Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anything new for a (pve) mission runner in Inferno?

KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

Greetings.

Nowadays I only get to play computer games about 30 minutes a day, maybe an hour if im lucky.

Neverhteless, im a sucker for internet spaceships, and (not surprisingly) im also a long time eve-fan. (But im no ''eve-expert'')

I have quickly browsed the inferno site to look for the new features included in it, and seems like ccp is moving in the right direction once again:)

But, since about half-an-hour is no where near enough time to cooperatively conquer the galaxy for ME... :D

Im interesed in those quick-run agent PVE missions in eve!

And i was wondering if CCP has added any new agent mission content (storylines, new missions or new mission variants etcatera) since the last time I played the game (it was june 2011 or something like that, if memory serves).

...OR if there is anything a (returning) mission runner can look forward to in INFERNO?

PS! PLEASE do not try to remind me that eve is not a single-player pve game, AS I AM ALREADY AWARE OF THAT FACT, what im doing here is ASKING if new PVE stuff is available, NOT ordering you OR ccp to turn this game into a pve carebear fest.

Thank you for your time:)

Comments

• KravisKravis Member UncommonPosts: 186

They are nerfing the loot table, would you call that a feature because in CCP's last newsletter they sure think it is?

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

They aren't 'nerfing' the loot table.  They're simply finally making the game more reliant on the player economy.  The loot tables from before have been feeding items that came out of nowhere into the galaxy for far too long.  It's an item faucet that has probably been doing more harm to the economy than help it over the years.  If anything, they're helping the game's economy in several ways.

• KravisKravis Member UncommonPosts: 186

Originally posted by Sheista
    They aren't 'nerfing' the loot table.  They're simply finally making the game more reliant on the player economy.  The loot tables from before have been feeding items that came out of nowhere into the galaxy for far too long.  It's an item faucet that has probably been doing more harm to the economy than help it over the years.  If anything, they're helping the game's economy in several ways.

Working wonders right now with just the speculation. It will be interesting to see what the economy looks like 3 months after Inferno. Oh btw, nice spin on "They aren't 'nerfing'."

Nerfing

"In video gaming a nerf is a change to a game that reduces the desirability or effectiveness of a particular game element.

• JowenJowen Member Posts: 326

There appears to be no new PvE content with Inferno except Factional Warfare related.

If you do not participate in or enjoy ship pew-pew combat with other players Inferno seems to hold no new content besides a few balance tweaks. At least nothing with more than half an hour added depth.

• ChramChram Member Posts: 91

I think they added some new exploration complexes. These things are way more fun than the run-of-the-mill missions anyway. Also drone rats in missions/plexes will now give bounties.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

I'm waiting to get a look at this new missile launcer animations (Not sure if they are actually in yet). That's gonna be pretty cool..

CCP is one of the developers out there right now that know how to keep players satisfied and are actually improving on their game at a steady and mostly successful rate.

The hiccup since monicle-gate has been smoothed out mostly. They are back on track and definately probably one of my Top 5 Dev teams out there right now..

CCP is a pretty solid bunch.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• s1fu71s1fu71 Member Posts: 220

I think they added some new exploration complexes. These things are way more fun than the run-of-the-mill missions anyway. Also drone rats in missions/plexes will now give bounties.

I'm loving exploring now. Bounties on drone mission/plexes is a great idea.

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I think this is Eve's biggest weakness - it's not really a game you can play for half-an-hour and leave.

The PvE is really just for new players to get used to combat and earn some ISK.

Eve is really a PvP game and takes 2-3 hours or more each log in.

DUST combat should be quicker and there will be 'aircraft'.

However, I don't have a good solution to the OP's question.