Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera...Another $50.....Gone!

2»

Comments

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136

Originally posted by mastersomrat

I also didn't even get a key.  The combat is great...wish more game were like this (though the whole hotkey thing take a little getting used to).  My main issue is that while the combat is great, everything else (crafting) is boring. So, there nothing else to do.  I still play, but the whole time I play, I have this thought in the back of my head thinking - while the combat is cool, at some point, it's going to get boring and then what?

Anyone know of a game which has much to do?  I know about WoW already (played for years) and VG (waiting to see how the P2W thing goes).

There are going to be people reading this that like yourself had no idea about the game beforehand.  I'm asking this on their behalf:

So you fought some things, got to the main city at 11 and didn't like the crafting, yes? Can I assume that you took the few days you played, assumed what the rest was going to be like and now come here with a anecdote? I just don't see what the point of this thread is.  From what you have provided one could easily say you never even played TERA.

I personally don't care and your time is your own but those that will be pondering the 50.00 deserve better.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by Kyleran

5 closed betas where the keys were handed around like water and two weekends of open beta where anyone could try the game and somehow you got "suckered?" I call shenanigan's however if true I've a nice ski lodge here in Florida to offer you at a fair price.

Lol, how true.^^

I had the chance to beta play and see it wasn't for me.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

TERA is just tasteless, the game content except the combat is poor and the Asian art style just won't sale.

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308

Originally posted by Umirshand

Played the beta...I didn't see anything ground breaking here and decided not to put out the cash...this time hehe. Combat was cool along with massive pvp events. But it simply felt uninspired to me. I bought $50 worth of beer instead :)

You were probably better off buying the game, beer is bad for you. 

Hi

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Originally posted by Painlezz

How long will $50 dollars in beer entertain you?  

An hour or two, depending on what strip club I'm at.

• Rikus25Rikus25 Member Posts: 82

LOL I am with you on that. Here is my impression of Tera so far....It's pretty. Thats it. I want my money back so bad. Its a regrettable purchase.

• Ricket2012Ricket2012 Member Posts: 3

Seriously lore is just one small page ...

http://tera.enmasse.com/game-guide/lore

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by Deron_Barak

Originally posted by mastersomrat

I also didn't even get a key.  The combat is great...wish more game were like this (though the whole hotkey thing take a little getting used to).  My main issue is that while the combat is great, everything else (crafting) is boring. So, there nothing else to do.  I still play, but the whole time I play, I have this thought in the back of my head thinking - while the combat is cool, at some point, it's going to get boring and then what?

Anyone know of a game which has much to do?  I know about WoW already (played for years) and VG (waiting to see how the P2W thing goes).

There are going to be people reading this that like yourself had no idea about the game beforehand.  I'm asking this on their behalf:

So you fought some things, got to the main city at 11 and didn't like the crafting, yes? Can I assume that you took the few days you played, assumed what the rest was going to be like and now come here with a anecdote? I just don't see what the point of this thread is.  From what you have provided one could easily say you never even played TERA.

I personally don't care and your time is your own but those that will be pondering the 50.00 deserve better.

Thing is though, he's right.  There isn't much past the combat to pull one into this game aside from the pretty graphics and world pvp.  My question to you Deron, oh White Knight of Tera, what other aspects of the game are there to look forward to.  You cannot say BAMS an dungeons because most games have dungeons and BAMS are just elite elites that require a full party( for the most part).  The crafting is atrocious and costs an arm and a leg just to skill it up.  So....what else is there?  I truly am curious as all anyone has to do is look at what Korea has in the endgame and see what we have to look forward to, which to me, seems like more of the same.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

sorry you think you wasted $50 OP.i,m sure like the rest of us you have wasted a lot more than that on games..in fact you probably spend twice that and more on a night on the piss..so it begs the question,why the thread.Tera should grab you when you start the game,but it does'nt,it starts getting you hooked about lvl 20+.thats the only downside.please excuse me now, i got to waste £200 on hookers,byeeee.