Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

this sandbox is the one sandbox to rule them all.

Bobbie203Bobbie203 Member Posts: 136

Those sandbox lovers should not lose hope for sure, this $50 million usd budger sandbox is the one sandbox to rule them all.

:D It could change the entire mmo industry.

Comments

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Ah, where would we be without Bobbies weekly attempt to crank up the hype train for ArcheAge. I actually wish you wouldn't and it sneaks onto the scene without much fanfare.
  • ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

Originally posted by Bobbie203

Those sandbox lovers should not lose hope for sure, this $50 million usd budger sandbox is the one sandbox to rule them all.

How many times have we heard that? lol

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• LarsaLarsa Member Posts: 990

Oh, please, ditch the fanboy attitude. 

The game might be good, maybe it isn't. It might be a true virtual world, maybe it isn't. It might be a good sandbox/hybrid, maybe it isn't.

I maintain this List of Sandbox MMORPGs. Please post or send PM for corrections and suggestions.

• Heinz130Heinz130 Member Posts: 227

Originally posted by ilives

Never

Of course in small isolated discussions,but the only "anoucements" about a game that are coming to ruin all others was about the WoW substitutes

In fact,im a sandbox big fan myself,and im looking for one to play for years,but ive NEVER stept into none of em (not seriously) but archeage is rly coming to change the sandbox concept

WoW 4ys,EVE 4ys,EU 4ys
    FH1942 best tanker for 4years
    Playing WWII OL for some years untill now
    many other for some months

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

Originally posted by Heinz130

Originally posted by ilives

but archeage is rly coming to change the sandbox concept

What does that mean?  A game either offers the freedoms and tools to impact the game world or it doesn't. 

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

The one thing I think AA is doing right is providing a lot of theme park content so that a more general audience can get into it, and discover the sandbox elements gradually, and on their terms. Starting off in a sandbox mmo, with no experience of them or clear goals already in mind is a huge barrier to most players, even those with experience of sandbox console games can find the lack of guidance or simple obvious mechanics in EVE, Perpetium etc alienating.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Any word on when or if it is coming to the states?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Fanboy detected!

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

When I saw the videos of this from yogscast I actually thought it was more along the lines of Vanguard than a sandbox.. you have to build your houses and stuff in Vanguard as well. There was quest givers just like all themepark games...

You all sure it's not just Vanguard with proper PvP? Can you actually affect the PvE in sandbox ways or is it only PvP related (like building castles for PvP)?

I'm genuinely asking here.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.