Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game Lockup

DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,358

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem with battlefield vietnam. I can play single player fine, but when I start multiplayer, my comp locks up and I have to press power button to restart. I do have my comp going to a router, but I have tried with a direct connection to my modem as well. Here are my system specs, EVERYTHING is up to date with latest drivers:

AMD 64 3500+
1024 MB Corsair XMS 3200 RAM
PCI-E 6800 GT 256 MB
Sound Blaster Audigy Z2 7.1 surround sound
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo
NEC 16x DVD R/W
PC Power and Cooling 510 Watt PSU

I know its not a heating problem, I have 6 fans in my pc, plus 3 exhaust fans and my hand gets super cold when I put it inside :)

I am not OCing anything atm. And like I said, this only happens when I attempt multiplayer.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Lockup usually revolves around harddrive and RAM issues if it is not a CPU overheating issue. Run a full scan on your HDD and swap your RAM sticks in attempt to find a faulty stick, although those are some of the highest quality stick on the market.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,358

See, its only this specific game though, and multiplayer at that. I can play lan games fine, but when I log onto private servers it locks. One thing I left out is that it locks with a repeating sound (like if a bomb dropped I get that sound over and over)so I figured it was an issue with the sound card. But will scan everything though and then post results. ::::28::

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Did you try the obvious reinstall?

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman