Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So excited for the PS3 version!! - some questions!

2»

Comments

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Originally posted by skydiver12

All people talking about "how amazing" and "changed" it is now, clearly are just overhyped fanboys.

Yes they added a lot of "content".

Yes they added a few working game mechanics.

But nothing really core touching. It's like a paintjob (even if it's a good one) and not until 2.0 the core and framework will get replaced.

The huge clusterfuck of an UI will only get replaced in 2.0, even the game engine which brought up all those secondary issues in terms of (restrictive) game design like copy & pasted worlds and you couldn't see initially past just a handful of people at once. The bad implementation of playershops and shopping areas, which made the world lacking in details. Before any fanboy rages in, this is said by your own prophet yoshiP. Read 2.0 manifesto.

Concerning consoles, the PS3 has a harddrive :)

The PS3 crowed likely starts out on their own services. You don't need to worry to catch up.

Totally agreed. Fortunately they should be very close to revealing the new client to the public.

Granted, for the few who were satisfied with the original game I could see the game having "changed" a lot even as-is. Too bad their perception is not shared by the great majority of people so it's kind of a useless opinion to base anything on.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

All people talking about "how amazing" and "changed" it is now, clearly are just overhyped fanboys.

But nothing really core touching. It's like a paintjob (even if it's a good one) and not until 2.0 the core and framework will get replaced.

The huge clusterfuck of an UI will only get replaced in 2.0, even the game engine which brought up all those secondary issues in terms of (restrictive) game design like copy & pasted worlds and you couldn't see initially past just a handful of people at once. The bad implementation of playershops and shopping areas, which made the world lacking in details. Before any fanboy rages in, this is said by your own prophet yoshiP. Read 2.0 manifesto.

The PS3 crowed likely starts out on their own services. You don't need to worry to catch up.

I'm not going to "rage" as you say, but to say the game hasn't changed is ignorance at this point. I played the game then, and now. MANY things have changed, and MANY things that have changed make the game more enjoyable. 

Is it 2.0 quality yet? No, but it's still good and has a bright future.

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

Originally posted by Stalkerous

Originally posted by Satimasu

Is there some hive mind overlord sending drones in here? Here, you can look at the 2.0 stuff. You can't feign ignorance anymore. They're rebuilding the game from scratch, engine and all. It would be stupid of them to release 1.0 on PS3 and change nothing. They aren't just calling it 2.0 because they're releasing it for the PS3.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/teaser/index.html

Hope that helps.

That info was there for long time after their interview about releasing 2.0 with changes and they said that the graphical engine WILL NOT be changed. Plus "completely remaking a game" doean't mean that they'll be changing the graphical engine as well. Not saying it can't happen, but they did say it in their interview, "there will be no change to the graphical engine".

That interview you're referring to was an interview with Tanaka right after XIV was released. I remember that one. Yoshida is the new head of the game. That has nothing to do with 2.0.  They are redoing the whole engine. They're going with a custom Luminous engine so that all the core issues in 1.0 will be resolved. We are even going to be able to remake our characters because they said they will look different in 2.0. If they weren't remaking the engine, the game still wouldn't be able to show more than 40 character on screen at once in 2.0. Yoshi-P said that was unacceptable to him. That's in multiple interviews after the 2.0 announcement. So you're just mistaken on who it was and when it was.

There is a chance they could screw 2.0 up. But do you really think they aren't going to fix anything at all and put the nail in the coffin for the game when this is their last chance for the most part? They're pulling out all the stops and have no intention on making 2.0 half-baked. It won't be for PS3 newbies with all the content the PC crowd is getting. And yes, there will be newbie servers that will be temporally blocked for the vets to go to so they don't dominate everything immediately.

I just so happened to like this game in the beginning and like it even more now. It's only been getting better. We'll know even more when SE lets out more info at E3.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• TJCATJCA Member CommonPosts: 27

The huge clusterfuck of an UI will only get replaced in 2.0, even the game engine which brought up all those secondary issues in terms of (restrictive) game design like copy & pasted worlds and you couldn't see initially past just a handful of people at once. The bad implementation of playershops and shopping areas, which made the world lacking in details.

...OR not everyone cares about this stuff and plays the game just fine. Or they do care, but play the game anyway because they know it will be fixed in 2.0.

Improvements were made to the UI and performance. Still has a ways to go, but they have. If you (meaning all the negative Nancys in this thread) can live it, play it. If not, wait until 2.0. If you don't care and won't bother to give this game a shot anyway, there's little point in trolling these forums for a game you don't even care about.

Personally, I wouldn't want such partypoopers in my community anyway. :P

Have a nice day. :)

• FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036

Been in the game again for about a week now. Most of the game's improvements comes in the form of performance issues. There still seems to be a minor memory leak, but it takes hours of having the game running before I notice it on my 3½ year old PC. The game has crashed on me maybe twice in the last week, which I still think is unacceptable for a "finished" (as in, they want you to pay for it) product, but its leaps and bounds better than it used to be.

I'm a craftoholic, so this is what I've spent the majority of my time ingame working on. Crafting is a lot less tedious than I remember it. Seems like they've sped up crafting exp gains, as well as the crafting animations (which looks kind of silly now). Overall its a good thing, I think. After the 30th or 40th time playing the same mini-game over and over, it gets kind of tedious.

I picked a high load world, but the community still seems relatively small. Maybe everyone's already high level, or maybe I've just grown used to there always being someone chatting in realm chats, but it seems like there aren't a lot of people running around. I have yet to party with anyone, and I'm already up to Lv. 17 PUG. Seems everyone is already in their own little clique. No luck finding a linkshell yet either. Had one person invite me to duo with him, but unfortunately it was when I was getting ready to leave. Bad timing, that.

I'm sure the PS3 version will play on the same servers as the PC version, just as the PS2 and XBox 360 versions of FFXI did.

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

Originally posted by TJCA
    [ If you (meaning all the negative Nancys in this thread) can live it, play it. If not, wait until 2.0. If you don't care and won't bother to give this game a shot anyway, there's little point in trolling these forums for a game you don't even care about.

Personally, I wouldn't want such partypoopers in my community anyway. :P

I don't want unshaved bad smelling people take a d**** in front of everyone, because they like it just "fine" in a wild grown garden. No standards and all that. Now get the f*** of my ffxiv lawn Yoshi P. is going to moe it and it will be the best eyecatcher in the neighborhood after the treatment.

And YOU are not responsible for this change.