Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Since 1.2.x CTD´s are now free for all ! and more !

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

It seems they make their game more buggy with new every patch they release. I in example, had no crashes in weeks , not just one.

> Now they released this new Patch 1.2.x and people are crashing to desktop (CDT) with the usual MS message and the game needs a restart. Mostly on WIN7 x64. it worked perfect until last patch.

> Some Level 40 quests are bugged, the quest designers didnt re-check their work and now there are Level 50 mobs in L40 quests. I wonder really if they have some Quality assurance or not....... 

>Companions havent been fixed either, they announced a fix in their Patch notes then later deleted that from the patch notes. So companions are still either gimped or you have to re-equip earpieces and implants every few minutes. Who is responsible for such things ?

> The grafic engine is still a stutter fest even on the best machines. never mind how much cash you spend you will always have the stutter between your 150 FPS. A SSD doesnt make it better either. Something is wrong with the grafic engine. The funny part is that SWTOR doesnt even use HighRes Textures or very complex effects at all. Its should even run smooth on an older computer. But it doesnt.....  Particle effects like smoke, fog etc etc are slowing down DPS in caves etc etc. No way to set them to lower quality either.

i am extremly dissapointed with BioWare and their very unprofessional bug handling. The more they patch the more bugged the game becomes.  It seems they arrived at their dead end without any clue how to return. 

My free 30 days after buying the game are over in a bit and it might be best to wait a few month before trying this game again.  I like this game but for more than 30 days theres simply not enough for me to do. No way i am pulling out new alts and do the same over and over for weeks..

later

Comments

• BrachusBrachus Member UncommonPosts: 97

I did not have any CTD's yesterday after the patch, and haven't played today to see if the problem exists for me. However, I have seen a lot of people posts on the forums with the issue and I know my friend is having the problem and is extremely pissed about it. 

My question, out of curiosity, those of you experiencing this problem since the patch, what video card are you using? From what I've seen on the forums from those posting their specs, it seems they all have Nvidia GPU's. I know my friend has a Nvidia 9800 GX2. As I said, I haven't had the problem yet, and I'm running a Radeon 6970. Just wondering if the patch may be causing conflicts with a Nvidia driver...