Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 what issues to look for this weekend

PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

So with these beta events and all I am guessing the game release is very close. So does anyone know what sorts of bugs and isssues they might want us to look for. Seems to me these beta "events" are more of a stress test for the server architecture.

I've watched a few vids (20-30) and the game seems to run really smooth.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
8 gig Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

Comments

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301

Originally posted by Palladin

So with these beta events and all I am guessing the game release is very close. So does anyone know what sorts of bugs and isssues they might want us to look for. Seems to me these beta "events" are more of a stress test for the server architecture.

I agree :-)

Let's hope they won't crash (or to quote LOTR "Let's hope they last the night"...)

Just my 2 cents...

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

I agree it does seem to probably be more of a stress test than anything else.  The game does look pretty polished.  I've never been part of a beta before, but I'm guessing they want us to look for any glitches, whether cosmetic or not.  Some things I can think of to look for would be your character falling halfway through the floor when you walk into a building.  An NPC doesn't actually do the things it's supposed to do (give a quest or reward or show items for sale).  A boss doesn't die, or dies after one hit.

Probably just little things like that.  I can imagine that most if not all of the major bugs have already been worked out.

Also, I'd be willing to bet they'll want feedback on CS items....

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301

Originally posted by evolver1972

I agree it does seem to probably be more of a stress test than anything else.  The game does look pretty polished.  I've never been part of a beta before, but I'm guessing they want us to look for any glitches, whether cosmetic or not.  Some things I can think of to look for would be your character falling halfway through the floor when you walk into a building.  An NPC doesn't actually do the things it's supposed to do (give a quest or reward or show items for sale).  A boss doesn't die, or dies after one hit.

Probably just little things like that.  I can imagine that most if not all of the major bugs have already been worked out.

Also, I'd be willing to bet they'll want feedback on CS items....

LOL

i just remembered the things i saw in the SWTOR 1.2 pre-patch testing - one-hit kill bosses (not them - you...), PVP battles that wouldn't finish etc..

hehe... those were the times (when i enjoyed playing that game)

Just my 2 cents...

• KickinPups2KickinPups2 Member Posts: 48

Im sure most of the bugs have been worked out. I plan on keeping an eye on foolish things that are just out rageous and shouldn't be in the game or even mesh with the game for example. I.E SWOTR why wasn't legacy @ launch? Make sure to express what you want them to keep at launch ! Atleast that's my plan hoping they will listen "a little".

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

usualy those short beta phases are more like a "demo" :)

try to look for general errors and that should be it.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

It will be a weekend of perfect health, as all known diseases are cured.

• NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426

ArenaNet developers feel that people tend to treat open betas (or in this case, Beta Weekend Events) as more of previews or demos of the game, rather than actual betas, and they've also stated that the first impression is crucial. They're essentially making the weekends as short previews of the game, rather than stress testing or bug finding - they've done that in closed beta already in order to make the public weekends as enjoyable as possible. A stress test was conducted about a week and half ago. All of this is basically from developer forum posts and tweets, haven't got the sources hany anymore though, it's been some months (except the stress test part). I'm guessing they're trying to get more of an overall impression of players' views on the game, difficulty etc., and if there's something that needs to be tweaked.

Edit for clarity: there probably still is closed beta going on alongside BWEs, where they're testing other parts of the game. Not meaning to imply that the game is done and ready to release - that doesn't seem to be the case yet.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Originally posted by niceguy3978

It will be a weekend of perfect health, as all known diseases are cured.

LOL

The OP meant what issues to look for in game.  Not the game's effect on the real world.  :)

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• raazmanraazman Member UncommonPosts: 35

To tell you the truth, if we/Anet knew what bugs to look for, they would have already fixed it. In other words, we won't know what bugs there are until we play it. Having said that, I agree with the others in that the game looks like it runs smooth except for the optimization. Other than that, I won't expect too many bugs during the beta.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

You are only here for 2 things:

1. Stress Testing server capacity, Zone Load, and general mass player perspectives.  

and

2. Advertisment for future players through word of mouth.

So in essence dont worry about anything just enjoy your time in game and you will be doing all the work that Anet wants of you.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• raazmanraazman Member UncommonPosts: 35

Originally posted by Zylaxx

You are only here for 2 things:

1. Stress Testing server capacity, Zone Load, and general mass player perspectives.  

and

2. Advertisment for future players through word of mouth.

So in essence dont worry about anything just enjoy your time in game and you will be doing all the work that Anet wants of you.

