Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DO you all realize?!?! I MEAN SERIOUSLY do you all realize that

nomatics856nomatics856 Member UncommonPosts: 219
 we are only two weeks away from the sequel to the greatest online hack and slash ever?!??!!!

Comments

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

Originally posted by nomatics856

we are only two weeks away from the sequel to the greatest online hack and slash ever?!??!!!

Really?

err yes

ok

REALLY!

ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Who cares.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by Torgrim

Who cares.

This, besides, torchlights the real diablo.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by nomatics856

Not even made by the same people.  Fail.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Diablo 2 was the Reign in Blood of hack-n-slash RPGs. While I'm a big fan of D2, I tried D3 and it just pales in comparison. I just can't get excited about D3. I want to, but can't.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

Who cares.

^

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • TyrokiTyroki Member UncommonPosts: 183

Torchlight will be cheaper, have mod support, won't be permanently online, and is being made by some of the original team.

Therefore, Torchlight is more the 'sequel to the greatest online hack 'n slash ever' than Diablo 3 has any chance of being, even if the worlds are different.

Heck, even Path to Exile is pulling it off better than Blizzard. Path to Exile may be a somewhat different beast, but at it's core it feels very similar. It even feels dark and gritty, unlike Diablo 3.

Blizzard lost their truely talented developers years ago.

MMO's played: Ragnarok Online (For years), WoW (for a few weeks only), Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Eve, Allods, Shattered Galaxy, 9 Dragons, City of Heroes, City of Villains, Star Trek Online (Got someone ELSE to pay for it), Champions Online (Someone else paid), Dofus, Dragonica, LOTRO, DDO and more... A LOT more. I've played good AND bad. The bad didn't last long. :P

• ArchidArchid Member UncommonPosts: 210
    It's Path of Exile... but anyways, who cares. I think Diablo 3 will be success only because its "Diablo" and thats that. Still Path of Exile and Grim Dawn are the ones im waiting. Sure i will get D3 but im not hyped about it and i've tested it and i felt almost the same when i played dungeon siege 3 at first. Meh.

the best way to kill a troll is to FLAME ON! ...or with acid...

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I may only buy D3 after it gets cheaper...

Tested during the beta weekend and its no where near as good as POE..

• TyrokiTyroki Member UncommonPosts: 183

Originally posted by Archid

It's Path of Exile... but anyways, who cares. I think Diablo 3 will be success only because its "Diablo" and thats that. Still Path of Exile and Grim Dawn are the ones im waiting. Sure i will get D3 but im not hyped about it and i've tested it and i felt almost the same when i played dungeon siege 3 at first. Meh.

It's sitting right there on my desktop and I still messed the name up. Oh well.

Grim Dawn is still a long time coming. Until then though, Path of Exile is interesting.

As for comparing the D3 feeling from testing with Dungeon Siege 3...  I share that sentiment.

So much potential: Long since lost.

MMO's played: Ragnarok Online (For years), WoW (for a few weeks only), Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Eve, Allods, Shattered Galaxy, 9 Dragons, City of Heroes, City of Villains, Star Trek Online (Got someone ELSE to pay for it), Champions Online (Someone else paid), Dofus, Dragonica, LOTRO, DDO and more... A LOT more. I've played good AND bad. The bad didn't last long. :P

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

Im still holding out hope for a Champions of Norrath next gen sequel. Sadly being console and how far into their console life 360 and even ps3 are i dont think we will ever see a new Champions game for some time. For ps2 CoN and CoN Return to Arms were a blast. Its too bad they werent made for pc but with SOE it doesnt surprise me that we havent seen anymore games related to those awesome gems.

I might grab D3 if its ever on sale. There are a ton of games i had no interest in getting that i ended up buying later when they were marked down on Steam/Origin.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Want now.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Originally posted by Tyroki

Torchlight will be cheaper,

Not important. 15 pounds vs 27 pounds. 12 pounds extra for Diablo.

have mod support,

Not important. Diablo 2 had nice mods but still that was not what kept me playing.

again I don't care

won't be permanently online,

I don't care, I live in the 21st centure and it never happens that I don't have access to the Internet. No piracy, much more control over hacks, character builds etc.

and is being made by some of the original team.

Lol w0t? Torchlight was an OK game at best. Don't see how Torchlight is dark and gritty. It just doesn't have the feeling and atmosphere of Diablo.

Therefore, Torchlight is more the 'sequel to the greatest online hack 'n slash ever' than Diablo 3 has any chance of being, even if the worlds are different.

Bullshit. That cartoony game is not a sequel to Diablo 2 in any way.

Heck, even Path to Exile is pulling it off better than Blizzard. Path to Exile may be a somewhat different beast, but at it's core it feels very similar. It even feels dark and gritty, unlike Diablo 3.

Bullshit. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657

Who cares.

This

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Originally posted by fivoroth

Torchlight will be cheaper,

Not important. 15 pounds vs 27 pounds. 12 pounds extra for Diablo.

have mod support,

Not important. Diablo 2 had nice mods but still that was not what kept me playing.

again I don't care

won't be permanently online,

I don't care, I live in the 21st centure and it never happens that I don't have access to the Internet. No piracy, much more control over hacks, character builds etc.

and is being made by some of the original team.

Lol w0t? Torchlight was an OK game at best. Don't see how Torchlight is dark and gritty. It just doesn't have the feeling and atmosphere of Diablo.

Bullshit. That cartoony game is not a sequel to Diablo 2 in any way.

Bullshit. 

Lol @ calling Torchlight cartoony when Diablo 3 looks like they used the exact same graphics as Torchlight 1.

• SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265
    I think there are too many D3 haters and POE fanbois for D3 to get more positive posts.  I played the beta and liked it.  It felt like it is a good sequel to D2.  It feels a lot like D2 which I think is a good thing because D2 was awesome.  I think too many people wanted an entirely different new version of Diablo...If it were entirely different it wouldn't be diablo.  Some people complaining that there are no skill trees...so what?  The skills they have are fun and cool...who cares if I can't "put points" into a skill.  D3 is gonna be way better then POE or T2 and there is nothing you can do about it.
  • PheniePhenie Member UncommonPosts: 14

Originally posted by Jimmydean

Lol @ calling Torchlight cartoony when Diablo 3 looks like they used the exact same graphics as Torchlight 1.

That's ridiculous. I'm not even a Diablo fanboy and I'll point out that is an incredibly ignorant comment.

Compare:

• M1rr0rl3as3M1rr0rl3as3 Member UncommonPosts: 24

Originally posted by Slukjan

I think there are too many D3 haters and POE fanbois for D3 to get more positive posts.  I played the beta and liked it.  It felt like it is a good sequel to D2.  It feels a lot like D2 which I think is a good thing because D2 was awesome.  I think too many people wanted an entirely different new version of Diablo...If it were entirely different it wouldn't be diablo.  Some people complaining that there are no skill trees...so what?  The skills they have are fun and cool...who cares if I can't "put points" into a skill.  D3 is gonna be way better then POE or T2 and there is nothing you can do about it.

About the skill trees, I prefer to have a skill tree rather than a preset skill system....Look at it this way, when EVERY character class (i.e. your Monk and a friend's Monk) have the exact same set of skills, what fun is there to have had when all you do is press 1 and only 1 button? I'd rather level my char differently to someone because sometimes when a class is being played poorly, you might make the difference having an entirely different set of skills than the one playing the same class as you but poorly....No thanks, I'll stick to my TL2.

• lvluplvlup Member UncommonPosts: 33

Got my Diablo fix, thanks to Path of Exile.

Diablo 3 is shit and lost it's way.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Originally posted by lvlup

Got my Diablo fix, thanks to Path of Exile.

Diablo 3 is shit and lost it's way.

yea right! or wait, maybe not ^^

hf with PoE, see you in 3 years when diablo 3 is still running and PoE is... well. long forgotten :P

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Less than two weeks now. 13 days and 2 hours (UK Release) as of right now.
  • NixlNixl Member Posts: 67

Former hater turned fan reporting in. 

Cannot wait to play this with some friends. Although, it does hurt to see a partial necromancer model (Jordan) in game that uses poison nova. 

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

Torchlight will be cheaper, have mod support, won't be permanently online, and is being made by some of the original team.

Hello there fellow MtG player (maybe).

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Originally posted by M1rr0rl3as3

Originally posted by Slukjan

About the skill trees, I prefer to have a skill tree rather than a preset skill system....Look at it this way, when EVERY character class (i.e. your Monk and a friend's Monk) have the exact same set of skills, what fun is there to have had when all you do is press 1 and only 1 button? I'd rather level my char differently to someone because sometimes when a class is being played poorly, you might make the difference having an entirely different set of skills than the one playing the same class as you but poorly....No thanks, I'll stick to my TL2.

You clearly don't understand the D3 skill system, or care to, yes all monks will unlock the same skills as the same time as they level but not all players will want to use the same skills, by level 13 in beta I had some 12 skills I could choose from but could only use 3 of them at a time, some skills were single target, some where AoE, some were defensive, some were heals, some where group buffs - even by level 13 I could create a monk that was all about single target damage, AoE damage or group focused with heals and buffs.  I made the choice as I leveled what skills I wanted to use and what playstyle I wanted to use.

By max level a monk player will have over 100 skills to choose from but can only use 7 at a time.  Also a  skill/rune you unlock at level 52 is not better than one you unlock at level 5.

As to your 1 button mashing comment - pfft play the game and come back.  You cannot 1 button mash D3 like you could D2 the system is not designed for that.