Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't Listen

To all of the people making posts about how bad the game is. 

TERA is awesome!

It starts off slow 

then gets really fn good!

I can't believe these punks that make reviews on combat when they didn't even level past 4. I'm 27 at the moment and having a blast on my warrior. 

You can't have everything at level 1. It's called character progression, something a lot of new games forget about. 

Comments

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880

I wasn't sure if I liked the combat at first but decided to give it another go, and I'm really glad I did! Enjoying the game and might even cancel EvE and Rift and just play TERA and GW2.

• PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239

If the game was as good as your posting OP, you would not be here..Sorry to say it really..If the game was really good  as you put it.you will have more than 2 Posts by different people..Whats wrong with this picture? image

I retired retroactively..Haha

• ArkiniaArkinia Member Posts: 251

Originally posted by Popple

If the game was as good as your posting OP, you would not be here..Sorry to say it really..If the game was really good  as you put it.you will have more than 2 Posts by different people..Whats wrong with this picture? image

I'm # 3, is that enough? To the OP, glad you are having a good time. Nice to hear good things about new games. 

• KinchyleKinchyle Member Posts: 309

Originally posted by Arkinia

Originally posted by Popple

I'm # 3, is that enough? To the OP, glad you are having a good time. Nice to hear good things about new games. 

I'll be #4. The game is good. Better to me than most I've tried lately.

As to "you wouldn't be here if it were that good...." That's crap. I often take breaks from games/betas and browse forums while eating. Then see something to post about, post, and get back to whatever I'm playing. By your own argument, having only two or three posting in this thread would make sense right? No one here to reply cause they are all playing...

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    Yeah I'm on my phone because I don't log on unless I have a big block if time. I also know how a game's forum gets on this site at release time.

TERA is a new old school game. You don't have to quest to progress, lots of group content and has a really engaging combat system. They add a lot of features from other games and it comes in a very nice box if you like the artstyle.

Don't take my word for it, look at the majority of the complaints about the game: quests, combat & artstyle. Quests other than the main story are optional, the combat is not going to appeal to everyone but those who like it agree that it's miles ahead of tab targeting and the artstyle is personal opinion. The graphics themselves are Unreal Engine 3.

I guess people also complain it's not free to play but I usually laugh at that. TERA is well worth a sub.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Once you start doing BAMs and dungeons around lvl 22, TERA really hits its stride. The game is actually challenging at times, which is very refreshing. BAMs remind me of EQ1, because every kill is a memerable victory. It's a lot of fun, and quite social too! Though, I'm on Celestial Hills...which could have something to do with the solid community.

Joined - July 2004

• KehdarKehdar Member UncommonPosts: 441

Totaly agree with the OP.

And 'm posting on my second monitor while playing my archer on first :)

• PurgatusPurgatus Member Posts: 342

Not every game will appeal to everyone. Im glad you have found a good game for yourself.

I for one find the game very badly designed and any threads looking for opinions will have me posting as such.

Not listening is not the anwser, look at why people do or don't like it. Just don't make a descion based on Fanboi's and Haters! Have fun with TERA you guys!

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

Agree, TERA is an awesome game. I have tryed a few classes over the CBs all of them are run and feel completely different.

People will always slate games but most people who do either haven't played it or tryed it knowing they were going to slate it anyway.

The combat has never been done like this in an MMO before, Can't wait for launch.

Oh and the reason I'm not playing now is because I don't want to replay all the game over again at launch, Thank you. Besides just because you post on a forum doesn't mean your chosen game is shit....

Originally posted by Purgatus

Not every game will appeal to everyone. Im glad you have found a good game for yourself.

I for one find the game very badly designed and any threads looking for opinions will have me posting as such.

Not listening is not the anwser, look at why people do or don't like it. Just don't make a descion based on Fanboi's and Haters! Have fun with TERA you guys!

2 post and both about TERA, Do you work for NCsoft?

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Originally posted by Kanester

Agree, TERA is an awesome game. I have tryed a few classes over the CBs all of them are run and feel completely different.

People will always slate games but most people who do either haven't played it or tryed it knowing they were going to slate it anyway.

The combat has never been done like this in an MMO before, Can't wait for launch.

Oh and the reason I'm not playing now is because I don't want to replay all the game over again at launch, Thank you. Besides just because you post on a forum doesn't mean your chosen game is shit....

If you preordered, your character isn't going to wipe from this weekend.

Joined - July 2004

Well since you registerd today and you made just 2 posts both against Tera your stand was pretty clear :)

Anyway I agree is not for everyone and i'll say instead of looking at why people do or don't like it, try it while is in open beta and judge by yourself.

