Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Computer Deals, Help, and Advice

1102103104105106108»

Comments

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Does anyone know the status of Cell Proccessors moving the PCs?

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• 394 pages going on 400 PAGES !!! lOL!

OK, I have a very big question for all you tech-heads!

I recently got a brand new program to watch DVDs on my computer. It is called "PowerDVD ver 5.0"

I also have and use "Blaze DVD".

My question is this:

When watching any DVD movie on a computer, does anyone know how to take screenshots of the movie? I want to take still shots of my favorite scenes. The 'print screen' key just shows the DVD screen, but with it blank or just blackness.

Is there some other key, or comination of keys, to press to take still shots of a DVD movie while you are watching it?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me answer this question. image

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

Maybe ALT+Prnt Scrn? That takes a picture of just your active window.

• Thanks for the answer. But it did not work. Anyone else have any ideas?

I want to take a still shot of a scene in this video:

http://media2.big-boys.com/bbfiles/galaxies1.wmv

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

Sorry xploror, maybe try a program like FRAPS to take a screenshot?

Originally posted by Kiamde
    Does anyone know the status of Cell Proccessors moving the PCs?

I think the power of cell processors is skewed. It's a bit hard to believe that the cell is so far superior to anything Intel and AMD have developed. Even if cell's do turn out to be more powerful I'd bet AMD and Intel have something in development to match or beat it. Otherwise IBM could just swoop back into the PC market and start to dominate over time, which wouldn't make sense since they got rid of the home computers and now their notebooks. It could make it's way into their servers though?

• AbyssKnightAbyssKnight Member Posts: 152

I'm going to go out on a limb here and revive this thread...people want and need it.

Question on power supplies and video cards...how much amperage at 12V do I need to run two SLI 7800 GTX's? And if the power supply is rated, say, 15A at 12V1, and 12A at 12V2, do those get added together for 27A?

• todd88todd88 Member Posts: 3
    hey all you have to do is go to a place like BEST BUY or FUTURE SHOP and you would be able to get a deal on a computer just like those ones that you listed well thats just me.
  • knightknifeknightknife Member Posts: 384
    Will an Intel (R) Integrated Graphics Card play guild wars or WOW? I dont care about it being on low graphics settings. I know that Intel makes really crappy cards.
  • AbyssKnightAbyssKnight Member Posts: 152

+3.3V@33A, +5V@24A, +12V1@13A, +12V2@18A, +12V3@16A, +12V4@8A, [email protected], [email protected]

These are the specifications on one power supply I'm using for an example. It has all these +12V listings, what do they each mean? Do you add them together to get a total amount of amps? Are each of these 12V listings used for different components on your motherboard? Anything like that? ::::37::

• knightknifeknightknife Member Posts: 384

Originally posted by Gunblade
    Originally posted by knightknife Will an Intel (R) Integrated Graphics Card play guild wars or WOW? I dont care about it being on low graphics settings. I know that Intel makes really crappy cards.What intel card?If you don't know...and are running a windows operating system. Go to Start > Run "dxdiag" wait until it is finished and go to the "Display" Tab. From there under the "Device" box the first line should be "Name:" and post back ! I would also like to know your CPU and RAM if that is possible; it would help me better guage if you could play WoW by comparing it to the system requirments.
    Alright gunblade....

Name:Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller (it was advertised as intel integrated graphics 2)

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip Type: (same as The "Name")

Processor: Intel Celeron 2.4 ghz

Ram: 256 mb ram (can upgrade to 512+)

• SiphonsSiphons Member Posts: 445

integrated graphics, are NEVER EVER EVER good. it's a rule.

---------------------------------------
    All you friggin suburban white kid wannabe poobutts that are in love with G-Unit are sad and pathetic. Find your own identity ::::28:: -Anarchyart

• mmorpgfan94mmorpgfan94 Member Posts: 4

Intel sux. Use nVidia or Radeon. they r better.

(currently using 128 mb nVidia Geforce FX 5200 Card)

• zimquatszimquats Member Posts: 301

AbyssKnight,

Here is some Info About the question you asked link http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket939/a8nsli-d/power.htm

• LordMagnusLordMagnus Member CommonPosts: 1,322

Wow, this has got to be the oldest topic I have ever seen on this site.

P.S sorry to bump an old topic but I just HAD to.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Originally posted by LordMagnus

Wow, this has got to be the oldest topic I have ever seen on this site.
    P.S sorry to bump an old topic but I just HAD to.

well "back in the day" it helped stop all those computer threads from popping up

they're all over the boards now, it used to save the place from being cluttered

people just stopped using it, lol

• ZaoldyeckZaoldyeck Member Posts: 67

well i decided to go and buy an entire new PC but i know its expensive if u buy a pre-built 1 from stores so i wanna try just buy parts and get me and some friends to build it together, and since im not an expert on it i just picked out a few parts, and i still need some advise on it. would these part be able to run world of warcraft [no lag / very very little lag if so] and if it doesnt waste too much time can u suggest a motherboard going with my processor unless u got a better and near priced processor that u can think of. i choose all these with a price range not exceeding £200 each part [im from UK]

Sapphire Radeon X800 PRO 256MB DDR AGP x8 TV-Out DVI-I Lite Retail Box [graphics card]

Intel Pentium 531 3.0Ghz Socket 775 800Mhz 1 Mb Cache EMT 64 Retail Boxed [processor]

im not putting a motherboard cuz im not sure the one i put would be compataible or not, but if the processor i put there was alright to run programs like 'World Of warcraft' / tactical operation and prob 1 extra program with them and still not lag.

for RAM im thinknig bout 1.5g of RAM

Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy 2 Value - 24bit 64 Voice Pci 6 Speaker Support - Win98 Xp - OEM [sound card]

Neutac iPod 2.1 Wooden Woofer Speaker System - White [speakers]

give me ur opinions plz
    thnx for ur time.

• ScorpesScorpes Member Posts: 830
     You'll be able to play wow with all the bells and whistles just perfectly.
  • ZaoldyeckZaoldyeck Member Posts: 67

well i did a lil bit more research and realised that the graphics card is only from US and it'll be expensive shipping it over so i looked onto a new graphics card.....give ur opinion plz.

Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 PRO Toxic 256MB AGP8x DDR3 DVI-I VIVO Retail Box

and can sum1 suggest a good mobo that is compat with my processor plz.

Intel Pentium 531 3.0Ghz Socket 775 800Mhz 1 Mb Cache EMT 64 Retail Boxed

thnx.imageimage

• HifructoseHifructose Member Posts: 308

BUMP!

::::39::

• kylecameron1kylecameron1 Member Posts: 240
    Wow that was a very long long long long long long topic it made it 3 years without stopping 45000 people viewed it. That is pretty big.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701

*Sniffle*.... Murt started this thread.... *sniffle*....

MURRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrTTTTTtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt Where are you my indian friend..... MUrrrtt nooooooeessssss......

*sniffle*..... I'm not crying.... i'm not crying.... *sniffle*

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>