Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What women think about TERA female characters?

Comments

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Originally posted by colddog04

Originally posted by Kehdar

Where is the man ass? I can clearly see my Castanic female ass at all times. The clothes are even designed so that the top part flows around the ass. Can you please post a pic of bare man ass? Preferably very thin underwear so I can clearly see the crack through it.

This is childish, then what? If the castanic female as 75% of his skin exposed and the male has 74% will you ask for the 1%?

Anyway i'm asking you, why you aren't rising the same fuss over GW2 armors?

Why no one was in rage mode for wow night elves (if not some female organization)?

Why no one armed himself with torches and pitchforks for Lara Croft?

It's not the % revealed. It's the sections that are revealed.

And how can you call wanting that childish when it is what we get when it is a female? I don't get you, man.

And here I thought this was a humorous opportunity to stick a dollar down the male Castanic's trousers and call it a day.

Originally posted by Suzie_Ford

Originally posted by Sorrow

What... you've never heard a woman go, "nice ass?"

What planet are you from?

OMG this thread has become so funny.. I know I've said it to men, sadly most of the men with nice asses turn out to be gay go figure..

OMG...I just spit out 1/2 a mouthful of water. LOL! So very true. :)

Yeah, well... we aim to please. image

• FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036

Originally posted by Kehdar

Where is the man ass? I can clearly see my Castanic female ass at all times. The clothes are even designed so that the top part flows around the ass. Can you please post a pic of bare man ass? Preferably very thin underwear so I can clearly see the crack through it.

This is childish, then what? If the castanic female as 75% of his skin exposed and the male has 74% will you ask for the 1%?

Anyway i'm asking you, why you aren't rising the same fuss over GW2 armors?

Why no one was in rage mode for wow night elves (if not some female organization)?

Why no one armed himself with torches and pitchforks for Lara Croft?

And how can you call wanting that childish when it is what we get when it is a female? I don't get you, man.

Neither have their naughty bits showing. Its all abs, half-butts, legs. People just seem to not care when its a male thats showing skin. My earlier Conan the Barbarian boots & loin cloth example is proof of that.

And dont even get me started on Sparticus.

• baritone3kbaritone3k Member Posts: 223

Okay,

The goal in TERA is to avoid getting hit.

Everyone gets less armor than other games to enforce this.

Don't get hit. You don't have enough armor to protect you.

Think Bronn in GOT. Running around until the knight is so exhausted he can have his way with him.

I know this is a stretch, but avoidance is the name of this game.

Someone please make a good MMO.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

I wasnt actually planning on buying the game but after my wife and I played open beta she is demanding that we get it. I haven't seen her this excited about a game in a while so we will be getting it. She rolled Elen and is in love with her character.

She is not offended by the game in the slightest.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Well...From history speaking, my wife probably wouldn't roll the little girl looking race (Don't think it would be because she is offended, but she is an adult), she would roll a more adult looking, but also attractive race...

I also know women that will roll the most provocative thing you can find...The flip side is that I have played mmos with more men that would do that...It is always fun when a new guild member is flirting with the female character that is really a man.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Ok so women like men's asses, I guess that just proves that I, like Blue hole studios, did not know that... lol

:-D

Glad that I could entertain with my ignorance, lul! 

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

[mod edit]
  • nightowl79anightowl79a Member Posts: 26

I don't know if anybody here has watched any TV lately, but there is a lot worse being shown there.  Things people find perfectly acceptable in a movie or TV show are so tabo on games. Personaly I dont mind Terra Toon s at all. MY wife did say The Elii were pretty exposed, especialy the way they dance on the log in screen. but who knows.

• KehdarKehdar Member UncommonPosts: 441

I don't know what to say to you, really.

[mod edit]

When you see advertising or w/e use sex to sell, you see the men with their abs in plain sight not their ass, while often you see women ass in the same type of advertising.

Now the problem rest in the fact that the 2 major points of sexualization for women are breasts and asses so it's hard to take a picture of both at the same time. 

I call this unfair they have 2 points of interest we have 1... so much for gender equity.

In my country there is a saying "A woman undressing is alwasy sexy, a man undressing is always ridicolous" maybe that's the reason they don't put a male ass in front of your screen. 

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by Yamota

Originally posted by Karahandras

I'm male so my opinion doesn't apply to your question, but I find that the level of acceptance for the sexualization of 8 year olds to be disturbing.

This game always reminds me of the child prostition stories from second life.

[mod edit]

Tinkerbell?

[mod edit]

As an addedum someone pointed out that the population in games is 60% men 40% women, let's say the 20% difference is the reason why the castinic males don't show their asses.

I'm sure that if we reach 50-50 they'll bring it out happily!

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

[mod edit]

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

[mod edit]
  • corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

Originally posted by just1opinion

Originally posted by Dahkot72

Thankfully my wife is amused and not offended by such , and someone who understands fantasy games overall.

I find this usually explains most of the types who get upset or offended over this sort of thing.

[mod edit]

No, that's just YOU being sexist.  Of COURSE you like boobs hanging out all over the place, you're a man.  If we insisted that in our games men's penises would be swingin' in the wind all the time, I bet you'd not want to play that game.  You wouldn't want to look at male character's dicks.  So who's being hypocritical?  What's good for one is good for all?  No, it doesn't work that way.  Women just get exploited.

not saying you do...but if you DID want this, you could play Mortal Online.  8)  i don't think they have ragdoll penis physics, but nude players definitely are anatomically correct, and most of them are male.  lots of penis in that game.  8)   and mostly men play it.  8)

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

[mod edit]
  • OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

[mod edit]
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Originally posted by Himemiya

Originally posted by Suzie_Ford

Don't.

Get.

Me.

Started.

*encourages*

I lol'd.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

[mod edit]

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

[mod edit]

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

My girlfriend loves it.... I don't get it...

Personally, I see TERA and think 'Great action gameplay and graphics wasted on an art style I do not enjoy at all and overall shallow game...'

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

[mod edit]

On a serious note:  This has always been an intersting topic for me, because I've always wondered how women/young women feel about being objectified for the teaming masses of 'horn dog' male gamers that flock to events like E3, where scantily clad "Booth Babes" adorn practically every booth, and where Blizzard ships in super models to slap on some incredibly revealing armor and a little blue body paint as they strut their stuff in Night Elf attire for BlizzCon.

How many years has that half naked blond bombshell with the revealing blue robe, holding her VERY LONG, VERY HARD, VERY ERECT magic staff been used on the cover of EverQuest and all of its expansions?

Sadly, as someone that desires to see a more revealing outfit slapped on the "less fairer" sex, I feel that as a major demographic that ALSO plays video games, we're definitely neglected (me as a gay male, and the rest of you as naughty females... you know you're out there, You Ain't Got To Lie!)

Not saying that I want males exploited any more than females, but the imbalance has been there for a long time.

Yet what surprised me the most is the supposed industry push to increase the female "Gamer" population NOT through male eyecandy, or anything that you would expect, but instead through am archaic, poorly stereotyped executive decision to crank out vapid, mindless games.

Games based on weak Disney teen-targetted programs donned in pink (not that there's anything wrong with that... I'm looking at you Icewhite), or games aimed at franchises based on product lines developed only for very young girls (Barbie, My Little Pony, etc.), which always bothered me because I felt it was just a slap in the face to females that might be interested in something more substantial.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

[mod edit]
This discussion has been closed.