Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Andddddd back to where it all began

LordEricLordEric Member UncommonPosts: 28

I think the biggest question for myself is this:
I've just graduated college and working part-time (that mixes full time depending on the week) for the entirety of the summer before I begin my masters program. With that being said, I could have a lot of free time on my hands.

Do. I. Want. to. Return. to. World. of. Warcraft?

I haven't been able to decide much recently; and don't know if it's worth going back into. TERA looks cool, but it just doesn't seem like my slice of cake. Guild Wars 2 looks amazing, but not sure how I feel about that either. Nothing seems as complete and growing as WoW does after a while.

Comments

• SlyGamer79SlyGamer79 Member Posts: 278

No on returning to WoW wait for GW2,Diablo3 ect...

PSN-SlyFox5679
    Xfire-Slyfox5679
    raptr-slygamer1979

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Naa dont go back to WoW, nothings changedm their are alot of good MMO's out and that are gonna release over the next month.

Try all the betas :)

• AiriannaSAiriannaS Member Posts: 6

wow has a ton of content lol ;)

• AiriannaSAiriannaS Member Posts: 6

oh, and great pve

• Tomm-eTomm-e Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by AiriannaS

That no one plays....

Want to do any other raid? No screw you, Dragon Soul, Dragon Soul.....

Will say it has good PvP but to a limited extent, well for my tastes.

stylin'

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Funny how you even put GW2 in same sentence as WoW and then don't know if you wanne play WoW(TOTALLY DIFFERENT GAME) or Guild Wars 2 thats fresh and totally different then WoW and you even say GW2 is amazing lol. Are you for real or just baiting?

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Originally posted by Tomm-e

Originally posted by AiriannaS

That no one plays....

Want to do any other raid? No screw you, Dragon Soul, Dragon Soul.....

Will say it has good PvP but to a limited extent, well for my tastes.

Find a different server?

The last two servers I've played on regularly run WoTLK, BC and vanilla WoW raids for achievements, transmogs, and mounts.

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111

Well, Guild Wars 2 isn't going to be released anytime soon. My guess would be for a release long time after summer. And the beta itself is only two days a week at one per month with a total of two announced betas (they already had one). Though they have said they might change it depending on beta feedback. I.e. no use looking at GW2 if you only have time during the summer.

World of Warcraft isn't really what it used to be back in the The Burning Crusade or even Wrath of the Lich King days. It's much more casual now and no longer requires those dedicated long hours a day to actually be anywhere competant in that game. So if you're worried you'll become addicted I wouldn't be too worried about that.

I'm not much into MMO's anymore myself so I can't really recommend anything.

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Originally posted by Parasect

Well, Guild Wars 2 isn't going to be released anytime soon. My guess would be for a release long time after summer. And the beta itself is only two days a week at one per month with a total of two announced betas (they already had one). Though they have said they might change it depending on beta feedback. I.e. no use looking at GW2 if you only have time during the summer.

World of Warcraft isn't really what it used to be back in the The Burning Crusade or even Wrath of the Lich King days. It's much more casual now and no longer requires those dedicated long hours a day to actually be anywhere competant in that game. So if you're worried you'll become addicted I wouldn't be too worried about that.

And that is a problem? We are talking about a video game, not a job, the OP has a lifetime ahead for WORKING.

And as far as people not playing the content, that is a bit of BS I think, at least on my server, our guild does weekly runs in all sorts of places, old and new. There is plenty to do in that game and a lot of people doing it, contrary to what people and their agendas might say...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I like WoW and am currently subbed, don't play as much as I used to, but it's still a good game.  However, GW2 is going to crush it, for me at least.  GW2 has that magic that I felt when I played WoW at launch.  Haven't felt that in a long time.  No release date for GW2 so you might as well play something you enjoy.  Me, I tend to hop around MMOs, some of them being F2P hybrids makes that easier.  Like Rift, Lotro, AoC and so forth.

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111

Originally posted by Slampig

Originally posted by Parasect

And that is a problem? We are talking about a video game, not a job, the OP has a lifetime ahead for WORKING.

And as far as people not playing the content, that is a bit of BS I think, at least on my server, our guild does weekly runs in all sorts of places, old and new. There is plenty to do in that game and a lot of people doing it, contrary to what people and their agendas might say...

I wasn't attacking the game or even saying anything remotely negative. I was simply stating how different the game is from back then. If some people want to raid and spend hours the option is still there and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. However, if you don't have the time and just want to play on your own time (such as the original poster).. you can... and you'll still be pretty damn good at the game.

So, no, it's not a problem. In fact I think that's awesome. image

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Same boat as you, dude. I'm not in the mood to drop money on any new game or sub to an old one, I tried GW2 and the others just aren't cutting it for me now. Except, even GW2 is, on the most optimistic side, a few months away (more likely MANY months away, except for weekend events) so I'm...well...bored.

I've been entertaining myself with my console games. A while ago I accidentally killed my ps3's hard drive and now all my games are "New" again, since no saves exist and I was always too lazy to backup anything. Lesson learned. I've been keeping an eye on some f2p games to try when they release, but I'm pessimistic any of them will hold my attention.

So bored v-v

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Before you do anything  GO HERE

http://www.thesecretworld.com/

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Originally posted by LordEric

I think the biggest question for myself is this:

I've just graduated college and working part-time (that mixes full time depending on the week) for the entirety of the summer before I begin my masters program. With that being said, I could have a lot of free time on my hands.

Do. I. Want. to. Return. to. World. of. Warcraft?

I haven't been able to decide much recently; and don't know if it's worth going back into. TERA looks cool, but it just doesn't seem like my slice of cake. Guild Wars 2 looks amazing, but not sure how I feel about that either. Nothing seems as complete and growing as WoW does after a while.

DONT GO BACK TO WOW !!!!!!!!

play D3 while GW2 isnt ready and be happy !