Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Treasure maps!

The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

http://www.gw2db.com/items/36263-treasure-map-s

Now that's something I'm waiting for a game to replicate since I've played Ultima Online... let's hope they do it properly. I'm definitely looking forward to have more info about this.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
Respect, walk
Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
- PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
Yes, they are back !

Comments

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

And knowing Anets sense of humour it will be a cupcake buried under the X.  cupcakes for everyone. :P

• MNZebaMNZeba Member Posts: 254

wow! This is awesome! I can't wait to hear more about it too. Thanks for the link.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Originally posted by MNZeba

wow! This is awesome! I can't wait to hear more about it too. Thanks for the link.

Yeh it is a cool idea, though it isnt new to the guild wars series as they had map pieces in GWEN, I didn't know about this,seems I learn something new every week about GW2.

• MNZebaMNZeba Member Posts: 254

Originally posted by biggarfoot

Originally posted by MNZeba

Yeh it is a cool idea, though it isnt new to the guild wars series as they had map pieces in GWEN, I didn't know about this,seems I learn something new every week about GW2.

I bought eye of the north but never got to it. I really need to go back.

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

Originally posted by The_Korrigan

Now that's something I'm waiting for a game to replicate since I've played Ultima Online... let's hope they do it properly. I'm definitely looking forward to have more info about this.

WTF,  stuff to do besides combat.  Who would have thunk it. :D

BOOYAKA!

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by cyress8

The description says, "Treasure Event".  There might still be combat involved, perhaps when the owner of said treasure appears and turns out to be a champion dragonspawn or something, defending it's coveted cupcakes.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Originally posted by Unlight

Originally posted by cyress8

The description says, "Treasure Event".  There might still be combat involved, perhaps when the owner of said treasure appears and turns out to be a champion dragonspawn or something, defending it's coveted cupcakes.

even onultima you had to fight in some treasure, be it the guardian or just to get there, but I guess its a plus you don't have to make a sole char for treasure hunting(because you had to have your skill in a certain lvl )

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

"Not Found"

v.v

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Originally posted by Jyiiga

"Not Found"

v.v

Opps hehe they are still working on their site :)

It was a treasure map item in game which adds a location on your world map and where you can spawn a "treasure map event" after finding it in which everybody around can participate.

Very similar to UO treasure maps.

Originally posted by alkarionlog

even onultima you had to fight in some treasure, be it the guardian or just to get there, but I guess its a plus you don't have to make a sole char for treasure hunting(because you had to have your skill in a certain lvl )

What is nice is that you can bring your guild mates and spawn a sort of "private" event where everybody gets rewarded (assuming it works like any other event). I love the idea, I'm one of those who always collect mini pets and stuff and offer them to guildies when I can :)

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

"Not Found"

v.v

It was a treasure map item in game which adds a location on your world map and where you can spawn a "treasure map event" after finding it in which everybody around can participate.

What is nice is that you can bring your guild mates and spawn a sort of "private" event where everybody gets rewarded (assuming it works like any other event). I love the idea, I'm one of those who always collect mini pets and stuff and offer them to guildies when I can :)

That sounds fun! I thought the WoW archaeology system would be fun too before it came out and boy was I disappointed!  GW2 gets more and more fun! I hope I can do some mini-games next WBE.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

"Not Found"

v.v

lol for what 5 years we have hoped that developers would get it, now Anet come along and just well get everything right - have they made a pact with the devil?! 

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

I like where this is heading. Now I need to keep popping in until the link works.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Here's the cached page from google:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:diWuBDV_XZEJ:www.gw2db.com/items/36263-treasure-map-s+

I've seen a video too a while ago, and it really seems to work like UO treasure maps, but I can't seem to find that video again :(

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !