Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Graphics (example included now)

2»

Comments

• PlaidpantsPlaidpants Member UncommonPosts: 267
    Oh - sorry - it must be my imagination that I was running a 16 man raid with my guild last night as well as warzones.
  • BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

Originally posted by Plaidpants

Oh - sorry - it must be my imagination that I was running a 16 man raid with my guild last night as well as warzones.

Does your guild have a place to call "home" or do you guys simply log in and group up. There's a difference, oh yeah there is. What social tools beyond grouping that makes TOR a MMO? Just grouping is nothing more than multi-player.

• evianwaterevianwater Member UncommonPosts: 308

Random baseless negative comment thats more about personal opinion, peppered with extreme verbage like "Ruined, horrible, ridiculous, terrible."

Thats what I'm supposed to post right ? since this is the MMORPG.com forums.

There's been times I've been stunned by beautiful graphics in SWTOR..and times they've been plain bad..so what ? That's every game..even games like AoC have some comically bad textures or graphics. GW2 I guess is more about bad animations then bad graphics..Tera was pretty meh.

• FaliceFalice Member Posts: 329

Well what I was mainly saying in this post - is that the game looks pretty. It's not the greatest MMO (I'm still waiting for that one), it's not even close... What it is doing is holding me over until D3.

Yes it is lifeless in the sense that the worlds various inhabitants are as boring as wallpaper, they lack diverse animations and very few can be interact  with - the rest are just mannequins. Come to think of it, the game has been peppered with mannequins. Another reason it seems barren is that mob density is very low.

Again it's a very pretty game, I'm having fun playing solo/casual, but beyond that it's not somthing I'll be sticking with.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Originally posted by hikaru77

Agree, SWTOR looks awesome now for a MMO. If you think it sux, dont know what ur opinion about gw2 textures then, you should take a look and the trees, wall, ground and even the details inside the buildings on gw2, is a beta i know, but atm is pretty bad.

GW2 is not guilty for SWOTRs bad graphics.

No, SWTOR doesnt look good for a MMO. Yah, it looks better than WoW, but then, that isnt something to be very proud of when theres MMOs out there that:

a) look much better

b) run much better

Epic 100vs100 battles that were mentioned quite a few times by devs, even recenty.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

20vs20 is slide show even with newest hardware.

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

Originally posted by Plaidpants

Originally posted by iceman00

Originally posted by hikaru77

Agree, SWTOR looks awesome now for a MMO. If you think it sux, dont know what ur opinion about gw2 textures then, you should take a look and the trees, wall, ground and even the details inside the buildings on gw2, is a beta i know, but atm is pretty bad.

Whatever one thinks about the game, LOTRO blows TOR's graphics out of the water, even with the high-res textures.  Skyrim looks better than TOR, and that isn't anything to be proud of.  As someone else pointed out, there are some pretty backgrounds.  But do things look smooth up front?  Is it a vivid graphical world as you move around?

No on both accounts.

a direct from consoles port running off of 8 year technology RPG looks better than a game made in 2012 for the PC?? say what??

fixed for u

• TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326
    I haven't been overly impressed by any screenshots from this game. graphics are moderate at best.
  • TiloTilo Member Posts: 24

Is it that bad? Or is there something else that make people angry?

image image image

image image image

Are these graphics that horrible???

• TiloTilo Member Posts: 24
    The problem I have now ingame is the sound they broken with 1.2 =(