Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All NA Digital Editions SOLD OUT

Comments

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by Tayah

They'll have more available, they are just limiting it for now. Ya can't really run out of digital copies. image

Probably wanna go with what they have atm for the weekend and not fully overload themselves.

this and also if you bought it now you may not have time to download it in time and it might cause unneeded lag on their system and confusion with ppl trying to get into the BWE last minute. My guess is they will reopen sales after the weekend.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    I may be on the side of error here but how can you sell out of a product that's a digital copy?

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by colddog04

I wonder what their exact number was. 

While I don't expect them to give out a number (yet) - the 'getting started' post of the forums (initial download link) has been viewed 196 743 times.  So it's a good number of people.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Originally posted by TemperHoof

Sold out for me too. Wow, I have to admit that is impressive. Feels like I'm going to see a movie tomorrow and all of the seats will be full.

Heh yea this could be a good or bad thing, if its like an I-max theater with 1000 seats its good, a community theater with 50 seats its not so good...

• RCP_utRCP_ut Member Posts: 263

Originally posted by Sorrow

Sold out for me too. Wow, I have to admit that is impressive. Feels like I'm going to see a movie tomorrow and all of the seats will be full.

Heh yea this could be a good or bad thing, if its like an I-max theater with 1000 seats its good, a community theater with 50 seats its not so good...

Its beta, number are limited. I think this is a good thing.

For some reason if i acess that link it doesnt say sold out for me.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by firefly2003

I may be on the side of error here but how can you sell out of a product that's a digital copy?

Easy you limit the amount you allow to purchase.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by firefly2003

Very easily.  You determine the maximum acceptable load on the servers you have available.  Once you reach that point, you have 'sold out'.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by RKameL

Originally posted by Sorrow

Seems it's region specific, EU, doesn't seem to be sold out yet.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

There are a total of 48 servers listed for this WBE. We don't know exact capacity numbers, but that's a lot of people.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

Originally posted by Baddogbill

Guess they have enough people for this weekend for now, they're sold digitally atm.

https://buy.guildwars2.com/

That can't be it's just hype ....just ask all the troll wantobe's from Tera or Wow or Tor or that famous never to arrive sandbox game Barbie"s World

I have a beta key for Tera  also.... and it runs through tuesday. But I really hate pansy anime trany character models.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
    8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

Originally posted by DarkPony

WTF ANET?!

Just when I was finally over the fence and ready to prepurchase the game ...

... not :P

I'll be here on the forums, reading your reviewettes :)

Pony, why sit on the fence? I have an extra beta code if you want it.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

Originally posted by Kakkzooka

Originally posted by DarkPony

WTF ANET?!

Just when I was finally over the fence and ready to prepurchase the game ...

... not :P

I'll be here on the forums, reading your reviewettes :)

Pony, why sit on the fence? I have an extra beta code if you want it.

Give it to him! He won't be able to resist haha.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• Moe4871Moe4871 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    It's just a marketing scheme to force impulsive buyers to purchase the CE version of the game.
  • Skarecrow7Skarecrow7 Member UncommonPosts: 339

Originally posted by Palladin

Originally posted by Baddogbill

Guess they have enough people for this weekend for now, they're sold digitally atm.

https://buy.guildwars2.com/

That can't be it's just hype ....just ask all the troll wantobe's from Tera or Wow or Tor or that famous never to arrive sandbox game Barbie"s World

I have a beta key for Tera  also.... and it runs through tuesday. But I really hate pansy anime trany character models.

If THAT is what you edited it to.. wish I would have seen what you REALLY thought of Tera Ha.

• DookzDookz Member UncommonPosts: 562
    It makes sense. They want people talking and sharing about their experience playing the game not their experience with the lag in-game. 

Playing now: Cities: Skyline / Ori and the Blind Forest / Banished

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

Originally posted by Silverbarr

Digital Editions still available when I click on your link mate. Which is contradictory to your thread title.

M

check again even standard is sold out

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

You in EUR? doesn't seem to be sold out there yet. Just NA.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

You in EUR? doesn't seem to be sold out there yet. Just NA.

Ye seam to be only for US, i can still purchase and i'm from euro zone. OP should probably change his title.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Anxious to see how them limiting pre-paid DE atm will effect beta. I hope it runs smoothly and we all have a good experience.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• RCP_utRCP_ut Member Posts: 263

Maybe it only sold out on US, im EU and it doesnt say its sold out for me. I alreayd got mine, but went there to check it :).

Probably US servers reached max capacity for this beta.

• vesuviasvesuvias Member UncommonPosts: 151
    They almost had to do this just incase they got flash mobbed. Word of mouth spreads like wildfire these days and "If" the impact was big enough with tweets firing off all over the place once people are actually playing, then all thier careful preperation would have been blown. This weekend has to be Perfect. If I were them I wouln't risk it either.
  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

Originally posted by Moe4871

It's just a marketing scheme to force impulsive buyers to purchase the CE version of the game.

No it is the fact that the CE version is a physical copy with goodies and they have already factored these into beta server space.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Originally posted by Torvaldr

Nothing like artificially throttling supply to incite frenzied demand.  Their marketing team is pure genius.

Or instead?  

"To ensure the highest quality service we have temporarily limited the number of copies of Guild Wars 2.

As more capacity becomes available, we will make Guild Wars 2 available for sale again.

In the meantime, we encourage you to visit our retail partners , who may still have copies available."

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402
    LOL @MikeB the other thread was wayy diferent than this  this its call digital edition while the other was more general and mostly for the hole purpose but oh well.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Well, they did say that if they reached a certain capacity they would limit pre-purchase. They're probably close to the cap they set, and thus had to slow down sales. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

This discussion has been closed.