amount of paint jobs, effects, whatever to add to your cars and characters.

Has anyone played AC1? The loot generation is one of the best things about the game. It ends up with almost none of the characters looking the same. I'm not talking just slight differences in colors. There are numerous armor and weapon styles that in addition to dyes makes for a huge variety in apperances. Plus, the loot is really unique (ie. no one will probably ever have the same item as you).

With games now and days there are plenty of items to go around. The problem is the GOOD items are usually very limited. There are usually only one or two styles of the best equipment. Even if you can dye the equipment the over all look is still the same. Players end up looking extremely similar and using identical items (stat wise).

There needs to be an extremely large selection of good items!

AC1 just does such a good job with items/armor/weapons and I'd like to see it emulated more often. It's hard to describe if you haven't played and I don't want to go into a ton of examples. I just hope AA won't disappoint me in this area like recent games have.

Numerous different races and classes isn't a solution to this when the fact still stands there are only one or two sets of uber equipment to choose from. People among their respective classes still look the same in the end.

My solution is a large variety of high quality items that aren't race or class restricted. A vast variety of appearance is born.

(Sorry for the redundency, just wanted to get my point across. I really like my character to LOOK and be one of a kind.)