• PurgatusPurgatus Member Posts: 342

Originally posted by Kehdar

Well since you registerd today and you made just 2 posts both against Tera your stand was pretty clear :)

Anyway I agree is not for everyone and i'll say instead of looking at why people do or don't like it, try it while is in open beta and judge by yourself.

Even better.

I'm totally biased, and I'll make no claims to the contrary. I have ghosted these forums for months, and as I just played the Open Beta, my impressions were fresh. I understandthat, when you enjoy something, you want to hear the same from others, but I feel that rational dissenting veiws are nessecary too.

Lol. Even someone with a new account can have a valuable persective!

• HallowelHallowel Member Posts: 42

I too, love TERA.  Just cannot afford it. Other than that, the game is beautiful, enjoyable, immersive and action packed combat goodness.  Love the combat system.  Just wish we could afford the game and the PC upgrades needed to make it run amazingly better.

Hey it's just my humble opinion, despite my low post count - however I have been a member for quite some time and I rarely post. So when I do, one should realize it is on topic of something I had that much inkling to open my hermit cabin door and voice my opinion there-of.

~Ra Hallowel

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Yea to me TERA is the best game to come out in the past two years

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• ArkiniaArkinia Member Posts: 251

Originally posted by Hallowel

I too, love TERA.  Just cannot afford it. Other than that, the game is beautiful, enjoyable, immersive and action packed combat goodness.  Love the combat system.  Just wish we could afford the game and the PC upgrades needed to make it run amazingly better.

when I read something like this I can only feel how lucky many of us are and how much we take for granted all the games we get to play and subscribe, too. Hopefully some of us will realize how fortunate we are. Man, I wish I had some spare bucks to front you, I just don't. Good luck and hope things pick up for you.

• HallowelHallowel Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by Arkinia

Originally posted by Hallowel

when I read something like this I can only feel how lucky many of us are and how much we take for granted all the games we get to play and subscribe, too. Hopefully some of us will realize how fortunate we are. Man, I wish I had some spare bucks to front you, I just don't. Good luck and hope things pick up for you.

Such thougts are worth more than most realize.  Thanks, Cheers! 

Now get back to the game! ;-)

~Ra Hallowel

Originally posted by remyburke

Originally posted by Kanester

If you preordered, your character isn't going to wipe from this weekend.

Not for us guys in EU :(

We have to wait untill Saturday for the early headstart,

• BoltSaviorBoltSavior Member UncommonPosts: 11

Love it! cant wait on full release! 

Better then D3! Boom! 

• gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234

This game is refreshing. I enjoy the combat personally. We have to meet the troll's quota of approval or they will claim we are to small in numbers to claim the game to be truely fun for anyone. I like the fact that so many new games are coming out. More choices for us as gamer's.

Lol. Even someone with a new account can have a valuable persective!

Oh God guys don't make me feel bad :p i didn't mean that you have to be an old user to have an opinion. 

I was just pointing to that you registered just with the purpose to express yuor opinion on Tera and so i was expecting you to express it in every post where such opinion was asked :p 

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

I love TERA and so does my well established guild, having a blast as always.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by pimpdizzle

To all of the people making posts about how bad the game is. 

TERA is awesome!

It starts off slow 

then gets really fn good!

I can't believe these punks that make reviews on combat when they didn't even level past 4. I'm 27 at the moment and having a blast on my warrior. 

You can't have everything at level 1. It's called character progression, something a lot of new games forget about. 

How about....no.

What is it with you people? If you like the game, Great!  Just say so.  Don't gripe about people who don't share your viewpoint.  I hit 22 and realized the game is not for me.  It's not horrible but it isn't great.  So, does this make me a punk?  I don't get why people get upset at people who dislike their game.  Are you that worried that any negative opinion will make your beloved game not ship or something?

• gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234

That's a 2 way street elocke. Some people (not you) That don't like the game. Seem to tear into people who do like it and speak highly of it. It goes both ways.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by gorro187

That's a 2 way street elocke. Some people (not you) That don't like the game. Seem to tear into people who do like it and speak highly of it. It goes both ways.

Oh, I agree.  But 2 wrongs don't make a right.   Really wish they would make Arguing 101 a class in high school.  So many people come out and never learn to debate correctly or give back and forth in conversations.  It always comes down to mudslinging and pointing fingers.  Any time that happens, of course people get defensive.  When that happens, any chance at constructive conversation is shot.  It's not just in forums, either.  I see it in our politicians, on TV, in the streets, in the work place.

Bah, anyway, I actually am glad that some people like this game a lot.  They've been waiting a long time and it seems they finally have one to sink their teeth into.  Me?  I just need to wait a few more months for hopefully my game of choice.  

This discussion has been closed.