Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR oceanic server transfers = very poor communication

A couple of months ago I received an email stating I was eligible to transfer to 1 of the Oceanic servers and to 'watch this space'

So I did, eagerly awaiting the email advising the plan for server transfers.... but it never arrived.   So I just find out there is a form, hidden somewhere in the swtor forums (thats no longer available) that we needed to fill out to do the transfer.  Now that this 'hidden form' is no longer available,

I even spent 30 mins looking for the server transfer form last week and couldnt find it..

I was really looking to playing on a server based in my own country, but since I cant, I have unsubbed.   There is the promise of future transfers, but given the way this has been communicated previously.... I wouldnt bother.

Wont be purchasing another bioware game either.

Comments

• Originally posted by aure12

A couple of months ago I received an email stating I was eligible to transfer to 1 of the Oceanic servers and to 'watch this space'

So I did, eagerly awaiting the email advising the plan for server transfers.... but it never arrived.   So I just find out there is a form, hidden somewhere in the swtor forums (thats no longer available) that we needed to fill out to do the transfer.  Now that this 'hidden form' is no longer available,

I even spent 30 mins looking for the server transfer form last week and couldnt find it..

I was really looking to playing on a server based in my own country, but since I cant, I have unsubbed.   There is the promise of future transfers, but given the way this has been communicated previously.... I wouldnt bother.

Wont be purchasing another bioware game either.

they are still allowing for people in oceanic areas to transfer as long as they meet specific conditions. since you unsubbed it doesnt really matter, for others that missed out and still want to transfer:

Live in the Asia Pacific region but didn't get transferred?

We appreciate that some players didn't get a chance to take part in the Asia-Pacific transfer process. While in the future all players will be able to take advantage of our character transfer system, for now, Customer Service is able to help with select transfers for those who would benefit from the lower latency gained from playing on an Asia Pacific server.

There are specific requirements that must be met for these requests, as follows:

• The country of residence on your account must be listed as Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore or another appropriate Asia Pacific country. You must also reside in that country.

• You must have already redeemed your product code for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

• You must have an active account, by setting up a recurring subscription or applying a Game Time Code.

• Only level 10 or above characters are eligible for transfer.

• Characters created after February 28th on an EU or US server are not eligible for transfer.

Getting characters transferred via Customer Service is a manual process with checks included. Please do not expect a transfer to complete quickly. However, if you are qualified, Customer Service will be happy to help you.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4175256#edit4175256