Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-purchase sold out

RameiArashiRameiArashi Member UncommonPosts: 294

Digital downloads are no longer available at buy.guildwars2.com.  They may make them available again after the start of the beta event. Gamestop and Best Buy may still have key codes available.

Comments

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by RameiArashi

Digital downloads are no longer available at buy.guildwars2.com.  They may make them available again after the start of the beta event. Gamestop and Best Buy may still have key codes available.

Yeah just got my wife one from Gamestop. So don't think they are sold out just yet there.

• BrachusBrachus Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Just got mine from Best Buy, so they are still available there.
  • WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

Originally posted by RameiArashi

You could of just looked at the news section been up there quite a while.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/view/news/read/24312/Guild-Wars-2-NA-Digital-Editions-Sell-Out.html

• kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

What people seem to not understand is this, and I'm just going to make up a number here since I don't know the exact number. Anyways, Anet has 48 total servers for this BWE. Say they know that the server cap for each server is 3000. 3000*48=144,000 (again, I'm just making numbers up, I know the thread in the forum has 200,000+ views). So now they have the total number of players that they know they don't want to exceed so that they don't overload the servers. They want to sell the game online on their site, and through Best Buy and Gamestop. They assign 20,000 of the 144,000 serials/keys to Best Buy, and 20,000 to Gamestop. That leaves them with 104,000 to sell on their own website. Once they have sold those 104,000, they announce that they are sold out. Best Buy and Gamestop still have copies left over so they don't announce that they are sold too. The total number of people on the servers combined is still going to be 144,000 maximum, if BB and gamestop sell all their copies too.

Do you all understand this yet?

Oh and 2 hours and 12 minutes to go omfg can't wait.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by kanezfan

What people seem to not understand is this, and I'm just going to make up a number here since I don't know the exact number. Anyways, Anet has 48 total servers for this BWE. Say they know that the server cap for each server is 3000. 3000*48=144,000 (again, I'm just making numbers up, I know the thread in the forum has 200,000+ views). So now they have the total number of players that they know they don't want to exceed so that they don't overload the servers. They want to sell the game online on their site, and through Best Buy and Gamestop. They assign 20,000 of the 144,000 serials/keys to Best Buy, and 20,000 to Gamestop. That leaves them with 104,000 to sell on their own website. Once they have sold those 104,000, they announce that they are sold out. Best Buy and Gamestop still have copies left over so they don't announce that they are sold too. The total number of people on the servers combined is still going to be 144,000 maximum, if BB and gamestop sell all their copies too.

Do you all understand this yet?

Oh and 2 hours and 12 minutes to go omfg can't wait.

Thank you for answering a question no one asked....