Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

god i regret installing this

Bigl99Bigl99 Member Posts: 19
I got the game for free. Wasted a bunch of time installing and getting the patch i havnt even got into a fight yet and i already hate it. The Entire movment system is retarded your characters look so stupid when they turn i honestly dont see how people can play this. I looked at some vid and alot of screen shots i thougth the game looked amazing. But now that ive actuly played it i hate it more then any other game ive ever played. Ya iam sure alot of people will say dont make up your decision till youve actuly played the game. But the thing is with the movement system they have i cant even last mroe then 10 mintues. But what ever this is just my opinion

*discuss*

Gamer Tag: Rusty99, BigL99

Comments

• softscent40softscent40 Member UncommonPosts: 10

the game isn't hard to figure out an but any means is not dum i played L2 since closed beta an thinks  ur dum for for feeling this way  give it a chance an learn how to play before decideing ... i found months of enjoyable gaming .... its not a easy cookie cutter game an u have to work to lvl but its all worth it once u reach 45 ...... i say just give it a chance......... if u can't do that  then i feel sorry for the gaming world ...... it comes down to either u love L2 ot hate it ........

A Long time L2 fan

" softerone" of course

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

Just give it some time...the point and click movement will eventually grow on you and you will no longer have any problems with it.

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

i played until level 55 and i dont really "hate it, as much as i believe its got serious issues. and the fact the game was NOT intended for the american audience. it was made for koreans by koreans, and as such it plays different from most MMORPGs. i dont know much about the culture but i do know that there culture is very significantly individual so that the game will have many cultural difference. maybe the character creation and characters looking similar has something to do with that but i ahve not a clue in hell. 

But whoever said its worth it once u play till 45 is right. i particularly dont like it as compared to WoW and the upcoming DnL. but its good for a game made NOT FOR US, so dont judge it normally.

But the only reason i posted here was because i check this games forums occasionally.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• Bigl99Bigl99 Member Posts: 19
    Alright so i took some advise i was told and trying playing threw. Iam still not to fond of the whole movement in the game. The way elfs move made me sick it was so retarded looking. So i started a human its still not that good but iam getting use to it. Iam not sure how long ill keep playing for but its not as good as i expected but its not as bad as i said befor.

• SeasonzSeasonz Member Posts: 113

hahaha, you hate it for the opposite reasons as most players.
    Most people I see on other forums say stuff like ''The feel of the game is great, the characters look awsome,
    love the lore, but the grind and drops are just way to hard'' The only thing I look down on this game for is its leveling, its so hard lol. Im use to games like RO, where you can make lvl 40+ easily in one day. This game is like, lvl 20 in 2 weeks.

====
    lol.
    ====

Ya i know what you mean. Its alot harder to level in L2 then it is in most mmo's. And i can see how alot of people might hate that but imo its alot better. Theres more gameplay if it takes time to level.

I wish I can learn how to power level from those guys who sell power levelin, if it took all night I would do it for lvl 20.. thats how impatient I am.

====
    lol.
    ====

• moonlightchzmoonlightchz Member Posts: 54

Originally posted by Seasonz
    Most people I see on other forums say stuff like ''The feel of the game is great, the characters look awsome,
    love the lore, but the grind and drops are just way to hard'' The only thing I look down on this game for is its leveling, its so hard lol. Im use to games like RO, where you can make lvl 40+ easily in one day. This game is like, lvl 20 in 2 weeks.

um... lvl 40 in one day? you'd have to play for 24 hrs or get a 12 hr tanking to do that... you do have a life right?

:::: officially boycotting capital letters ::::

• moonlightchzmoonlightchz Member Posts: 54

Originally posted by Bigl99
    Ya i know what you mean. Its alot harder to level in L2 then it is in most mmo's. And i can see how alot of people might hate that but imo its alot better. Theres more gameplay if it takes time to level.

if you make a game that takes a long time to lvl then that's ok as long as there are quests and content to fill that space between lvls. attacking the same monsters over and over again for weeks to get to lvl 40 does not consitute a good game. i'm not actually an L2 player but i was considering starting an account. someone please tell me that there is enough content to keep me from getting bored while lvling...

:::: officially boycotting capital letters ::::

I'm not actually a player either...yet (just ordered the game yesterday from amazon.com), but I have heard that a lot of the game is grinding...just going out and killing one mob after the other. But once you get into the higher levels, there is plenty of other stuff to do (if there wasn't, why would anyone play this game?). To get a full idea of what this game has to offer, I would go and look at the different chronicles(expansions) released for this game. Here's a link to the different chronicles:

http://www.lineage2.com/news/chronicle2_01.html

and for the upcoming chronicle 3:

http://lineagecenter.com/chronicle3/

Also, I found another good site with a bunch of info on Lineage 2 at:

http://lineage.warcry.com/

Originally posted by moonlightchz
    Originally posted by Seasonz

um... lvl 40 in one day? you'd have to play for 24 hrs or get a 12 hr tanking to do that... you do have a life right?

Wow, your a noob. I can get lvl 40 in about 4 hours o-o... you must have a complex or somting .. lol you think RO is like theh hardest game in the world.. maybe if your leveling a pure int theif.. LOL!!!!1

====
    lol.
    ====

Originally posted by Desalus
    I'm not actually a player either...yet (just ordered the game yesterday from amazon.com), but I have heard that a lot of the game is grinding...just going out and killing one mob after the other. But once you get into the higher levels, there is plenty of other stuff to do (if there wasn't, why would anyone play this game?). To get a full idea of what this game has to offer, I would go and look at the different chronicles(expansions) released for this game. Here's a link to the different chronicles: http://www.lineage2.com/news/chronicle2_01.html
    and for the upcoming chronicle 3:http://lineagecenter.com/chronicle3/Also, I found another good site with a bunch of info on Lineage 2 at:http://lineage.warcry.com/

Lineage 2 is a great game.. I meen it really is.. just its so slow... like if they increased the spawn rate...
    it would cut the difficulty of the game in half..

====
    lol.
    ====

It definitely would be nice if they added a server that offered at least 2x adena and xp, for those of us who do not really enjoy grinding so much. But that will probably never happen unless a lot of people start demanding it.

that 2x adena and 2x exp thing would be sweet but if they had it they should make it like till level 15 then you got to train normal. It would let you get a good start at the game giving you enough time to learn the basics but not make you board.

• OudoksujaOudoksuja Member Posts: 106

You do know where to find the option to uninstall it? I was pretty happy when I got rid of L2 on my comp.. It kind of symbolised the victory of my sense of quality over pixel boobs and brainless XP grinds.

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

Originally posted by Bigl99
    I got the game for free. Wasted a bunch of time installing and getting the patch i havnt even got into a fight yet and i already hate it. The Entire movment system is retarded your characters look so stupid when they turn i honestly dont see how people can play this. I looked at some vid and alot of screen shots i thougth the game looked amazing. But now that ive actuly played it i hate it more then any other game ive ever played. Ya iam sure alot of people will say dont make up your decision till youve actuly played the game. But the thing is with the movement system they have i cant even last mroe then 10 mintues. But what ever this is just my opinion*discuss*

The character graphics are designed with an Asian aesthetic in mind, similar to Asian comics and related Asian animations. I agree that they are strange from the Western perspective, but the Western market is the flea on the tail of the dog as far as the developers of L2 were concerned -- this is an Asian game made by Asians and for Asians.

The movement system as such takes some getting used to. We Westerners are all used to WASD movement, and a lot of keyboard shortcuts, and L2 is much more mouse-oriented. In the time that I have played L2 (and I play it casually, not as my only game) find that the mouse movement system works pretty well once you get used to using it, but you have to get used to swinging your perspective around quickly with the right mouse button and then clicking with the left mouse button to use it well.

I think that the entire game gets lackluster reviews here because it isn't really designed for the tastes of Western gamers -- either graphically, or interface-wise, or in terms of content. While Western games are moving towards easier quest-oriented gameplay with slick interfaces, L2 remains much more old-school with a very simple interface and grinding-oriented gameplay. The Asian market likes this, but the Western market doesnt.

I think the main reason why so many people hate this game is because of the amount of grinding required to get anywhere. Even to get to level 20, it takes a long time. There is a lot of high end content being added, but to get to the high levels, there is a ton of grinding that has to be done. I would like to see the devs add a little more low end content to the game or like Bigl99 said, make leveling faster in the lower levels. I know they will be adding a new system to help new players level their characters in chronicle 3, but I don't think that will really be enough. I remember playing Lineage 2 open beta, and basically the entire starting game was grind grind grind...new customers aren't going to be very impressed when they find out that is all there is to do until you reach at least level 20.

iam only level 10 right now but so far i find it pretty easy to level. Ya iam sure its gonna get harder but at the moment its easy for me.

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

The game has nice graphic and good character models. The grind is long and hard but sometimes worth it in the end.

For some who didnt play at startup, this may be a good game. But only if they fixed the problems they had with farming and griefing. PVP in the game was a joke. In all Id say the game was pretty cool. But with open pvp, they really have no policy on griefing what so ever. They also had and do have bugs in the system that NCsoft does not know about to further griefing.

For example my Gf who played beside me. One day we see this guy griefing lowbies while we are leveling up some new characters. So we go get our mains to come down and clear him out so we can continue to level in peace. Well, we get down there and he goes purple so we jack him up.

Now he is talking trash cause hes mad , saying hes going to get us back. So he comes back , goes purple again on someone. She lights him up with one shot and hes dead. Guess what? She turned red and gets killed by some other guy near by around our level and loses like 3 high level items that take a long time to get. So....contact NCsoft and blah blah blah, basically what i expected to hear cause we really have no proof. But the thing of it is, they acted as if we were lieing or didnt know what we were talking about. When in fact this wasnt the first time this bug has been used on someone.

And the only thing to combat griefing and farmers was a strong guild who could return it ten fold. But after doing this to seemingly everyone, it gets old and only wastes your time for leveling, Which in this game is very valuable.

Anyway getting past that , you had chinese farmers that would grief you for an area wasting more of your game time. Then in dungeons you would have some griefer pricks, train mobs on you till you died. Which blows even more time since you lose high level exp from dieing. These are only very few examples and in no way describe the actuall torture you may indure from losing items and game time.

But im sure by now, most of the farmers may have moved on and some of the little griefers fled to games like WOW. So the level on which those events used to take place may be low or non existant. If thats the case, then this game may be halfway decent again.

Heh, but with all the games out there.......I wouldnt recommend this one at all. There are too many to choose from that have had and do have alot less problems and alot more to do in game besides level up.

• GhostsGhosts Member Posts: 6

ehh... lol.

There aren't a ton of good quests, and some of them don't provide that much xp while you are doing them.  There are a couple good ones early on, like the ol mahum badges quest for Abandon Camp (bout level 20-27 depending on your gear), and then the ashes and box quest in the Execution grounds (bout level 30-35).  In both of these you get certain items from killing mobs, and you are paid for the items.  You can occassionally get special items in these that if you take them to the right person can be worth a pretty penny.

• airtrooperairtrooper Member Posts: 78

I Played this game for about a month before quitting.

I quit because all there is to do is grind in this game for xping takes forever of killing the same thing again and again and agian... than once you get up in levels you have to grind again to buy the basic equipment you need which takes longer than leveling does which means you are always using crap equpment for the level you are at unless you got a higher level buddy to give you stuff or buy adena or equipment on ebay... add this to the open pvp system where someone can come by and gank you anytime they are fealing pevish and you lose that hard worked for equipment and xp and you end up with a game that feals more like work than fun.

To say you have to go thro 45 levels of that before you can enjoy the game (if you happen to have the time to get to that level ie 24-7 grinding for who knows how long) is absured I thought I was better off playing a game I could enjoy from day one.

oh and those animations never stopped making me sick looking at them.. than again I am not a big fan of anime I found the only char i could stomach the animations for was the orc so you might want to give that a try if you dont mind grinding.

• Virtual98741Virtual98741 Member Posts: 24
    Man I hated this game its was ok but the controls where so anoying Could'nt stand it left after a week + the lag was horrableimage
  • BumLifeBumLife Member Posts: 65

Originally posted by Vampyr

i played until level 55 and i dont really "hate it, as much as i believe its got serious issues. and the fact the game was NOT intended for the american audience. it was made for koreans by koreans, and as such it plays different from most MMORPGs. i dont know much about the culture but i do know that there culture is very significantly individual so that the game will have many cultural difference. maybe the character creation and characters looking similar has something to do with that but i ahve not a clue in hell. 
    But whoever said its worth it once u play till 45 is right. i particularly dont like it as compared to WoW and the upcoming DnL. but its good for a game made NOT FOR US, so dont judge it normally.
    But the only reason i posted here was because i check this games forums occasionally.

Vamp not that I hate yah, but I don't think the sentenced you said " game was NOT intended for the american audience. it was made for koreans by koreans, and as such it plays different from most MMORPGs" is true.  I don't really like being stereotyped or generalized into a typical "american."  It's kind of like food.  Tacos and Burritos are made by Mexicans for Mexicans... still love them and I'm American.  There's many OTHER americans that like Lineage2 because of HOW the game is... not because it's "Korean" necessarily.
  • BumLifeBumLife Member Posts: 65

Originally posted by Desalus

I'm not actually a player either...yet (just ordered the game yesterday from amazon.com), but I have heard that a lot of the game is grinding...just going out and killing one mob after the other. But once you get into the higher levels, there is plenty of other stuff to do (if there wasn't, why would anyone play this game?). To get a full idea of what this game has to offer, I would go and look at the different chronicles(expansions) released for this game. Here's a link to the different chronicles:
    http://www.lineage2.com/news/chronicle2_01.html
    and for the upcoming chronicle 3:
    http://lineagecenter.com/chronicle3/
    Also, I found another good site with a bunch of info on Lineage 2 at:
    http://lineage.warcry.com/

POLITICS, POLITICS, POLITICS!!!! ALLIANCES, ENEMIES, BETRAYAL, FORGED FRIENDSHIP!!! BATTLE OVER TOWNS/CASTLES for (more power).

also the community in this game is probably the highest and most interesting I've seen.  When you join and become higher lvl (around lvl 45)  people will start noticing you as well as the clan you're in (out of necessity because people have to monitor new "threats or allies" that emerge)  If you want to be known in a game, not just as some "random player in a typical guild," Lineage2 is for you, but take this game easy cuz if you go too hardcore at it, it will burn you. (I'm lvl 55 and taking a break, by playing WoW but the community in WoW is pale compared to the drama and politics of Lineage2)  I've loved this game, hated it and loved it all over again, then hated it, and it continues... kinda like a girlfriend... image

Grind is baaaaaaaaaaaaaad tho like EQ bad... but it's not bad with a group of clan mates or friends.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

I'm going to be completely honest, I LOVED this game!

the only thing that made me quit was the grind, and the grind would have been perfectly fine had I not had finals and all the bs around that time. I did truly love this game...just the look of everything! it's all done so nicely, the guild system was awesome

the thing I loved the most was the pvp

but alas, the grind. I'd still be playing it right now had it not been for the grind.