Haha, yeah basically. We are being used as a means of advertisment. They're going to try to squeeze out the last of their potential customers that are sitting on the fence before it goes live.

• johnismejohnisme Member UncommonPosts: 110

We will be in the beta for one reason only,we pre purchased it.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

I will report bugs when I see them, but, personally i am there to see how some of these abilities actually work.  Some of the ability descriptions dont provide you with an exact figure to give you an understanding just how much something helps/hurts.

For example:  How much movement speed is given by the Rangers Utility:  Signet of the Hunt.  Or can you trait signet of Stone to give the player a 10 sec invul......(highly doubt it TBH).

This helps me decide whether or not something is worth being on my utility bar.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Most of the actual debugging/testing "tools" and information they will be gathering we won't know a thing about as they are all in the back ground.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Just remember, we (the prepaid) are there as a reward for adopting early.  There's not really anything expected of us other than to show up, log in and have some fun.  They do still have a beta test group that is apart from the rest of us, who actually are obligated to sniff out bugs and such.  Our primary goal should be to enjoy ourselves with this sneak peek and later, share our experiences.

That being said, I think most of us will be more than forthcoming with opinions, comments and discovered bugs because we are already invested in the game.  Not just financially either.  Chances are that everyone who will be seeing the game for the first time this weekend are also going to want to see the game succeed, and we'll be quite willing to help facilitate that.  I personally intend on answering as many of those little popup questionnaires as possible.

• VortigonVortigon Member UncommonPosts: 723

You are not there to check any bugs.

Any content you have access to will be have been pre-checked, shiney goodness to their best ability. The last thing they want is everyone getting their hands dirty with bugs during these publicity weekends.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

basically true but we will want to watch out for lag, DCs and at least for rangers the pet UI for many pets. Basically not all of the pets work and if you plan on playing a ranger make sure you test as MANY pets as possible and report the ones that just wait around and don't do much. 

As for other profs.. look for any bugs.. I am not really aware of any but I am sure there are some.

I guess one last issue to look out for..ADDICTION! ;)

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by Vortigon

Any content you have access to will be have been pre-checked, shiney goodness to their best ability. The last thing they want is everyone getting their hands dirty with bugs during these publicity weekends.

Though there is some truth to that of course, you certainly have a "glass half empty" kind of attitude don't ya?

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by Vortigon

you are so very wrong... ANY bug find is important to report and make sure its known.. otherwise you end up with WoW's issues with each patch because they have a terrible testing system.

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

My primary concern is guild management and controls. I am thinking of reserecting my old clan "Fortress of Light" and test out the guild stuff.

Anyone itnersted in bein m peons...and I promise i will not peee on you.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
    8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

The game is pretty polished, but it isn't without bugs.

If you want to spend your time bug hunting, go for it. It might be better, though, to spend that time trying out / looking for any features you are curious about, or want more info on.

I think they will still have the survey system / report bug option, so definitely report any you do find.

- The game already has gone through a stress test. These weekends are more like a demo / more general beta. Think of this as more of them showing off where they're at currently, as well as giving us some time to make suggestions before the game launches.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Let's see if I'm able to make this beta I'd check on things like the CS to make sure there isn't nothing retarded in there.

Umm balance in pvp, event glitches, wvw lag, erm there are some more things, can't think of them, oh and particle effects is another one.

Take care guys.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

Weekend BETAs aren't for actual testing.  They are for generating good press and stress testing equipment.  They wouldn't do a weekend BETA if the game still needed to be debugged.   Think of it as an open beta because that is what a weekend beta really is.

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754

I have two issues that I am greatly concerned about with GW2....

1) Is the PVE any good at all??...GW1 had horrific PVE and GW2 had better be significantly better

2)W v  W v W - Most games where there have been epic PVP battles there has also been horrific lag and gameplay issues...... TO me it sounds like the entire selling point of GW2 is this and if it isn't incredibly awesome performancewise, it could be a huge fail.