Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I might give this game a chance.

Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
This game looks great, and since I don't want to pay money for Tera, I'm looking at this game as an alternative since I've read that it's basically the same in terms of quality and action combat.  Anyone know when it's being released?

Comments

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540
    It's on my radar, but I'm totally undecided right now.  Plus, my gaming cup runneth over as it is.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by Unlight

It's on my radar, but I'm totally undecided right now.  Plus, my gaming cup runneth over as it is.

True, true.  Like most other MMOs or games in general for the foreseeable future, if they don't come out before GW2, I'll be getting them from a Steam bargain bin a long time from now.

Well.. except RaiderZ since it's free, but it might still be on Steam.

• VeshiVeshi Member UncommonPosts: 32

I played this in 1 of its beta phases, i then tried Tera. This game hands down does combat better, i found the game very grindy though which im not a fan of but realy enjoyed the combat> I went to tera expecting the same but was shocked at how clunky combat felt after playing this game, was very disapointed, everytime i swung my sword my character was rooted to the ground, just felt wrong.

Hmm.  Yeah I hear that a lot about Tera.  I don't recall it being a big issue when I played but I didn't play that long.  It's going to be one of its downfalls in light of smoother combat in other games coming out around the same time.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Originally posted by Eir_S

This game looks great, and since I don't want to pay money for Tera, I'm looking at this game as an alternative since I've read that it's basically the same in terms of quality and action combat.  Anyone know when it's being released?

According to this interview with Mark Hill the producer no date set but near future Q2 (May/June) for the closed beta, Q3 (July-Sept) for open beta/release.

Raiderz Interview: Combat, Monster Hunting, and more

6:28 minutes in.

Cool, thanks!